Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Been away for 24 hours, came back and saw the thread title, couldnt help but think it was a week late.

Would any other club ever deal with a situation like this, starting to get a tad tedious.

This is an embarassment, no manager is bigger than the club. If Keegan resigns for whatever reason, then that's his call. He might have been treated unfairly or unjustly, but the fact remains that HE resigned instead of continuing on to negotiate the structure. Ashley should just focus on getting a decent manager in who can start working with the players immediately instead of entering long protracted negotiations with Keegan. The faster we get a new manager in, the better it will be for the club.

To say that only Keegan can bring success to this team is laughable and an insult to great managers like SBR. Keegan might be the manager whom the fans have the greatest emotional attachment with but there are quite a handful of better managers around.

Rumour and gossip are fucking ruining us

You might have though our wonderfully communicative owner and board of directors would have come out today and put this matter to bed. More talks or no more talks. Just close the matter.

Still. Some people love the silent treatment.

As I mentioned in the Hull thread, if he comes back into that exact set-up, I'll have lost all respect I've ever had for Keegan. If he comes back and Wise, etc. leave, then great, he wasn't happy, made a stand, Ashley backed down and Keegan won.

But if Keegan comes in with the same people above him clearly knowing this, then for him to spit his dummy out for two weeks and just expect to walk back in as if nowt's happened, he can f*ck right off.

I sincerely hope that we won't hire KK again.  Ashley.co get fucked up, ok,things done and gone, now either sell to a new owner to start over again, or try your best to find a top class manager and back him "reasonably" this time.  I want the KK nightmare ends, forever.

As I mentioned in the Hull thread, if he comes back into that exact set-up, I'll have lost all respect I've ever had for Keegan. If he comes back and Wise, etc. leave, then great, he wasn't happy, made a stand, Ashley backed down and Keegan won.

But if Keegan comes in with the same people above him clearly knowing this, then for him to spit his dummy out for two weeks and just expect to walk back in as if nowt's happened, he can f*ck right off.

Agreed.

Both Ashley and Keegan take the blame for what happend today, and for whats going to happen, two stubborn assholes who aren't compromising for the clubs sake, really both of them should be ashamed of this.

+ Wise et al.... its every single one of them combined. No one escapes blame for this.

Both Ashley and Keegan take the blame for what happend today, and for whats going to happen, two stubborn assholes who aren't compromising for the clubs sake, really both of them should be ashamed of this.

+ Wise et al.... its every single one of them combined. No one escapes blame for this.

screw you... what have i done.

screw you... what have i done.

It's all your fault. It's that extra "o" in "Toon" that sent Keegan over the edge. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Keegan resigned because he couldnt work within that set up (when it COMPLETELY broke).  So he resigned, the right thing to do, so the club could then appoint a manager who would work within that set-up.

He isn't stopping the club to move on is he?  He has no say in how the club is run anymore, Ashley can do whatever the fuck he wants.  It has nothing to do with Keegan.  Keegan did what was best for the club, and resigned because he knew he wasn't the right man.