Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

He was fucking shite again today, make no excuses.

Nah he charged through them all the time, had them scared shitless. End product was again poor, but every attack we made went through him. Deserves a lot of credit.

We'd be a worse side without Jonas. If we've got him and Enrique attacking down that wing all season i'll be very happy.

He's never gonna score many goals but someone in the match thread put it superbly. He's the most effective ineffective player ever; which is just so spot on. What he brings to our side is invaluable.

Jonas wasn't that bad today IMO, albeit offering little/no end product again as usual.

It didn't help that Barton being on the right was a complete waste of time - we were visibly avoiding getting the ball to him, so virtually everything went through Jonas instead. We should have used LuaLua and put Barton in the centre instead of Mr Invisible (Nolan).

Still, who gives a fuck when we win 3-0.

Guest Heneage

Lua Lua looked pish when he came on. Far rather put Taylor up there. We need two wide men though otherwise it becomes way to obvious where the ball will go when we look to play wide. We clearly are playing nice stuff and need to keep the pitch as wide as possible.

His running will be important, and his energy is good when we play Nolan who lacks it. We still need bodies though, as I don't like seeing Donaldson and Lua Lua on the bench. the talk of Dos Santos pleases me as he could really solve this problem for us.

Lua Lua looked pish when he came on. Far rather put Taylor up there. We need two wide men though otherwise it becomes way to obvious where the ball will go when we look to play wide. We clearly are playing nice stuff and need to keep the pitch as wide as possible.

His running will be important, and his energy is good when we play Nolan who lacks it. We still need bodies though, as I don't like seeing Donaldson and Lua Lua on the bench. the talk of Dos Santos pleases me as he could really solve this problem for us.

i've a feeling simpson will start at right back and ryan taylor will go wide right on weds.

If Jonas goes that's literally us totally over and done with when it comes to pace. Enrique's our quickest after him, but then, it's Jonas that often provides the chance for him to show that.

If Jonas goes that's literally us totally over and done with when it comes to pace. Enrique's our quickest after him, but then, it's Jonas that often provides the chance for him to show that.

But what good is pace when every time you get the ball you stop and pull it back to someone who has a footballing brain?

If he goes he'll not be a loss.

But what good is pace when every time you get the ball you stop and pull it back to someone who has a footballing brain?

If you can't see what Jonas brings to the team then you're fucking blind. Who'd you play there instead of him, then?

Do you do anything other than fucking whine and whinge all the time?

Jesus Christ, chin up mate - it's not the end of the fucking world.  :lol:

If you can't see what Jonas brings to the team then you're fucking blind. Who'd you play there instead of him, then?

Geremi. His legs have gone but he can cross a ball which would be much more desirable considering the two lads we have up front.

I was one of the biggest JG fan boys going after his first few matches but the novelty has worn off. He has pace but much like Martins he does fuck all with it. He can't cross, pass, shoot, stay on his feet in a strong breeze etc.

The last time I saw someone with so little control over his limbs he was wearing fucking calipers.

You're insane. By the time Jonas turns back the opposition has moved about 40 yards back the pitch...what good is that ?? Well it means our slower players arent under as much pressure, so if and when they do get the ball they've more time to knock it about & pick out a decent pass & actually create an attacking move. When hes not doing that, he's linking up with Enrique...you know...kinda how the first goal happened.

Then you have the fact that we're keeping the opposition under pressure, making them run for the ball...establishing confidence in our side that we're more of a dominant team than the opposition. Or theres the whole not being on the defence thing as we're managing to keep the ball in their half and not lose it in our own as often happens leading to goals.

I dont know, seems to be theres a shitload of benefits of having a player like Jonas to me personally.

Geremi. His legs have gone but he can cross a ball which would be much more desirable considering the two lads we have up front.

I was one of the biggest JG fan boys going after his first few matches but the novelty has worn off. He has pace but much like Martins he does fuck all with it. He can't cross, pass, shoot, stay on his feet in a strong breeze etc.

The last time I saw someone with so little control over his limbs he was wearing fucking calipers.

I'd rather have Martins right now than not tbf, whether he does much with his pace or not, he scares defences with it, creating chances for other people. Same with Jonas imo.