5th highest wage bill?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

Would have thought a fair bit would have been trimmed, though I have no clue what players like Geremi and Alan Smith are earning.

Surely we've dropped a couple places?

Guest optimistic nit

Really?

maybe 2 years ago

I reckon Villa, Pompey and Man City are very very close

Villa will be light years behind ours, pompey wont be paying much more than villa. citeh may have overtaken us, it depends how much their new signings are on. out intrest why do you think our wage bill will have gone down it 2 years bareing in mind all those additions to our first team and the only player we sold that was on serious wedge, dyer, was replaced by smith, on only 20K less.

Michael Owen - 100k

Shay Given, Jose Enrique, Claudio Cacapa, Joey Barton, Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff, Steve Harper, Charles N'Zogbia, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith, Geremi, Habib Beye, Nicky Butt, Steven Taylor, Collocini - 20-60k

Kazenga LuaLua, Andrew Carroll, David Edgar, Ben Tozer, Fraser Forster - 5-15k

That's at most £1m a week, £52m a year.

I'd bet our wages have dropped a decent amount after the last transfer window.  But certainly last time these kind of stats were released we had the 5th highest wages in the Premiership.  However it should also be remembered that in the same season we also had the 6th highest revenue in the league!..

I'd bet our wages have dropped a decent amount after the last transfer window.  But certainly last time these kind of stats were released we had the 5th highest wages in the Premiership.  However it should also be remembered that in the same season we also had the 6th highest revenue in the league!..

And the 14th highest revenue in europe...

Our revenue in 06/07 was £99m. I don't think there's any doubt that it's double our wage bill now.

Michael Owen - 100k

Shay Given, Jose Enrique, Claudio Cacapa, Joey Barton, Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff, Steve Harper, Charles N'Zogbia, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith, Geremi, Habib Beye, Nicky Butt, Steven Taylor, Collocini - 20-60k

Could you be a bit more vague, please?

Guest optimistic nit

Michael Owen - 100k

you've also got all the background staff on top of that, although your being vary vage there as well. also i think duff and viduka may be on 65K - 70K.

Wasn't some of them like Sol on 80k at Pompey? Also isn't that why we gave up on Diarra when he went there cause the offerred huge wedge?

Mate's a pompey fan, reckons Campbell is prob on about £100k, but as with Owen the rumours are anywhere between 80 and 120k. Distin and James will both be on huge wedges as well, wouldn't be surprised if they're up there with us, but I'd be surprised if any of their dead wood is earning a packet a la Smith, Duff.

one at £5m a year

three at £4m a year

seven at £3m a year

five at £2m a year

four at £0.5m a year

gives a wage bill of £50m for a squad of 20 players. Which would be £10 on the previous year, without counting the amount paid to all the other staff. The club say they have roughly 300 full time staff. Lets say they are on an average of £20,000 per year, and that comes to £6m. A total of £56m

Carefully constructed  :rolleyes:  bonuses should pay for themselves with extra performance bonuses from Sky.

With the money coming in through tohe door looking to be about £95m-£100m in 2008 the wage bill is still too high.