"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

Not wanting to be picky or anything but there is a photo on Getty that clearly some people not clapping on this photo. Some even appear to have their arms folded.

mmm, and a photo is a snapshot yes? so they couldnt have started to clap after the4 photo or even had already clapped before hand???

not wanting to be picky :snod:

Assuming you mean clapping in the present tense rather than clapped in the past tense and it takes maybe a second to do a 'clap' i reckon, so either 'everyone' was clapping at the same time or maybe not 'everyone' was clapping at all.

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

he's from barnham on the edge of london and lived and worked in london for most his adult life. like saying someone from hexham who has lived and worked in newcastle extensively is a geordie - not really a stretch is it?

anyway i'd imagine the point is more to do with us being ran from London rather than from up here.

More to do with their unconditional love for Keegan, who can apparently do no wrong.

rubbish. the people who like keegan know he is flawed.

not sure what that's got to do with my post tho  :lol:

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

he's from barnham on the edge of london and lived and worked in london for most his adult life. like saying someone from hexham who has lived and worked in newcastle extensively is a geordie - not really a stretch is it?

anyway i'd imagine the point is more to do with us being ran from London rather than from up here.

More to do with their unconditional love for Keegan, who can apparently do no wrong.

Maybe if you lived in Newcastle & saw how as player & as a manager he lifted not just the team, club but the city you would have an idea why people have such faith in him.

It's true that, on the Tuesday the news broke Keegan had been "sacked" the entire City was dissapointed, you could tell something was up just walking around.

Was idiotic and pathetic. The team needed support at the start of the 2nd half not a stupid protest that could have been done before or after the game.

Nail .... on ... the ... head  :clap:

ok, I'll agree to disagree, but the majority of people at the match today agreed with the message that banner sent out, but seriously if you think that was all that cost us the game then you guys are living in a dream world.

the past few weeks of turmoil are what cost us, as well as an inept display by most of the players out there (you could argue that also was justifiable)

I doubt anyone thinks the banner cost us the match, but it certainly didn't help. The team who were already playing poorly, but were only 1-0 down due to a poor refereeing decision clearly needed all the support the fans could give them if we were going to get anything out of this game, they didn't get it. Whilst the banner was being paraded around the ground the crowd was distracted and so were the team, Hull totally dominated us whilst it was going on and scored their second goal, once the whole thing had died down we started to play much better football scored and came close on a couple of occasions. So for me, what was going on in the stands during that period of the game clearly had some influence on what happened on the pitch. Was it THE reason we lost? No, but it was one of many, and one that shouldn't have happened.

The reason I say it shouldn't have happened is because it was a pointless gesture and had much more to do with the egos of the blokes carrying it around than anything else. What were they hoping to achieve other than getting themselves on the tv?

Is there anyone in the entire country who is not aware that the majority of NUFC fans are unhappy with what's happened and blame the board for that? No.

Are the board unaware that the majority of fans blame them for what's happened? No.

If they'd have paraded the banner around at half time would nobody have seen it and would it not have been shown on tv? No.

Is it in the interests of NUFC for the players to be distracted at the start of the second half of a game against a team we should really be beating, but aren't because the team is already playing poorly? No.

Were the banner carriers lapping up all the attention they were getting and enjoying being the centre of attention? Yes, probably.

Were they thinking about whether they were acting in the interests of the club? No, probably not.

Is that sad? Yes, very.

When are people going to stop acting in their own interests and start acting in the interests of the club? There's way too many people looking to stroke their own egos at the moment to the detriment of NUFC. It's a very sad state of affairs.

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

I don't think the majority of the fans have that much of a problem with the fact that the may be ran from London, but now they're using that fact against the board because of what's been going on with KK. Some people just need to something/someone to blame (irony overload, I know).

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

Maybe if you lived in Newcastle & saw how as player & as a manager he lifted not just the team, club but the city you would have an idea why people have such faith in him.

It's true that, on the Tuesday the news broke Keegan had been "sacked" the entire City was dissapointed, you could tell something was up just walking around.

When Sam left at my work place it was only the football fans talking about it but when Kev went AWOL & then left birds AKA Women at work are asking me for an update & then telling me how upset they are & Wise should leave club!!

Was idiotic and pathetic. The team needed support at the start of the 2nd half not a stupid protest that could have been done before or after the game.

Nail .... on ... the ... head  :clap:

ok, I'll agree to disagree, but the majority of people at the match today agreed with the message that banner sent out, but seriously if you think that was all that cost us the game then you guys are living in a dream world.

the past few weeks of turmoil are what cost us, as well as an inept display by most of the players out there (you could argue that also was justifiable)

I doubt anyone thinks the banner cost us the match, but it certainly didn't help. The team who were already playing poorly, but were only 1-0 down due to a poor refereeing decision clearly needed all the support the fans could give them if we were going to get anything out of this game, they didn't get it. Whilst the banner was being paraded around the ground the crowd was distracted and so were the team, Hull totally dominated us whilst it was going on and scored their second goal, once the whole thing had died down we started to play much better football scored and came close on a couple of occasions. So for me, what was going on in the stands during that period of the game clearly had some influence on what happened on the pitch. Was it THE reason we lost? No, but it was one of many, and one that shouldn't have happened.

The reason I say it shouldn't have happened is because it was a pointless gesture and had much more to do with the egos of the blokes carrying it around than anything else. What were they hoping to achieve other than getting themselves on the tv?

Is there anyone in the entire country who is not aware that the majority of NUFC fans are unhappy with what's happened and blame the board for that? No.

Are the board unaware that the majority of fans blame them for what's happened? No.

If they'd have paraded the banner around at half time would nobody have seen it and would it not have been shown on tv? No.

Is it in the interests of NUFC for the players to be distracted at the start of the second half of a game against a team we should really be beating, but aren't because the team is already playing poorly? No.

Were the banner carriers lapping up all the attention they were getting and enjoying being the centre of attention? Yes, probably.

Were they thinking about whether they were acting in the interests of the club? No, probably not.

Is that sad? Yes, very.

When are people going to stop acting in their own interests and start acting in the interests of the club? There's way too many people looking to stroke their own egos at the moment to the detriment of NUFC. It's a very sad state of affairs.

:thup:

You've said what I've been trying to say, but just much better.

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

I don't think the majority of the fans have that much of a problem with the fact that the may be ran from London, but now they're using that fact against the board because of what's been going on with KK. Some people just need to something/someone to blame (irony overload, I know).

People were pissed off with Dougie Hall & Newcastle Uniteds Giberaltor operation a few years back. But you are nearly correct the owner is not so much of a problem but maybe the MD or DOF should be operating out of SJP.

"Cockney Mafia Out" for fucks sake, what shit craic.

I suppose i wouldnt of minded if the banner meant something or had decent point to it and echoed the view of a lot of people in a dignified manner but it did nothing but make the geordie people look like dickheads.

The aniti nufc southern media will be feasting of that for a long while, isnt gonna do us any favours whatsoever.

"Cockney Mafia"  :nope:

Fucking hell.

Was listening to it on the radio, and the crowd were clapping loudly on that for quite a while towards the banner (or so the commentary were suggesting) only stopping when apparently they banner wasn't passed through the boxes and people started groaning.

I cannot say whether or not it had an effect on the team, fact is, its a pretty weak lame and childish excuse to blame people with a banner compared to the useless cunts on the pitch not putting their shift in for their phenomenal wages and the twats who've let us down big time over the last week or so, KK included.

Lets not blame the fans on this one, they are reacting to a terrible week how they see fit, and from the result and the past week their reaction has been dignified, civilised and warranted at the least compared to the utter humiliation, disrespect and torture they've gone through by those who are paid to know and do a lot better.

Still don't see the point, regardless of the background, to walk round during the game. How about walking round with a banner that had said "WE are Newcastle United". Think that makes the same point but with a positive slant and give no ammo to the 'cockney' media.

so if we walk round with a banner saying "newcastle are great", we'd win every week?

I'm not sure if "illogical" really fits the bill for that statement.

Watched a twat of a steward go get 2 coppers to flank him while he took down an anti-wise banner.  Didn't see many banners stuck up apart from that one, although I only got in the ground for kick off.  Were they confiscating them?

Didn't go and have a look at any of the protests, but my mate's a sports photographer and goes around the country taking photos of footy matches for the press.  He wasn't even stationed inside the ground for today though, his boss put him outside to try and catch anything kicking off  :undecided:  I'm sure I'll hear from him if anything went on, going for a pint with him in a bit seeing as he's up here for the weekend on work.

The start of the second half was a chance for everyone to get behind the team again, not a chance for you idiots to get yourselves on tv.

That directly contributed to the slow start we made to the second half.

Cheers lads

Getting behind the team? Every fucker sitting down in silence is hardly getting behind the team, is it?

Watched a t*** of a steward go get 2 coppers to flank him while he took down an anti-wise banner.  Didn't see many banners around apart from that one, although I only got in the ground for kick off.  Were they confiscating them?

Didn't go and have a look at any of the protests, but my mate's a sports photographer and goes around the country taking photos of footy matches for the press.  He wasn't even stationed inside the ground for today though, his boss put him outside to try and catch anything kicking off  :undecided:  I'm sure I'll hear from him if anything went on, going for a pint with him in a bit seeing as he's up here for the weekend on work.

Nothing kicked off other than a peaceful verbal protest.

Still don't see the point, regardless of the background, to walk round during the game. How about walking round with a banner that had said "WE are Newcastle United". Think that makes the same point but with a positive slant and give no ammo to the 'cockney' media.

so if we walk round with a banner saying "newcastle are great", we'd win every week?

Errrr? I think you need to walk round with a banner saying "missing the point". Or just stay in. Forever.

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

If you're going to try and correct me at least spell it right. It's Burnham. I lived not too far away from there, I know people from there and they're certainly not cockney. He might do a lot of his work there but it still annoys me when people attack him for being a cockney when he isn't. The term cockney seems to have major negative connotations for some people.