So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

I think every buyer will have Keegan first on their list of managers.

Are they playing with fire tho if they do that.  I mean they could nip this whole KK thing in the bud from the off by going in a different direction.

Agree but its our own fualt, they way we all raved about KK and the kick off when he left.

Any new buyer will think its what every fan wants and that he is the only man for the job. I suppose one thing if he did come back we would be safe this season, we missed the KK team talk on Saturday.

Aye missed that team talk.

I just feel the possible new owners would have looked at the KK situation and thought "fck that, he has way to much power and influance"

Yeah you could be right there, he does have a lot of say with the way he is loved BUT he will also get much longer than any other manager if things do not go right. No owner wnats to be chopping and changing managers because the fans are not happy.

I am guessing though Keegan and Shearer will be the top 2 names that will be looked at first.

Due dilligence is always the thing that seems take time during takeovers, so if that's out of the way hopefully the rest will be a case of getting it done. I have no doubt that the "seven parties" that were touted will have depleted by now. Hopefully with 2-3 serious contenders looking to buy.

For the record it would not suprise me if one of those was the group that pulled out of the Charlton takeover.

Are they playing with fire tho if they do that.  I mean they could nip this whole KK thing in the bud from the off by going in a different direction.

Agree but its our own fualt, they way we all raved about KK and the kick off when he left.

Any new buyer will think its what every fan wants and that he is the only man for the job. I suppose one thing if he did come back we would be safe this season, we missed the KK team talk on Saturday.

I just feel the possible new owners would have looked at the KK situation and thought "fck that, he has way to much power and influance"

Yeah you could be right there, he does have a lot of say with the way he is loved BUT he will also get much longer than any other manager if things do not go right. No owner wnats to be chopping and changing managers because the fans are not happy.

I am guessing though Keegan and Shearer will be the top 2 names that will be looked at first.

Whoever it is has a massive decsion to make.

Not sure what I would do TBH.  Best thing would to be to offer KK a free hand at the club and see run the first team football side.  We will give you a yearly budget to pruchase players.  You can pick the first team coaches but we will manage the youth system.

Not sure what I would do TBH.  Best thing would to be to offer KK a free hand at the club and see run the first team football side.  We will give you a yearly budget to pruchase players.  You can pick the first team coaches but we will manage the youth system.

This has always been the way it should have been done. The only thing i wouldn't expect/allow KK to control to be the youth set up. He should be in full control of the rest.

Not really, if the new owners make it clear from the start that Keegan has the only say on who comes and goes and stick to their word on how much money he has avalible to him, then everyone will know the buck stops with Keegan and if things go wrong there's no else to blame.

Pretty sure that's what he thought he was getting in the first place.

One thing i will say is that if Keegans pet lip has returned and he decides he does not want to return to the club, then there are plenty of excellent managers out there.

Mind you Shearer would be second on my list.

Shearer & Rob Lee combo?

Shearer, Lee and Speed trio ;)

In all seriousness, i'm not daft enough to think that there wouldn't be the usual concerns over whether he's got the experiance etc. I just believe we are in a time where we need a long term goal, dare i say similar to Sunderland and Shearer would be a great choice IMO.

As I'm sure has been said many times before, they should appoint the best manager they realistically can. If that's Keegan, so be it

Would prefer Shearer to KK coming back

Would first try for a top class manager

Aye, i would like to see a few enquiries into the likes of Rikaard, Mancini and Houiller but if we were going for English there are only two choices IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer is not a gamble

A foreign manager with no idea of the premiership is a gamble and i include people like Rikjaard, Hiddink and van gaal in that (i know they would probably say no!). The odds of it going tits up are very similar to the odds of it going well and i dont think we can afford that at this current time

Shearer should be the next manager!

It could well be that the parties have contracted a law firm to do the due dilligence, using the same data would be feasible, if they all trust the law firm instead of doing seven due dilligences at once, the q & a part could be abit confusing to say the least.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll go on record as saying Shearer will be Souness v2.0 were he to come straight into the Newcastle job. Absolutely, without a doubt in my mind, should not be him.

Shearer will not be a souness type manager. I see him more as a Mark Hughes type manager

We should avoid Shearer until he's proved himself. If he's s*** (and there is every chance he will be) and the new owners get rid there'll be another batch of morons kicking off on SSN about it.

Get Ketsbaia in. His stint at Famagusta has shown he had the potential to be a top class manager. He wants the job too.

:kasper:

I can honestly say I'd not be arsed either way about Keegan now.

If he's brought back I'll be happy as I think he can still do good things here, but if the new owners want someone else I'll respect that wish to move on just the same.

We should avoid Shearer until he's proved himself. If he's s*** (and there is every chance he will be) and the new owners get rid there'll be another batch of morons kicking off on SSN about it.

Get Ketsbaia in. His stint at Famagusta has shown he had the potential to be a top class manager. He wants the job too.

:kasper:

I would take him over Shearer.