Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

His entire Newcastle career was summed up in the final minute when he blasted down the wing and when a chance was there to win the game he produced an appalling pass that was neither nowt nor something. So frustrating.

Guest Heneage

His entire Newcastle career was summed up in the final minute when he blasted down the wing and when a chance was there to win the game he produced an appalling pass that was neither nowt nor something. So frustrating.

I'm sorry but after your comments about wanting Jose shipped out, I find it hard to take your opinion seriously.

I'm sorry but after your comments about wanting Jose shipped out, I find it hard to take your opinion seriously.

i haven't read the JOse comment but his comment on Jonas t the end is 100% spot on.

Do you have to include this in every post you write?  It also means sweet FA btw.. you see should some of the other players in Maradona's squad.

Ive mentioned it twice & it seems a pretty obvious point to make.

You dont think he's used to playing at a higher standard than the championship then? Thats the only way it could mean FA.

I dont think you have made your point very well, he has never been successful at a higher standard.. goalscorer?.. get a lot of assists??  A match winner?  Not really.

I think you're being slow essentially, thats why. Him not being successful at a higher standard is easily debatable but mainly irrelevant as i asked if you thought he was used to playing at a higher standard.

He's played all his life at the top level in Argentina, Spain & did the same when he came to England. Along with getting into his national team (yes im making the point again  :pow:) My argument was that dropping down to the championship is an understandable reason why such a player may not be motivated to the extent he has been previously when playing against the likes of manchester United.

What is it that you disagree with ?

So far you've just pointlessly taken a dislike to me using him getting into Argetinas team as a solid reason to back this up.

Guest Heneage

Oh pipe down soft lad, I've frequently said that Jose has won me over.

And what?

You gave Jose no time, and you've given Jonas all of season and a half, Wenger will give players up to 2-3 seasons to fully adjust.

He's at the heart of nearly all our periods of pressure. Thought he was brilliant tonight. Granted, the final ball isn't always great, but he puts the fear into defenders and can drag them all over the place. If we had someone with better movement up front we would gain far more from him in terms of assists. His workrate is good too. The opposition don't usually get many chances down their right, and that's because of both Enrique and Jonas working together. One of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

I thought he was pretty good tonight all things considered. Yes, he fucked up the chance to feed Carroll a decent ball at the end (and who's to say he would have scored btw?) but I think that's distorting his overall contribution. I'm far more depressed watching him get into a decent position and having literally nobody to pass to even if he could do so on a more consistent basis.

Unfortunately if he could supply a final ball more often he wouldn't be playing for us.

I thought he was pretty good tonight all things considered. Yes, he f***ed up the chance to feed Carroll a decent ball at the end (and who's to say he would have scored btw?) but I think that's distorting his overall contribution. I'm far more depressed watching him get into a decent position and having literally nobody to pass to even if he could do so on a more consistent basis.

Unfortunately if he could supply a final ball more often he wouldn't be playing for us.

It's irrelevant to be fair, if Carroll had missed it then he'd be to blame instead, as it was it's Jonas' fault.  I agree with what you've said though.

Although maybe a Tad harsh otter is spot on there, that summed up Jonas, amazing run but complete failure with the end product.

I know it's frustrating but I cannot think of another Newcastle player I have watched (including Ginola and Robert who I loved) bar Beardsley or Waddle who could have got into that position at the end.

He bought us SO much time tonight. Compare the left side tonight with the right side.

He has played really well the last few games and probably our only player who could make a run like that at the end. I know he made wrong choice at the end but anyone else and they would of been to tired to even move. I would love to see the distances that our players run during a game.

I wonder who runs the furthest between Jonas and Nolan?  :lol:

He has played really well the last few games and probably our only player who could make a run like that at the end. I know he made wrong choice at the end but anyone else and they would of been to tired to even move. I would love to see the distances that our players run during a game.

I wonder who runs the furthest between Jonas and Nolan?   :lol:

It's not much of a point given that Nolan has arguably been far more effective.

The run at the end made me wonder. Imagine if he had gone for the shot, and scored - had he remembered to bring the Spiderman mask with him? If he had, and if he had scored, it would have been one of the greatest last minute goal + celebration combinations ever in the history of football. Beats a hairy chested Ryan Giggs twirling his shirt in the air for sure.

I wonder who runs the furthest between Jonas and Nolan?   :lol:

It's not much of a point given that Nolan has arguably been far more effective.

Not recently Nolan has been a waste a space and does nothing for the team