Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

He was two footed. His right was very strong when it came to shooting and passing. It's just that his left is naturally dominant foot, and this was evident if you watched him receive the ball, run with it, etc.

edit: Actually, quite sure he took penalties with both feet. The fact is that he was too much of a loose cannon to be on penalty duties period.

Yes he is right footed, this is an easy one, in return, can you tell me which was Obafemi Martins' strongest foot?

Left

I always thought that, and I was certain he was watching him, until he took a penalty with his right v Reading or someone and I was dumbfounded...

Yes he is right footed, this is an easy one, in return, can you tell me which was Obafemi Martins' strongest foot?

Left

I always thought that, and I was certain he was watching him, until he took a penalty with his right v Reading or someone and I was dumbfounded...

Very two footed player. Not a penalty taker at all though. Shouldn't have been given that responsibilty just because he was #9 striker. You'll remember him taking a penalty with his left against Everton that was a threat to planes.

Where do i start with Jonas . . . .

All last season I was very dubious about him but I think that he has now got used to the english name and he is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. He will run at defenders, has confidence, can show quick bursts of pace, BUT the one part of his game that i think needs to improve is the fact that sometimes a gentle gust of wind catches him and he falls down like a lead balloon. I know that he does get fouled a lot but i think that at other times he goes looking for a free kick.

Stay on your feet man!!!

That was a cracking volley he hit, albeit straight at the keeper.

He's still very inconsistent with his passing and crossing but the number that hit the mark are definitely more common these days.

Guest Phil K

He's embarrassing at times.

how come?

edit: oh you mean going down

Is he any worse than plenty of others ?

And not just foreigners either

Because rival fans think so doesn't mean we have to follow them

Is he any worse than plenty of others ?

And not just foreigners either

Because rival fans think so doesn't mean we have to follow them

It's hardly bowing to some form of peer pressure to say that he goes down way too easily. That others do it is no excuse and anyway yes, he probably is worse than most (in this division anyway).

That was a cracking volley he hit, albeit straight at the keeper.

He's still very inconsistent with his passing and crossing but the number that hit the mark are definitely more common these days.

He's definitely getting better at striking the ball, both on passes and crosses.

There'll always be dodgy moments from him, he runs around so much that often he's hitting a pass when off balance, in very little space or knackered from a 40-yard run.

He played well second half on Saturday but he really frustrated me for most of the game. I don't know if he was instructed to wander because of their formation, but he was anywhere but left wing practically all of the first half and for chunks of the second, even before Routledge had gone over to the other side.

It was really frustrating as Enrique had nowhere to pass the ball unless Jonas passed him the ball from the centre and then ran out wide in front of him, which seemed pointless. He was just giving himself an extra 20 yards to run before being in his usual position.

He did well for his goal and tried to take the game by the scruff at the end though.

Where do i start with Jonas . . . .

All last season I was very dubious about him but I think that he has now got used to the english name and he is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. He will run at defenders, has confidence, can show quick bursts of pace, BUT the one part of his game that i think needs to improve is the fact that sometimes a gentle gust of wind catches him and he falls down like a lead balloon. I know that he does get fouled a lot but i think that at other times he goes looking for a free kick.

Stay on your feet man!!!

Thats the way it is. His job is to get the ball into areas that can hurt the opposition, but if he's losing the ball or going down a blind alley he'll try and get a free kick so that Guthrie or someone can put some pressure on instead. I don't like some of the stunts he pulls to get a free kick but he's just doing his job.......it's a cynical old game these days.

It's not nice to see but it is affective and although it's not his decision to make, he does (more often than not) tend to go down when he thinks he should get a free kick. He doesn't really go down from no contact whatsoever. He's just very theatrical when there is contact.

Guest toonlass

Moreso tbh.

Jonas doesn't half make me laugh with his diving though.

He should be wearing flippers, goggles and a snorkle at times