So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

There are so many storys about Shearer being a right cunt, is he the right kind of man to be a manager? No doubt he loves the club, no doubt he is a tough fella, no doubt he knows football inside out but a man manager? would the players respond to him, are any of the squad left that had problems with Al whilst he was here as a player?

Aye Ferguson is a right Cunt too.

So was Brian Clough.

That Roeder is a nice fellow though.

If you look through history a lot of players change their approach once they step into management - look at Keane and Hughes for recent examples. Who's to say that Shearer the manager = Shearer the player in terms of personal style.

He's had, as mentors, the likes of Dalglish, Robson, Keegan, Gullitt, Venables, Hoddle, Souness. All big personalities, all with a distinct style. If he hasn't picked up from those what works and what doesn't then he really is as thick as pig shit

Is managing Famagusta to a couple of wins with nothing to lose really the 'big stage'? ???

It makes him much, much more qualified than Shearer.

Without doubt, but there are probably Sunday League managers who are more qualified. But qualified enough to take this job?

Managing in the Champions League? I'd say he's qualified.

He got there by winning the Cypriot league (14 teams) then beating Pyunik Yerevan, Rapid Vienna and Olympiacos in play-offs.

More experienced than Shearer, yes. But not much more than that at this stage IMO.

Is managing Famagusta to a couple of wins with nothing to lose really the 'big stage'? ???

It makes him much, much more qualified than Shearer.

Does it? Not convinced

Any management experience > No management experience.

It's not rocket science. Shearer is only qualified in some peoples minds because he's a local lad who scored a couple of goals. Until he's had a job in management then Ketsbaia is the better candidiate.

Agreed, let's give Souness a bell

I'd take temuri as well btw. Fuck it. Spurs hired one of the most sought after managers in europe and he's already out the door. I'm in the local hero camp, something to pull us all together. Management ability obviously important too but i think shearer will be up to it.

Absolutely. We are very much a club that needs galvanised a, "shearer" would do that IMO.

Still think Bilic would be canny like.

There are so many storys about Shearer being a right c***, is he the right kind of man to be a manager? No doubt he loves the club, no doubt he is a tough fella, no doubt he knows football inside out but a man manager? would the players respond to him, are any of the squad left that had problems with Al whilst he was here as a player?

Aye Ferguson is a right c*** too.

So was Brian Clough.

If you look through history a lot of players change their approach once they step into management - look at Keane and Hughes for recent examples. Who's to say that Shearer the manager = Shearer the player in terms of personal style.

He's had, as mentors, the likes of Dalglish, Robson, Keegan, Gullitt, Venables, Hoddle, Souness. All big personalities, all with a distinct style. If he hasn't picked up from those what works and what doesn't then he really is as thick as pig s***

Souness was a c*** a so called hard man, we all know how that went..

KK not a hard man, SBR not a hard man, it takes more than fear to get things working well.

I'd take temuri as well btw. Fuck it. Spurs hired one of the most sought after managers in europe and he's already out the door. I'm in the local hero camp, something to pull us all together. Management ability obviously important too but i think shearer will be up to it.

Absolutely. We are very much a club that needs galvanised a, "shearer" would do that IMO.

Bilic would be my very first choice but he'd never come here.

There are so many storys about Shearer being a right c***, is he the right kind of man to be a manager? No doubt he loves the club, no doubt he is a tough fella, no doubt he knows football inside out but a man manager? would the players respond to him, are any of the squad left that had problems with Al whilst he was here as a player?

Aye Ferguson is a right c*** too.

So was Brian Clough.

He's had, as mentors, the likes of Dalglish, Robson, Keegan, Gullitt, Venables, Hoddle, Souness. All big personalities, all with a distinct style. If he hasn't picked up from those what works and what doesn't then he really is as thick as pig s***

Souness was a c*** a so called hard man, we all know how that went..

KK not a hard man, SBR not a hard man, it takes more than fear to get things working well.

O0

If we let him have full say on everything and a very big transfer kitty we'd have a decent chance

I'd take temuri as well btw. f*** it. Spurs hired one of the most sought after managers in europe and he's already out the door. I'm in the local hero camp, something to pull us all together. Management ability obviously important too but i think shearer will be up to it.

If we let him have full say on everything and a very big transfer kitty we'd have a decent chance

yeah, i remember when we were in for Modric, he was saying it would be a great move, we're a great club etc etc

Mainstream media don't appear to have picked up on the completion of due diligence. Are they just slow off the mark today, or is it yet to be verified?

It's just from comments made to NUFCTV by Kinnear. So even though it might be bollocks, they've probably not even seen it.

Mainstream media don't appear to have picked up on the completion of due diligence. Are they just slow off the mark today, or is it yet to be verified?

This has only came from JK on Newcastle World, dunno if the media keep an eye on that.

It's just from comments made to NUFCTV by Kinnear. So even though it might be bollocks, they've probably not even seen it.

Not even Anal Oliver picked it up and declared it to be an exclusive interview...

I'd take temuri as well btw. f*** it. Spurs hired one of the most sought after managers in europe and he's already out the door. I'm in the local hero camp, something to pull us all together. Management ability obviously important too but i think shearer will be up to it.

Oh dear, seems to be yet another member of the annoying (My cloth cap is too large . . ) "He'll never come here" / "he'll never come here" / "he'll never come here" / "he'll never come here"  BRIGADE . . .

Not really having a go at you as an individual, just at the whole 'small-thinking' attitude some people have, particularly (sadly) many of the younger fans.

I know times are difficult at the moment, but they will not always be!

I have my doubts if due dilligence has been done as per jk interview. No one has picked on this not even nugcblog who write s****.

No one knew MA took over until Hall had already flogged him the shares, we'll see.  Personally I think things are moving.  Just cos the media aint got wind of it doesn;t mean nothing is happening.

I have my doubts if due dilligence has been done as per jk interview. No one has picked on this not even nugcblog who write s****.

It would make a change for the club to be able to keep something like this quiet, its such a hot topic for the press right now.

It would make a change for the club to be able to keep something like this quiet, its such a hot topic for the press right now.

I'm glad you're fkn posting more Skirge. :D