Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This has been posted on toontastic by someone who's apparently on the committee.

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

come on guys. wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!

:jesuswept:

It's just plain embarrassing that these people are fruadulently claiming to represent us.

They have one agenda - an obvious hatred of Mike Ashley and anything he has anything to do with - and and an insulting and patronising tone to anyone who disagrees with their petty sentiments.

As always with tin pot organisations they shout loud about what is wrong but do any of them have any idea of what will follow Ashley now they have succeeeded in their objective of forcing him to sell.

I very much doubt that Ashley nor his mob will be laughing into Kristel, Highbury beer, cup of Rosy Lea or anything else right now.

Their personal attack on a Newcastle player is absolutely disgraceful - in fact these are just the type of fans we could do without at SJP.

The player they criticise came here from La Liga with a decent reputation but frankly should have been nowhere near the first team for at least 3 months. Due to a managerial walkout and a bunch of other circumstances he was thrown in at the deep end and despite being out of his depth absolutey ran his pods off for the team. Credit to him for that.

A disgraceful personal and politically motivated attack lads, but that seems to be your way of bringing attention to your cause.

The sooner this scam organisation is wound up before it causes more damage and embarrassment to NUFC and it's supporters the better.

I know i've been going on about this over and over, but I still can't for the life of me believe they have actually named Xisco in that rant!!! Who the f*** is the writer to question whether or not he's worth 5m????? James Milner is nowhere near the finished article, and we sold him for 7m more than we bought Xisco!!! Both U-21 internationals for their respective countries!!

I'm not debating and don't want to debate the pro's and cons of the purchase of Xisco or sale of Milner. What i'm saying is that from that last statement in above rant, you can see clearly that a) the NUSC agenda is a personal one and is blind to what could be good for the club, and b) whoever speaks for them hasn't got a f***ing clue

"For general queries please use

[email protected]"

There you go. Anyone with queries contact them there.

It would be nice to let us know when you have, so we can see how many people can be bothered to get off their arses like the people who formed NUSC did.

Will also be interesting to see how many actually get replies.

You're right, it will

It will also be interesting to see how many people contact them in the first place.

Right, just e mailed them.  I'll let you know.

If you don't mind asking - what was your query about?

If you do, that's fine.

I'll post my query & their reply on here when I get it, no bother at all.

I wouldn't want my e mail being answered just because it had appeared on here, if you know what I mean?  I'm not saying at all that that would be the case, but I'd rather wait and see.

FWIW I do think I'll get one.

Well done Liam, glad you've done something about it.

There just seem a lot of people on here who jump on anything that happens and turn it into a negative. This is there chance to prove how much it means to them.

I also agree with the 2/3 posts above, they have done some things badly and they are definitely some of them.

There just seem a lot of people on here who jump on anything that happens and turn it into a negative.

That statement as a standalone I tend to rather agree with, but in the case of this thread it almost seems out of place.

The NUSC is releasing press statements which are neither reasoned nor helpful. They're more blind prejudice and inflammatory.

There just seem a lot of people on here who jump on anything that happens and turn it into a negative.

That statement as a standalone I tend to rather agree with, but in the case of this thread it almost seems out of place.

The NUSC is releasing press statements which are neither reasoned nor helpful. They're more blind prejudice and inflammatory.

So true. As I've said doing something is only better than doing nothing if the action you take is beneficial. In this case we would be better off if they hadn't released these statements.

So true, as I've said doing something is only better than doing nothing if the action you take is beneficial. In this case we would be better off if they hadn't released these statements.

Yep fair points.

But it appears - and this has been the problem with NUFC fans in general for a while - that people are happy to moan and bitch about things on here, other forums, at work, in the pub etc but would never do anything about it.

The people have, good on them. They don't have to have people pulling them down for it.

If you've got such a problem with what they are saying - tell them. If they don't change when enough people tell them then by all means have a go at them.

Guest Howaythetoon

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

That is someone's opinion and not the opinion of NUSC.

That is someone's opinion and not the opinion of NUSC.

Ok, but its been posted as representative of someone linked to NUSC's views and therefore assumed to be the viewpoint of NUSC very quickly.

In exactly the same way the statement by NUSC has been taken to be representative of all NUFC fans (see the adidas link) very quicky.

I'd wager that the majority of Newcastle fans do not support the views of NUSC, and therefore any claim to be trying to represent the fans is fraudulant imo

So true, as I've said doing something is only better than doing nothing if the action you take is beneficial. In this case we would be better off if they hadn't released these statements.

Yep fair points.

But it appears - and this has been the problem with NUFC fans in general for a while - that people are happy to moan and bitch about things on here, other forums, at work, in the pub etc but would never do anything about it.

The people have, good on them. They don't have to have people pulling them down for it.

If you've got such a problem with what they are saying - tell them. If they don't change when enough people tell them then by all means have a go at them.

I think fans should stick to moaning and bitching to put it bluntly. There's a reason lunatics aren't usually allowed to run the asylum. Putting out statements discouraging sponsors, suggesting customers buy their pies from Greggs etc. shows why it's best fans just stick to being fans.

Yep fair points.

I think fans should stick to moaning and bitching to put it bluntly. There's a reason lunatics aren't usually allowed to run the asylum. Putting out statements discouraging sponsors, suggesting customers buy their pies from Greggs etc. shows why it's best fans just stick to being fans.

I actually agree about buying your steak bakes from Greggs rather than from the ground. They taste better

I generally agree, if we just concentrated on supporting the team we would be a lot better off. And if you don't like what's happening, don't go.

But the role of a football fan is a complex one, isn't it? We're 'customers' obviously, so we expect to be provided with a good product. But at the same time we can be buying the product but still unhappy about what we're seeing, and expressing that unhappiness can make things a lot worse.

And football is so close to peoples' hearts, it's not like we can just stop supporting, and it is hard to see your beloved club going through so much shit.

I don't think the fans can win either way, they can't do anything about the situation except make it worse by vocally objecting. A tough situation to bear.

Yep fair points.

Completely disagree.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with forming something like NUSC. 

You're mixing up the things that they're saying, with what they set out to achieve.

You will never get everyone to agree, but it seems like they've upset a few people.

They need to be told and given a chance

Yep fair points.

So true.

Maybe a supporters club along the lines of that in the 70s and 80s would be a good idea. Nice shiny lapel badges, away trips with Armstrong Galley and piss ups in the Magpie !

Now that would be worth supporting

Guest Howaythetoon

Any supporters club will always take time to get going and since ours is in its infancy I think people need to reserve judgment and lay of the criticism. In the meantime NUSC needs to prioritise its goals and ideas which shouldn't be more pressure on Mike Ashley in my opinion. The club is up for sale and he is actively seeking a buyer, we have to let that process happen even if it takes longer than needed or hoped because this is a critical time in the club's history. The first thing NUSC needs to do is register with supporters direct to give the group some form of legitimacy, as it stands its nothing more than a pressure group at the moment in the eyes of many.

There needs to be several polices outlined on openness, conflicts of interest, code of conduct and the roles and responsibilities of the committee need defined among other things too. These are key in establishing the structure of the group and to create a form of transparency.

Some links

http://www.supporters-direct.org/links/

Any supporters club will always take time to get going and since ours is in its infancy I think people need to reserve judgment and lay of the criticism. In the meantime NUSC needs to prioritise its goals and ideas which shouldn't be more pressure on Mike Ashley in my opinion. The club is up for sale and he is actively seeking a buyer, we have to let that process happen even if it takes longer than needed or hoped because this is a critical time in the club's history. The first thing NUSC needs to do is register with supporters direct to give the group some form of legitimacy, as it stands its nothing more than a pressure group at the moment in the eyes of many.

There needs to be several polices outlined on openness, conflicts of interest, code of conduct and the roles and responsibilities of the committee need defined among other things too. These are key in establishing the structure of the group and to create a form of transparency.

Some links

But the so called NUSC is nothing like a supporters club, it's a single agenda driven vehicle of the usual self important and attention seeking suspects and in no way represents Newcastle fans.

No sane Newcastle supporter would touch it with a barge pole.

Some links

But the so called NUSC is nothing like a supporters club, it's a single agenda driven vehicle of the usual self important and attention seeking suspects and in no way represents Newcastle fans.

I totally agree mate, the rubbish they are releasing is further embarrasing and degrading the club, it isnt improving morale at the club or in the fans and I really wish they would just shut up!

out of interest, how many people have signed up so far.

I haven't seen anything released, it looks like they've put fan recruitment on hold to keep pushing their agenda.

They asked people to sign up through their site but nobody has heard anything back.

Some links

I totally agree mate, the rubbish they are releasing is further embarrasing and degrading the club, it isnt improving morale at the club or in the fans and I really wish they would just shut up!

Have you told them this or are you going to keep on wishing?

Some links

Are you one of these people that writes to points Of View every time there's something on the telly you disagree with?

No, otherwise I'd be starting my posts with why o why o why...

Are you one of these people who decides to go against the popular opinion whatever the topic?

No, because reading over the last few pages the decision to announce plans to boycott Adidas certainly isn't the popular opinion.

Are you one of these people that writes to points Of View every time there's something on the telly you disagree with?

Are you one of these people who decides to go against the popular opinion whatever the topic?

Are you one of those people's who have previously posted on here under another username?