"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

Yet another master of irony. :lol:

It's not ironic you clever man.

How is it not ironic that you criticise something by doing the exact same thing?

The people who are criticising the people with the banner are just as entitled to their opinion as the people holding the banner are to theirs, the only difference is that they've chosen to express their opinion in a way that doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch and contribute to them throwing three points away at home to Hull.

That's what they're being criticised for, when they did it, not what they did. If they'd have done it at half time I doubt anyone would have slated them at all. Like I said before, what was the actual reason for them doing it whilst the game was going on, rather than either before, at half time, or afterwards?

To get maximum impact, perhaps?

What is it exactly that causes you so much offence? If you were there, you'd have seen that what was going on on the pitch wasn't going to be affected by a trio of lads with a banner, parading around the ground...but instead, having nothing more than press reports to go on, you're slating these guys for the inappropriate timing (?!) of their protest?

You've got to be shitting us. Seriously.

Maximum impact upon what? Like I've said before do you think it wouldn't have been shown on TV if they'd done it during half time? To quote some bloke: "You've got to be shitting us. Seriously."

I watched the game and could quite clearly see that it was having an effect upon the players, this is one instance where being at the ground might well have you at a disadvantage to those watching at home as you were possibly distracted from what was happening on the pitch, same as the players were. When you have no choice but to watch what's going on the pitch because that's the only option you've got because that's what's on the screen then you're more likely to notice if something's distracting the players than your are if you're being distracted by the same thing.

Fine, I'll take all my opinions from MOTD, who reckon the ground was half empty, I'll ignore the evidence my eyes tell me, the TV knows all.

Perhaps all games should be played behind closed doors, we'll just be fed by Sky and Setanta, whatever they want to show us.

How is it not ironic that you criticise something by doing the exact same thing?

The people who are criticising the people with the banner are just as entitled to their opinion as the people holding the banner are to theirs, the only difference is that they've chosen to express their opinion in a way that doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch and contribute to them throwing three points away at home to Hull.

That's what they're being criticised for, when they did it, not what they did. If they'd have done it at half time I doubt anyone would have slated them at all. Like I said before, what was the actual reason for them doing it whilst the game was going on, rather than either before, at half time, or afterwards?

If anybody thinks anything which happened in the crowd contributed to us throwing away 3 points then they are potentially nuts.

Are you saying that the crowd has no effect on what happens on the pitch? You might want to let FIFA and UEFA know as they class away goals as more valuable than home ones. Perhaps we should play all our home games at the Emirates, their pitch is better than ours, or even the Stadium of Light maybe. :dontknow:

It definitely had an effect upon the team, whether we'd have won without it I have no idea, but it certainly didn't help.

if anything the atmosphere picked up because of the banner, got people off their seats and making a bit of noise. the team certainly looked better after it than they did before.

They looked pretty fucking shit during it, which is my point. The crowd only seemed to pick up after the goal and so did the team, funny that.

Maximum impact upon what? Like I've said before do you think it wouldn't have been shown on TV if they'd done it during half time? To quote some bloke: "You've got to be shitting us. Seriously."

I watched the game and could quite clearly see that it was having an effect upon the players, this is one instance where being at the ground might well have you at a disadvantage to those watching at home as you were possibly distracted from what was happening on the pitch, same as the players were. When you have no choice but to watch what's going on the pitch because that's the only option you've got because that's what's on the screen then you're more likely to notice if something's distracting the players than your are if you're being distracted by the same thing.

Were the players watching the crowd for the 5 minutes after they'd sat down just incase they were going to get up again?

Yes, that's why I said in my post that it is your prerogative if you don't want to protest. But to call those who do "attention seekers" is completely unfair. They have their beliefs too. Whilst they protest against the club's management you protest against them. That's the difference. They're not complaining about you not protesting.  ;D But I agree with you on the right and wrong time to do it. But to blame them for (or even suggest) the defeat is way off IMHO.

I didn't protest myself but I have no reason to call them sad for doing what they believe in.

I wouldn't even start to say anyone doesn't have a right to have an opinion but to make generalizations about a large group based on a few fools is not fair and is out of order.

And to pull the "ironic" crap when someone points out you're being unfair is cheap and a way to give yourself license to slag of your fellow fans. It's not irony.

This is Newcastle United and over the past two seasons there has been more bickering between fans than anything else and all I'm doing is trying to say "show some respect".

I think you'll find that plenty have complained about people not protesting.

I didn't claim the defeat was down to them, I said that their actions didn't help. If you agree about their timing being inappropriate then you must have a reason for thinking it inappropriate if it's not because it affected the players then what is it?

I didn't call them sad for doing what they believed in I criticised them for doing it at the time that they did.

I didn't make any generalisations I only criticised the people holding the banner.

Yes, me criticising you for the way you made your point was a bit cheep - sorry for that - but it was ironic.

Totally agree with the last sentence, but it works both ways and I don't see that much respect coming from the Keegan supporters to anyone who doesn't totally agree with them.

Fine, I'll take all my opinions from MOTD, who reckon the ground was half empty, I'll ignore the evidence my eyes tell me, the TV knows all.

Perhaps all games should be played behind closed doors, we'll just be fed by Sky and Setanta, whatever they want to show us.

Well apparently the crowd has no affect on what goes on on the pitch, so maybe we should. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's why I said in my post that it is your prerogative if you don't want to protest. But to call those who do "attention seekers" is completely unfair. They have their beliefs too. Whilst they protest against the club's management you protest against them. That's the difference. They're not complaining about you not protesting.  ;D But I agree with you on the right and wrong time to do it. But to blame them for (or even suggest) the defeat is way off IMHO.

I didn't protest myself but I have no reason to call them sad for doing what they believe in.

I wouldn't even start to say anyone doesn't have a right to have an opinion but to make generalizations about a large group based on a few fools is not fair and is out of order.

And to pull the "ironic" crap when someone points out you're being unfair is cheap and a way to give yourself license to slag of your fellow fans. It's not irony.

This is Newcastle United and over the past two seasons there has been more bickering between fans than anything else and all I'm doing is trying to say "show some respect".

I think you'll find that plenty have complained about people not protesting.

Who? I want names.

Just like to say well played to anyone who took part in the peaceful protests, yesterday. Uptmost respect from me.

Nice, some positivity.

I didn't bother mind, I just stayed in the pub then went to the game, I just agree with you generally.

Supporting what team ? There is NO TEAM...THERE IS ONLY A FU*CKED UP CLUB. I want to vomit on the whole thing...

that little crest on the shirt, no...not the addidas one, is what I think we should be supporting, particularly during the 90minutes of competition

Some people care more about the behind the scenes business than they do about what happens on the pitch.

Some people don't care about what is happening to the club from the inside and outside...How it's being ripped apart...And if you don't protest there is not chance something will change...

Well apparently the crowd has no affect on what goes on on the pitch, so maybe we should. :rolleyes:

Or maybe we should pay no attention to you.

why? oh why?

Telling people on national radio to boycott the club, before saying "the whole country is laughing at us" - I wonder why?  :rolleyes:

You got back from the match fucking quick.

Obviously not as I was listening to it on the radio, hence this thread about the "cockney mafia trio" being on national radio.

why? oh why?

Telling people on national radio to boycott the club, before saying "the whole country is laughing at us" - I wonder why?  :rolleyes:

Obviously not as I was listening to it on the radio, hence this thread about the "cockney mafia trio" being on national radio.

Yeah, it's all about the radio crowd, Radio 5 was it? BBC? The BBC which claimed the ground was half empty on MOTD earlier?

You're a joke.

why? oh why?

Yeah, it's all about the radio crowd, Radio 5 was it? BBC? The BBC which claimed the ground was half empty on MOTD earlier?

You're a joke.

I don't really think you understand what you're talking about, the BBC weren't the ones putting the words into Keith Barrett's mouth.

why? oh why?

You're a joke.

I don't really think you understand what you're talking about, the BBC weren't the ones putting the words into Keith Barrett's mouth.

That's right, I wouldn't understand as I wasn't listening to the radio.

why? oh why?

You're a joke.

Oh, sorry, you're still harping on about the fact I wasn't at today's game therefore I couldn't possibly comment on the atrocious and cringeworthy behaviour of some people who claim to be fellow Newcastle United fans.

At least it wasn't you, eh? O0

why? oh why?

You're a joke.

Oh, sorry, you're still harping on about the fact I wasn't at today's game therefore I couldn't possibly comment on the atrocious and cringeworthy behaviour of some people who claim to be fellow Newcastle United fans.

At least it wasn't you, eh? O0

You're a bad joke with no punchline.

Difficult to comment on this.........

1. The "cockney Mafia out" is ridiculous. "Ashey and Wise out" would have been far better.

2. At least they realise what is wrong, unlike some people on this forum, which is hugely embarrassing. The Irony being that those in quesion also lack the intelligence to realise who we are talking about.

Just finished watching that on Football First, given the press that it will get, so fucking embarrassing.

I'm embarrassed for you.

You shouldn't be, seeing as how you've not got much self-respect in the first place