Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biffa was willing to give support to those against game 39 but not lead iirc. As for some of the others I think the Save Our Seats campaign took a bit out of them.

Not sure why your bringing up Biffa and the Game39 argument,  i think most fans were against that idea. 

Biffa was willing to give support to those against game 39 but not lead iirc. As for some of the others I think the Save Our Seats campaign took a bit out of them.

Not sure why your bringing up Biffa and the Game39 argument,  i think most fans were against that idea. 

I was following on from you point about Biffa as that is my only "real world experience" of him. I think he is a decent bloke, I like his website & miss his reports about youth football in The Mag.

Right, I was at the NUSC committee meeting tonight.

First things first.

There will be a full meeting for ALL NUSC members at the Irish Club on Wednesday 29, October (that's the day after the West Brom game).

If you aren't a member of NUSC yet, you will be able to join up on the night.

The meeting will be an opportunity for the committee to let everyone know what's been going on, and basically see what the general concensus is about the direction in which NUSC should take.

NUSC bank account is set up, and you will eventually be able to pay via paypal on the internet, although it still needs to be set up as paypal need proof of bank details etc.

We're looking at getting membership cards sorted, and should have other little bits and bobs (pin badges/keyrings/car stickers) getting done for members soon-ish as well. It also looks like T-shirts, Polo Shirts and Hoodies will be getting done. But they're very much secondary issues.

Leaflets. Some of you maybe aware that there were problems with NUFC/the Council & Police over the NUSC leaflets handed out at the Blackburn game. The council/police/local MPs and city councillors will be asked how we can do this legally/why are their problems for NUSC but not with all the leaflets for clubs/bars etc around town.

There were 3 guest speakers.

Tom Bradley and Michael Brunskill came along from the North East branch of the Football Supporters Federation to give us info about the FSF and being an FSF affiliated supporters' club and what they can do for us (legal advice, represenation via FSF to FA, Premier League, Football League and Government officials.) They mentioned that that the FSF had planned to host their next annual national meeting next summer at SJP, but have pulled out in support of the boycott on the club (they will still hold their meeting in Newcastle but at an alternative venue unless the situation at NUFC changes and we're happy with it).

Their national chairman is also keen to come up and speak at an NUSC meeting at some point.

The other speaker was Peter Lee - he of the 'fans bid'. Basically, there was a lot he said he couldn't say due to disclosures etc. He says that the 300,000 NUFC fans sticking in a grand each isn't neccesarily the case. According to him, there are 'substantial funds' already in place to buy the club and for transfers. Some of those involved are NUFC fans, but some aren't. The group includes business people, football fans, football/sports experts and celebrities, all of whom want to be a part of making NUFC a club for the fans and the wider community with strong fan representation. According to him, they would hope to fully take over the club by the end of the season, with a partial takeover taking place sooner. He also says that something major is going to happen this week that will make 'world headlines' and be 'bigger than Keegan'. (we've heard stuff like this before haven't we?)

I think the general feeling amongst the committee was sceptical/cynical about it. But in fairness to him I think that would be the case about anyone at the minute.

First things first.

There will be a full meeting for ALL NUSC members at the Irish Club on Wednesday 29, October (that's the day after the West Brom game).

The meeting will be an opportunity for the committee to let everyone know what's been going on, and basically see what the general concensus is about the direction in which NUSC should take.

NUSC bank account is set up, and you will eventually be able to pay via paypal on the internet, although it still needs to be set up as paypal need proof of bank details etc.

We're looking at getting membership cards sorted, and should have other little bits and bobs (pin badges/keyrings/car stickers) getting done for members soon-ish as well. It also looks like T-shirts, Polo Shirts and Hoodies will be getting done. But they're very much secondary issues.

Leaflets. Some of you maybe aware that there were problems with NUFC/the Council & Police over the NUSC leaflets handed out at the Blackburn game. The council/police/local MPs and city councillors will be asked how we can do this legally/why are their problems for NUSC but not with all the leaflets for clubs/bars etc around town.

Tom Bradley and Michael Brunskill came along from the North East branch of the Football Supporters Federation to give us info about the FSF and being an FSF affiliated supporters' club and what they can do for us (legal advice, represenation via FSF to FA, Premier League, Football League and Government officials.) They mentioned that that the FSF had planned to host their next annual national meeting next summer at SJP, but have pulled out in support of the boycott on the club (they will still hold their meeting in Newcastle but at an alternative venue unless the situation at NUFC changes and we're happy with it).

Their national chairman is also keen to come up and speak at an NUSC meeting at some point.

The other speaker was Peter Lee - he of the 'fans bid'. Basically, there was a lot he said he couldn't say due to disclosures etc. He says that the 300,000 NUFC fans sticking in a grand each isn't neccesarily the case. According to him, there are 'substantial funds' already in place to buy the club and for transfers. Some of those involved are NUFC fans, but some aren't. The group includes business people, football fans, football/sports experts and celebrities, all of whom want to be a part of making NUFC a club for the fans and the wider community with strong fan representation. According to him, they would hope to fully take over the club by the end of the season, with a partial takeover taking place sooner. He also says that something major is going to happen this week that will make 'world headlines' and be 'bigger than Keegan'. (we've heard stuff like this before haven't we?)

I think the general feeling amongst the committee was sceptical/cynical about it. But in fairness to him I think that would be the case about anyone at the minute.

Sounds like fantastic news to me. New owners with links to the fans are buying the club, Keegan or Shearer must surely be managers in waiting with plenty of money to spend in the transfer market. If NUSC can pull this off I will definitley hold my hands up in shame that I was sceptical this could ever be achieved.

First things first.

Sounds like fantastic news to me. New owners with links to the fans are buying the club, Keegan or Shearer must surely be managers in waiting with plenty of money to spend in the transfer market. If NUSC can pull this off I will definitley hold my hands up in shame that I was sceptical this could ever be achieved.

I will be absolutely amazed if this is achieved, still seems one of the most unrealistic ideas I've ever heard though.

I would be dead set against the idea however, as I said in a thread a few weeks ago, it would be a massive calamity.

I can't believe that they still persist with the boycott crap. :lol:

how muich did you paw through that post looking for a negative? Out of everything he said there you managed to hunt through and find something to put a :D on.

Dont forget though Mick, hes given you 15 days notice thats a lot more than the last meeting or is that still not enough warning?

Cheers for that Tom_NUFC

My thoughts on the NUSC are still pretty much the same - meh -

I also don't like that the FSF have canceled the event at SJP. SJP represents NUFC and not Mike fkn Ashley!! The worst thing about it is that the FSF guys are going about it as if "yeah this is what all newcastle fans want, so we'll boycott too", and i think that's rather stupid.

NUSC still does not represent me and the vast majority of sensible fans imo

Cheers for that Tom_NUFC

My thoughts on the NUSC are still pretty much the same - meh -

I also don't like that the FSF have canceled the event at SJP. SJP represents NUFC and not Mike fkn Ashley!! The worst thing about it is that the FSF guys are going about it as if "yeah this is what all newcastle fans want, so we'll boycott too", and i think that's rather stupid.

NUSC still does not represent me and the vast majority of sensible fans imo

Are you in FSF? If so so complain. Of course the FSF are going to back NUSC, as NUSC are members of FSF.

The people who run FSF are really nice people, apart from Kevin Miles as he is from Howdon which is 3rd World Wallsend.

Guest Heneage

First things first.

A fans lead bid would be so daft its untrue. Not every member in fact probably most will have any business acrriment. Stick to Ebsfleet if you want to own a club. This is Premier League we are talking here.

That Peter Lee should do stand up. I wonder what he calls substantial funds, the asking price being roughly £250 million.

When NUSC was launched there was a lot of talk of lawyers, businessmen, finance people all getting involved. Then these press releases kept coming out and i'm thinking 'who on earth is releasing this unprofessional rubbish, i thought there was meant to be people who knew what they were doing involved".

It could be that these people have been involved with Peter lee (the place to be!) and the monkey grinders have been putting on the public face. I have been wondering where the articulate gentleman i heard on the radio has been hiding.

I can't believe that they still persist with the boycott crap. :lol:

My take on that is that there is a possibility that Ashley could look ad the bids and decide that they aren't big enough for his liking and hang on till a suitable bid appears. In that context increasing pressure on him so that he says "sod it" and takes a bit less is worthwhile in the intestest of getting everything sorted.

Conjecture of course but what would be wrong with that notion?

First things first.

A fans lead bid would be so daft its untrue. Not every member in fact probably most will have any business acrriment. Stick to Ebsfleet if you want to own a club. This is Premier League we are talking here.

AFAIK the "fans bid" is nothing at all to do with NUSC.  Just thought I'd mention that before people use it as yet another reason to slag them off ;)

According to him, they would hope to fully take over the club by the end of the season, with a partial takeover taking place sooner.

How would this work? :lol:

Are they planning on leaving Ashley with a stake for now?  NUSC won't be happy with that.

"Yes Mr Ashley, we want to buy it, but we only have some of the money now.  Can we buy the rest off you later?"

For that to happen he'd have to have a massive shortage of other options on the table.

(Not a question aimed at Tom, purely an observation)

how muich did you paw through that post looking for a negative? Out of everything he said there you managed to hunt through and find something to put a :D on.

Dont forget though Mick, hes given you 15 days notice thats a lot more than the last meeting or is that still not enough warning?

Nice one, it's my fault for seeing the negative :lol:, I would have thought with the comments which have been made in various places that NUSC would have learned something, obviously not.  The 15 days notice is much better but probably will not help me as I'll be at work on shifts.

My take on that is that there is a possibility that Ashley could look ad the bids and decide that they aren't big enough for his liking and hang on till a suitable bid appears. In that context increasing pressure on him so that he says "sod it" and takes a bit less is worthwhile in the intestest of getting everything sorted.

Ashley is trying to sell the club, he will have incurred expenses in doing so as he's hired Seymour Pierce and I doubt it's on a no sale no fee basis so he doesn't appear to be stringing people along.  We've already had one person leave the club because he's trying to sell and we have a manager on a 10 match contract, boycotting is pointless and will possibly harm the club. 

I can't see what more he can do to sell the club and boycotts are not going to help by the looks of it.  The reports which we've seen coming out of foreign countries appear to make us look like a poisoned chalice and that will not make the club look like a better buying option.  It's time to stand back and let the sale go through without anything going on in the background.

Ashley is trying to sell the club, he will have incurred expenses in doing so as he's hired Seymour Pierce and I doubt it's on a no sale no fee basis so he doesn't appear to be stringing people along.  We've already had one person leave the club because he's trying to sell and we have a manager on a 10 match contract, boycotting is pointless and will possibly harm the club. 

I can't see what more he can do to sell the club and boycotts are not going to help by the looks of it.  The reports which we've seen coming out of foreign countries appear to make us look like a poisoned chalice and that will not make the club look like a better buying option.  It's time to stand back and let the sale go through without anything going on in the background.

:nods:

Not going to be allowed to happen though :(

The latest ramblings of this non-representative publicity group, even with the addition of a couple of "celebrity" speakers proves that shouting for a pie boycott and a "Cockney mafia out" banner may be just about the extent of their capabilities.

I hope the people at the FSF are intelligent enough to realise that only a very small minority of Newcastle supporters agree with the sentiments of NUSC, and the ridiculous statement regarding not using SJP as a venue for their annual meeting,  "unless the situation at NUFC changes and we're happy with it" are dangerous.   If the small pressure group which is NUSC don't approve it doesn't happen.  :idiot2:

I would recommend true NUFC supporters oppose these publicity seeking lightweights before they upset the present owner further and we end up wasting more time, having an owner who can't go to the match and therefore has no interest in investing in the future, and putting off any potential new owners who think they have to appease this mob before they can do anything.

If I could get to this meeting I would love to pass on our concerns about NUSC, sadly stranded down south.

If they just called themselves something that represented their true aims as a single-issue group dedicated to getting Ashley out, then I wouldn't have a problem with them, but as NUSC they are making us all look like idiots.

Also, Ashley is trying to sell so they should stop the whinging and just let him get on with it.