Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Does anyone else get the feeling that just the fact that Ashley has begged Keegan to come back mean that we've got fuck else in line to replace him? Smacks of desperation from Ashley, IMO.

That's the worrying thing about all this, aye. If we've spent all this time thinking about getting KK back then we've probably not been chasing others. Rubbish.

i don't think people who were desperate for Keegan to be coming back 4 hours ago can criticise them for that to be fair.

I don't see the problem with it tbh. I was always sceptical but if they'd have made it work then great. The fact is they haven't, so not great.

And there speaks a sterotypical football fan ;)

It was win or bust for Ashley tonight, I said that earlier. There was no way he would come out of this looking good if KK didn't return.

As things stand they've tried again and failed. In which case you have to question their reasoning for going back.

Does anyone else get the feeling that just the fact that Ashley has begged Keegan to come back mean that we've got fuck else in line to replace him? Smacks of desperation from Ashley, IMO.

No, I get the feeling that we have tried really hard to keep Keegan on board because he's important to the fans. If he wants to control buying and selling though he should probably buy the club out.

That's the worrying thing about all this, aye. If we've spent all this time thinking about getting KK back then we've probably not been chasing others. Rubbish.

i don't think people who were desperate for Keegan to be coming back 4 hours ago can criticise them for that to be fair.

I don't see the problem with it tbh. I was always sceptical but if they'd have made it work then great. The fact is they haven't, so not great.

It was win or bust for Ashley tonight, I said that earlier. There was no way he would come out of this looking good if KK didn't return.

As things stand they've tried again and failed. In which case you have to question their reasoning for going back.

I think that's incredibly narrow minded of you Dave, to be perfectly honest.

If they thought at lunch time they had a chance of getting him back & turned that opportunity down, and it subsequently got leaked to the press that they'd turned down the chance to do it, what would you have thought of them then?

Guest northwestmag1892

Publicity stunt by Keegan. Don't fall for it. Boo the fucker to death tomorrow.

You forgot to type anything.   ???

I didn't.  I just changed a name & removed some words ;)

Why?

Cos O0

Ah OK. Thanks for that explanation. I appreciate your value add to this thread. FI.

No, I get the feeling that we have tried really hard to keep Keegan on board because he's important to the fans. If he wants to control buying and selling though he should probably buy the club out.

What has Ashley done which could be classed as trying really hard?  He couldn't even prize his arse away from London never mind make concessions.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Bullshit. Who has the most to gain from from tonights revelations?

Deflated, confused, worn out, bemused, disappointed, shocked, stunned, angry and resigned. Had enough of all those emotions to last me a lifetime this past week. It's saturday. Only thing that matters is 3 points in the bag.

I think that's incredibly narrow minded of you Dave, to be perfectly honest.

If they thought at lunch time they had a chance of getting him back & turned that opportunity down, and it subsequently got leaked to the press that they'd turned down the chance to do it, what would you have thought of them then?

It's been eight days since he resigned. If they left it this long before going back to him I'd have expected them to have some serious fucking changes to be proposed, to the degree at which Keegan would say yes.

If they wanted him back after all this time, they HAD to seriously compromise. They've obviously not compromised enough. As things stand, he's said no, and we're all left looking stupid again. Not to mention the time wasted not looking for someone else.

Put simply, to wait all this time and still not find an agreement is unacceptable. I'd have loved Keegan back, but I'd have preferred not to bother trying unless it was nailed on. I know that sounds harsh but it's my honest opinion.

We now need to move forward, and it looks to me like we've wasted eight days.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Who do you think has lost the most from how its turned out?

The same person who had most to gain.

Guest northwestmag1892

Liam O - Mr Devil's Advocate. What value add...

To be fair, he's entitled to his own opinion just like everybody else.

I agree. I was merely highlighting my opinion in that he offers no value add :)

Guest marky555

Unbelievable the way we are treated as fans. Like absolute utter pieces of shit. Its every fucking day there's something spewed up for every cunt to have a laugh at us about.

It's been eight days since he resigned. If they left it this long before going back to him I'd have expected them to have some serious fucking changes to be proposed, to the degree at which Keegan would say yes.

If they wanted him back after all this time, they HAD to seriously compromise. They've obviously not compromised enough. As things stand, he's said no, and we're all left looking stupid again. Not to mention the time wasted not looking for someone else.

Put simply, to wait all this time and still not find an agreement is unacceptable. I'd have loved Keegan back, but I'd have preferred not to bother trying unless it was nailed on. I know that sounds harsh but it's my honest opinion.

I think there was a lot to be said for giving Keegan time to calm down tbh.

They can take all the time they want if it means getting the right man in.  I'd be amazed if they haven't started looking yet though. 

One thing you can say though from experience is they'll not let anything out of the bag until its well and truly sealed.  You can't criticise them for that way of doing things, having praised it in a thread you started yourself a few months ago.

Who do you think has lost the most from how its turned out?

The same person who had most to gain.

Precisely. So how can that be a criticism of him?

Guest northwestmag1892

I agree. I was merely highlighting my opinion in that he offers no value add :)

I think he does add value and helps create a debate.

Yes of course he does hence what we're doing now :)

They can take all the time they want if it means getting the right man in.  I'd be amazed if they haven't started looking yet though. 

One thing you can say though from experience is they'll not let anything out of the bag until its well and truly sealed.  You can't criticise them for that way of doing things, having praised it in a thread you started yourself a few months ago.

There's a difference between not commenting on incomplete transfers and not letting the fans know what's going on with regards to our manager, a man they surely know we all adore.

Take your point on letting KK calm down and think about it, I just see this as another gamble that's not paid off.

Do you think Keegan is right going by everything which was said until last week, by that I mean is he right if they have recently changed how he works?