So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

So any updates on who's buying the club? Not bothered with the papers for a while now.

I look at all the broadsheets, and there haven't been stories since the last ones posted on here.

Cheers. Seems strange how Harris suddenly came out and had loads to say, then has gone quiet again. Wonder if this means something is happening, or if nothing is happening. :undecided:

I 'spose. Bit bored with speculating on the basis of more or less nothing, though.

Aye. Perhaps the papers have run out of steam for once; I'm sure if we were still doing as poorly on the pitch there would be more negative coverage.

So any updates on who's buying the club? Not bothered with the papers for a while now.

I look at all the broadsheets, and there haven't been stories since the last ones posted on here.

Cheers. Seems strange how Harris suddenly came out and had loads to say, then has gone quiet again. Wonder if this means something is happening, or if nothing is happening. :undecided:

I 'spose. Bit bored with speculating on the basis of more or less nothing, though.

Aye. Perhaps the papers have run out of steam for once; I'm sure if we were still doing as poorly on the pitch there would be more negative coverage.

It all seems to have died down for now, which is good.

Had two Arsenal supporters and a Man U fan around for tea this afternoon. All were united in their approval of the Kinnear tirade. I pointed out that whatever had been said about it, if anything our coverage since has been better, not worse.

due diligence would be my guess, and hope.

I suppose the positive way of looking at it would be that the serious buyers have kept a pretty close guard right from the off as opposed to the Nigerians and South Africans. So if there is a sale imminent it's logical we won't hear much until the deal is more or less rubber stamped.

any prospective buyer will be aware the club will be a lot cheaper if they wait until we are possibly a championship club.

Good job done by mikey there.

But then it'd be worth less, wouldn't it?  Why not wait until it's in the Conference?

it won't be worth less at all. The potential is the same. Just a cheaper buying price. Brace yourself for the possibility.

Been bracing myself for the possibility for a bit longer than this season.  But let me get this straight; the club won't be worth less, but it'll be cheaper.

I don't even need to point out the nonsense there.

you're just being pedantic, you know exactly what I mean. And this struggle has been on the cards since this time a year ago, all the signs were coming to light.

you can't possibly keep out-doing yourself can you?

And unlike when Sir John Hall decided to sell out to Ashley, there's no necessity for any aspect of the sale to be public until it's concluded.

Exactly,  official offer's may already be in but they want to keep it private.  We'll probably find out on the day the offer is accepted and due diligence begins.

Zabeel Investments have said they won't be buying Charlton.

The Dubai people were rumoured to be going for Everton instead, but with the current uncertainty over Liverpool I think they will be keeping their interest in them rather than bid for us.