Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Am I the only one who'd like to see some direct Keegan quotes? He's been gone for two weeks now, and all we've heard from his side is a couple of statements made by the LMA.

Yup me too but I think someone said awhile ago that when he left back in 97, he didnt say anything to the press then either.

Am I the only one who'd like to see some direct Keegan quotes? He's been gone for two weeks now, and all we've heard from his side is a couple of statements made by the LMA.

Well at least we know he's talking to his solicitors.

I am sure all parties are

I am sure all parties are

Ashley just released a 1600 word personal statement, I think there is a difference.

That's my point. Ashley's (finally) said what he thinks, was trying to do, etc.

Would just be nice for Keegan to address the fans who've backed him the last couple of weeks, even though they've not had the full picture, himself.

He probably isnt in a position where he can.  He probably cant say anything until him and the club are settled.

Also on addressing the fans who has supported him - anything he says could just inflame the situation.  We will hear his story one day, just when everything settles down.

the difference between Keegan and Ashley is that, at this present moment in time, one has no formal association with the club and the other owns it. that's why there's different obligations or pressures for one to come out and communicate, but not for the other. keegan is a private individual so he could only be speaking for himself and it is probably best that he keeps his personal opinions quiet for the time being so as not to further enflame passions or complicate a delicate legal situation. that's why he is speaking via his union as many others would in his situation. ashley on the other hand owns the club we support and we're ultimately interested in what happens to that, not a private individual.