Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest Phil K

People will never learn ,Wright-Phillips is the exact player we SHOULD NOT sign!Picks up niggly injurys,inconsitent,overpriced,only would be coming here for one thing...cash!Which he wouldnt get half what he wants,so pointless even talking about him.We have being stung many times before..see Duff,Owen....

Correct. Rather a new eager young recruit than an overpaid hasbeen that spends more time on his mobile phone than training.

• 3 weeks later...

Jonas forgot to pack his clothes for South Africa :lol:

It seems that Jonas must have football on the brain these days, because when he arrived in South Africa, and opened his suitcase he found out he hadn’t packed any ordinary clothes – just presumably his football clothes from Argentina.

Newcastle’s Argentina winger  said:

“I only took my Argentina gear. I thought I was not going to need more than that.”

“My room-mate Martin Demichelis had to lend me some of his own clothes.”

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2010/06/10/argentinas-jonas-gutierrez-forgets-to-pack-clothes-for-trip-to/

It seems that Jonas must have football on the brain these days, because when he arrived in South Africa, and opened his suitcase he found out he hadn’t packed any ordinary clothes – just presumably his football clothes from Argentina.

“I only took my Argentina gear. I thought I was not going to need more than that.”

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2010/06/10/argentinas-jonas-gutierrez-forgets-to-pack-clothes-for-trip-to/

:smitten: :lol:

:mackems:

Can anyone fathom why he was started at right back ?

last 10 mins he was switched to his normal position.

NIgeria showed their incompetance by not exploiting his weaknesses, ie his lack of being a defender!

mesi is papering over the cracks in argies tactics......canny wallpaper tho!

Come on, he's hardly good enough to play on the wing for Argentina. He's done it before but they have an absolute wealth of talent in that area now and Jonas is no more than an average to good attacker.

well why is he in the side then?  why play him in a position he is seemingly useless at? did he play at right back in spain, because he looked really clueless at it vs nigeria!

maybe he is maradonas future son-in-law ?  keep in with the rellys eh!

well why is he in the side then?  why play him in a position he is seemingly useless at? did he play at right back in spain, because he looked really clueless at it vs nigeria!

maybe he is maradonas future son-in-law ?  keep in with the rellys eh!

Sergio Aguero has already taken a claim to that place...

Can anyone fathom why he was started at right back ?

last 10 mins he was switched to his normal position.

NIgeria showed their incompetance by not exploiting his weaknesses, ie his lack of being a defender!

mesi is papering over the cracks in argies tactics......canny wallpaper tho!

Let's just say the man is a mystery wrapped in puzzle. He is a poet and a warrior, he bides his time on football pitches, but the day will come when he will strike but it will almost certainly go over the bar.

Moving to the left side of the midfield with Di Maria losing his place in the side for the Korea match apparently. Burdisso shoehorned into right-back.

Come on Diego, why can't you make ridiculous tactical choices against us too.

Jonas ahead of Di Maria? :lol:

On the verge of dropping Messi for Martin Palermo no doubt.

You sound surprised. He's gone on record as saying his team is Jonas, Messi, Mascherano and any 8 others.

You sound surprised. He's gone on record as saying his team is Jonas, Messi, Mascherano and any 8 others.

I love Maradona's faith in Jonas it gives Jonas a great deal of confidence...

I love Maradona's faith in Jonas it gives Jonas a great deal of confidence...

Which usually results in us losing the ball or an 80 year old fella in Row PP getting his glasses smashed and spilling Bovril.

Its the same team as the one that played Nigeria in the last 5-10 minutes, which did look a bit more balanced than what they started with. Di Maria did himself no favours with that performance against Nigeria, too.