So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Guest VegasToon

ah mort, I liked the guy a lot, I hope he helps in sorting us out a bit and moves things on. I only recall good things about him, he did well whilst here - basically sorted out finances and cleaned up ashleys pr mess

I would like him as chairman under the new owners.

Ashley has his faults, but Mort is honestly the best chariman we've ever had. Knew EXACTLY what the fans want.

Little bit far fetched IMO. He was a deer in headlights most of the time tbh.

Like Ashley he was learning on the job, looked like an unassuming average joe but more importantly, unlike Ashley he knew how to address the fans, whilst it he didnt address us quite as regularly as everyone likes to praise him for when he did it was well crafted and thought out. Something you should really expect from one of the highest respected Lawyers in London.

I like the guy for the above reasons but best chairman ever is a bit of a push, he took everything day to day and was at fault for not getting the signings Allardyce wanted due to his inexperience initially.

His return comes as a happy sight and memory of when everything was looking great for the club, fitting he should be back to finalise the sale of the club. Should have some random Mort chants at the Everton match though!

You've lost me again James. Nowhere did I assume any of those things. All I said was that I'm sick of Ashley using the 'hidden' debts as an excuse for anything, when in reality he should have known about them. I fully expect the new lot to know about them too, and therefore not be using that as an excuse either.

It's where you say that any new owner will take debts in to account and not buy the club if it is going to hinder them.

I get your initial point, but the discussion had appeared to move on from that.

The thing is that the last figure that was mentioned as not paid off was £27m - now if that amount is left on top of the amount Ashley wants then it "hinders" the new owners. I know it's naive in the extreme but I think if he makes £100m or more he should have the grace to pay it off.

Ashley has his faults, but Mort is honestly the best chariman we've ever had. Knew EXACTLY what the fans want.

Little bit far fetched IMO. He was a deer in headlights most of the time tbh.

Like Ashley he was learning on the job, looked like an unassuming average joe but more importantly, unlike Ashley he knew how to address the fans, whilst it he didnt address us quite as regularly as everyone likes to praise him for when he did it was well crafted and thought out. Something you should really expect from one of the highest respected Lawyers in London.

I like the guy for the above reasons but best chairman ever is a bit of a push, he took everything day to day and was at fault for not getting the signings Allardyce wanted due to his inexperience initially.

His return comes as a happy sight and memory of when everything was looking great for the club, fitting he should be back to finalise the sale of the club. Should have some random Mort chants at the Everton match though!

As far as dealing with the press, communicating to fans, and making business decisions for the club, who have we had that's better?

Completely ignoring issues considering transfers since that wasn't his job.

No, people are disagreeing with it because it was evidently not true. Those 20 millions are nowhere to be seen.

Because it is being used to pay wages and installments for players like Owen and Luque.

No it isn't, wages are well and truley covered by revenue, same goes for remaining payments on signings.  Look at our accounts before he took over, yes we were making losses.  But since then TV revenue has increased £20 million a season, wages have if anything, gone down not up.  There are now no payments to make on the stadium plus there are no dividends being paid out.  So where has all this extra expense come from?  There's always been payments owed on players, so that's nothing new.  How have we gone from making moderate losses with a revenue of £88 million to needing £125+ million per season to pay the bills?  Despite obvious cost cutting.  What happened did he leave the lights and gas on?  The mans a bullshiter!

Didn't Mort say wages went up £10 million under Allardyce?

Didn't the club make a loss of £30 million on the last set of accounts?

I think the money got for Milner was there to be reinvested in the club and I fully believe they went after Schweinsteiger on the final day of the window, I would of expected it to have been spent in January since they missed out on a replacement in the Summer, taking that into account I think it's possible the money for Milner is still there for a replacement in January and the other £8 million has gone to balancing the books.

Lets hope these Nigerians are prepared to put more than £20 million of their own money in every season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7641893.stm

Audio interview with Chris Nathaniel outlining a few of the consortiums plans on how it will benefit Nigeria (keep that in mind before commenting).

Main points:

- Team in Nigeria will act as feeder club to Newcastle.

- Newcastle will tour the country once a year.

- Want local people (Nigerians) to shadow some of the staff at Newcastle to learn how to run a football club.

- They hope their work with Newcastle (if it happens) will make Nigeria a more desired destination for investment and tourism.

- In it for the longterm (and NUFC will not be treat as a toy).

Couldn't care less about Nigeria or that chinless cunt Nathaniel, his plans sound shit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7641893.stm

Audio interview with Chris Nathaniel outlining a few of the consortiums plans on how it will benefit Nigeria (keep that in mind before commenting).

Main points:

- Team in Nigeria will act as feeder club to Newcastle.

- Newcastle will tour the country once a year.

- Want local people (Nigerians) to shadow some of the staff at Newcastle to learn how to run a football club.

- They hope their work with Newcastle (if it happens) will make Nigeria a more desired destination for investment and tourism.

- In it for the longterm (and NUFC will not be treat as a toy).

Couldn't care less about Nigeria or that chinless cunt Nathaniel, his plans sound shit.

gonna presume that bit in bold is a fucken pisstake

No, people are disagreeing with it because it was evidently not true. Those 20 millions are nowhere to be seen.

Because it is being used to pay wages and installments for players like Owen and Luque.

Should have completed due fucking dilligence then, perhaps?

I'm sick of hearing about the debts and shit he didn't know about tbh. If I buy a car without checking the thing and later find out it needs a shedload of work doing to it that's nobody's fault but my own.

Exactly.

:lol:

It was Mort who set up the structure of the club which everyone has been complaining about.  :doh:

He did, but he's also the one who convinced Keegan it could work.  I think Mort would have succeeded where Llambias+Wise have clearly failed, but we'll never know. 

Guest johnson293

Sorry if its already been posted.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/Dragons_Den.jpg

"I'm after a £450m investment, for a 100% stake in my football club"

Guest labrowski

I hope the first thing Mort does on his return to the club is give Llambias a Chinese burn before kicking him out his desk.

And a wedgie!  :snod:

Hope this isn't true:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/everton/3107667/Everton-in-takeover-talks-with-Anil-Ambani-Football.html

According to reports in the Mirror, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is in the process of luring Ambani, the sixth richest man in the world with a reputed fortune of £20 billion, to buying the Goodison Park club.

Ambani has already been linked with a move for Newcastle and Liverpool, but the possibility of a takeover in the blue half of Merseyside is more likely especially as Kenwright is known to be keen to step down from his current position.

Speaking recently Kenwright said: "I do not want to be here next year.

"I do not want to be standing in front of you saying, 'It's been another tough season' and 'I don't know where the money is'. I would sell tomorrow."

Kenwright, a life-long Everton fan, is known to be keen to secure investment for the club so the team can compete with the so-called 'Big Four', which will require either extra funds beyond his means, or a cash injection to redevelop Goodison Park or move to new stadium.

The takeover would doubtless please David Moyes as he seeks to close the gap on the top four clubs, and challenge for a place in the Champions League.

Ambani, who is the chairman of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, was voted Businessman of the Year in 2006 by Times Of India.

Is it just me who doesn't like the look if the Nigerian bid?:no:

I'm not convinced of any bid that needs to scrabble together enough funds to buy the club. Sounds like the Icelandic West Ham debacle.

:lol:

imagine how big their sofa is

I'm not convinced of any bid that needs to scrabble together enough funds to buy the club. Sounds like the Icelandic West Ham debacle.

I wouldn't compare it to West Ham, they went for 85m we are going for 350-400m.  I don't know how rich these people are but unless its a consortium of 50 they must still all be very wealthy if they are giving such an investment and the bonus is there is no way in hell they will ever sell Oba.

Apparently their latest offer is £200m which Ashley won't accept. They say they won't go higher because that will leave them with no funds for transfers, development etc. Waste of time if that's true.