"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

Difficult to comment on this.........

1. The "cockney Mafia out" is ridiculous. "Ashey and Wise out" would have been far better.

2. At least they realise what is wrong, unlike some people on this forum, which is hugely embarrassing. The Irony being that those in quesion also lack the intelligence to realise who we are talking about.

I'm not sure there's anyone who doesn't see the problems mate.

Oh, sorry, you're still harping on about the fact I wasn't at today's game therefore I couldn't possibly comment on the atrocious and cringeworthy behaviour of some people who claim to be fellow Newcastle United fans.

At least it wasn't you, eh? O0

You're a bad joke with no punchline.

It's almost as though if you say something vaguely witty that someone else once said to you, you can still score point against your fellow supporters.

Personally, I don't agree with protests taking place between 3pm and 4.45pm (give or take a few minutes) - I think the supporters should be supporting the team. Protests should be organised for before KO and after KO...but not when 11 black and white shirts are on the pitch trying to win 3 points.

As for this particular protest, I don't see any value in it, except for continuing to belittle the image of Newcastle and it's residents within the media, particularly on a national scale. We've be known for supporting our team through thick and thin, but to wander around the ground with this banner while the second half was kicking off....it just seems crass and ill-thought. Do you really expect our players to be robotic and not notice the crowd are distracted by something else?

I am in no way apportioning blame, for the defeat, on the guys taking the banner around. However, I feel they could have been a little wiser (!!) in choosing their words (mafia?!) and in the timing of their protest.

It's almost as though if you say something vaguely witty that someone else once said to you, you can still score point against your fellow supporters.

Personally, I don't agree with protests taking place between 3pm and 4.45pm (give or take a few minutes) - I think the supporters should be supporting the team. Protests should be organised for before KO and after KO...but not when 11 black and white shirts are on the pitch trying to win 3 points.

As for this particular protest, I don't see any value in it, except for continuing to belittle the image of Newcastle and it's residents within the media, particularly on a national scale. We've be known for supporting our team through thick and thin, but to wander around the ground with this banner while the second half was kicking off....it just seems crass and ill-thought. Do you really expect our players to be robotic and not notice the crowd are distracted by something else?

I am in no way apportioning blame, for the defeat, on the guys taking the banner around. However, I feel they could have been a little wiser (!!) in choosing their words (mafia?!) and in the timing of their protest.

I'm sure the use of Mafia was highlighting that they are all mates rather than anything more sinister and was meant for comic value rather than fact.

I'm sure the use of Mafia was highlighting that they are all mates rather than anything more sinister and was meant for comic value rather than fact.

Perhaps, but that's not how it'll be portrayed in the Sunday papers.

While I don't really care what the southern press think of us - afterall, they don't really know a lot about their own teams - my piss does boil when I overhear/read some of the moronic statements (thinking Stan Collymore and Steve McManaman atm) that come out of their mouths...got a feeling that SkySports journalist/breakfast program is going to be another toon-fest where those fat twats gorge themselves on lie after lie after untruth.

ARGH!

Just finished watching that on Football First, given the press that it will get, so fucking embarrassing.

I'm embarrassed for you.

Thank you. But I will manage on my own.

I appreciate that I didn't make it to game today, and Sky/BBC can edit things, but do you think that carrying banners slagging the "Cockney Mafia" does our club any favours. If we're fucked off with Ashley, he's from Buckinghamshire.

Fair enough, we've got a board who have proved themselves to have been remarkably incompenent, but its not because they were born closer to the Thames than we were, its because they are shit.

Supporting what team ? There is NO TEAM...THERE IS ONLY A FU*CKED UP CLUB. I want to vomit on the whole thing...

that little crest on the shirt, no...not the addidas one, is what I think we should be supporting, particularly during the 90minutes of competition

Agree 100%

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/82801695.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193F1A54CE2C4AF7C23E9F78FC6C0D0F41DE30A760B0D811297

:rolleyes:

not reading 10 pages of this but early last week i suggested a huge part of the vitriol and bad feeling around was down to regionalism

i was told i was wrong, again...!

I don't think it's down to regionalism at all, but it's just something that the people who dislike Ashley and co can use against them i.e. say 'they're not Geordies, they don't know what it's like'. If we were doing well, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

These things always pop up from time to time when things are going bad. When we were doing well under Allardyce, he was 'big sam', then when were shit, he was 'fat sam'...

I don't think it's down to regionalism at all, but it's just something that the people who dislike Ashley and co can use against them i.e. say 'they're not Geordies, they don't know what it's like'. If we were doing well, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

These things always pop up from time to time when things are going bad. When we were doing well under Allardyce, he was 'big sam', then when were shit, he was 'fat sam'...

oh come on, really...?  we know if ashley had spent 50m on players and KK was manager there would be no issue but are you seriously, seriously trying to tell me the HATE going about is not primarily based on regionalism?

just read the fucking banner man

I interpret it as shorthand for croneyism, but that wouldn't scan well on a banner.

he he

i know it's the easy out, like calling a black person you don't like a n***** or a fat person a "fat bastard", it's the lowest common denominator

however i still maintain the level of dislike and hatred for the people who own and run the club right now has a large element of regional bias to it, how anyone can tell me it doesn't is beyond me...

"record attendance at the city of manchester stadium...."

and SJP was half empty according to the BBC.

I trust we'll annoy them with emails for this shit.

Aye, they went really overboard with that. We were 2,100 down on capacity, with over 50,000 there. 96% full. Ooooh, so rubbish! :rolleyes:

There's no way there was over 50k in SJP yesterday.  I sit in the East Stand and I could plainly see swathes of empty seats in the Milburn which is the biggest stand in the ground.  They've inflated the figures.

"record attendance at the city of manchester stadium...."

and SJP was half empty according to the BBC.

I trust we'll annoy them with emails for this s***.

Aye, they went really overboard with that. We were 2,100 down on capacity, with over 50,000 there. 96% full. Ooooh, so rubbish! :rolleyes:

There's no way there was over 50k in SJP yesterday.  I sit in the East Stand and I could plainly see swathes of empty seats in the Milburn which is the biggest stand in the ground.  They've inflated the figures.

Do they just count ALL the season tickets (as they are pre-sold) as 'attending', then just add in tickets sold and away team tickets sold, to get the total?

Otherwise, I agree, the figure looks very wrong.