So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Guest nufc_kev

I've asked this before and I'll ask again, would this be allowed if his brother already owned a club?

Aye, I remember it being said that as long as he was acting on behalf of a totally different company then it was fine.

Guest nufc_kev

I've asked this before and I'll ask again, would this be allowed if his brother already owned a club?

why wouldnt it be?

The possibility of match fixing.

Surely if Brothers can play against each other, then brothers who own clubs can play them against each other ;)

why wouldnt it be?

The possibility of match fixing would be no different whether he was his brother or not to be honest.

i tend to agree, i mean you might as well ban ashley from buying a club because he was mates with the spurs owners

I know this is a bit annoying, but i haven't kept track whatsoever of anything to do with any potential takeovers. One, i don't really understand the economics, and two i'm not hugely interested - i just want it sorted so we can move on.

What's the latest, exactly? Is there any latest? Cheers. :D

Guest elbee909

why wouldnt it be?

As if they'd need the money.

"Here Mortimer... for making sure NUFC vs Man City ended up a 2-2 draw... here's one dollar." :)

MAYBE THEY WERE WAITING UNTIL THE CITY GAME WAS OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE MAKING THE MOVE!

etc. etc.

I know this is a bit annoying, but i haven't kept track whatsoever of anything to do with any potential takeovers. One, i don't really understand the economics, and two i'm not hugely interested - i just want it sorted so we can move on.

What's the latest, exactly? Is there any latest? Cheers. :D

the latest is that there s a new rumour which has sped this thread up loads

Guest Chubby Jason

Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (Arabic: خليفة بن زايد بن سلطان النهيان‎), referred to either as Sheikh Nahyan or Sheikh Khalifa is the current President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) ruler of Abu Dhabi, secretary of the UAE Sunderland supporters club and long time friend of Dennis Wise, where they were both in the Wimbledon youth team before Khalifa went onto make his cash.

They really have their collective fingers on the pulse.

Is it definitely a current interview?  Not on SSN yet which is wierd.

It looked as if it was current because it had only been a ticker comment until he was interviewed, they made more of a big deal of it.  No doubt they'll repeat it soon and I'll see what else they talk about.