Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/22/supporters-club-attacks-fiasco-at-newcastle-72703-22753172/

Supporters club attacks fiasco at Newcastle

Jan 22 2009 by Adam Jupp, Evening Chronicle

While the playing staff are stretched to the limit, the supporters are perhaps beyond that fractious arguments between sections of travelling fans at Hull and Blackburn are bad signs, yet almost understandable in the current situation.

So it's Ashley's fault Barrett twatted someone. :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/22/supporters-club-attacks-fiasco-at-newcastle-72703-22753172/

?While the playing staff are stretched to the limit, the supporters are perhaps beyond that ? fractious arguments between sections of travelling fans at Hull and Blackburn are bad signs, yet almost understandable in the current situation.?

:lol:

To be fair, though, didn't that happen at a home game?

?While the playing staff are stretched to the limit, the supporters are perhaps beyond that ? fractious arguments between sections of travelling fans at Hull and Blackburn are bad signs, yet almost understandable in the current situation.?

:lol:

To be fair, though, didn't that happen at a home game?

No it happened at Hull in the cup IIRC

Dear Mr Ord

It may have escaped your attention, but we have been a 'relegation-haunted laughing stock' for the last four years. Your organisation has also made a big contribution to the disarray that we now experience, and which excites so much mirth in rival fans. Do us all a favour and moan to your mates down the pub, not to the media.

They're fucking bipolar, this lot!

"We think that Ashley is an utter cunt and we hate him and everything he's ever done, we wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire! Please Mr Ashley, talk to us, oh why won't you talk to us, we really want to talk to you, pretty please?"

Well I don't know about you, but I certainly go out of my way to talk to people who think I'm a cunt, it's one of my favourite activities.

Hmm, I wonder just how ironic that last sentence really is? :lol:

"We think that Ashley is an utter cunt and we hate him and everything he's ever done, we wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire! Please Mr Ashley, talk to us, oh why won't you talk to us, we really want to talk to you, pretty please?"

Well I don't know about you, but I certainly go out of my way to talk to people who think I'm a cunt, it's one of my favourite activities.

Look, we've said all along that we want to talk, and that the fact that he won't tell us (and by that I mean all NUFC supporters, rather than just NUSC) a thing. He says he has a plan, but he won't say what.

The club is an absolute shambles at the moment, so no, we're far from happy with the situation, or with him, no doubt you feel the same.

We have had communications with the club, and discussed certain matters with them. For example, just on Monday night we took a raft of e-mails we'd received about the stewarding in the NW corner, and brought the matter to the club's attention. Obviously, that doesn't solve the running of the club, and it's not direct communication with the people at the top, but I think it is a positive sign that we have made direct contact with the club and can address some issues.

Look, we've said all along that we want to talk, and that the fact that he won't tell us (and by that I mean all NUFC supporters, rather than just NUSC) a thing. He says he has a plan, but he won't say what.

The club is an absolute shambles at the moment, so no, we're far from happy with the situation, or with him, no doubt you feel the same.

We have had communications with the club, and discussed certain matters with them. For example, just on Monday night we took a raft of e-mails we'd received about the stewarding in the NW corner, and brought the matter to the club's attention. Obviously, that doesn't solve the running of the club, and it's not direct communication with the people at the top, but I think it is a positive sign that we have made direct contact with the club and can address some issues.

Tom, this isn't aimed at you, you seem to be pretty level-headed and sensible, but every single statement your group makes starts with a vitriolic attack against Ashley and ends with a plea for him to talk to you. Is it really that hard to see the flaw in that tactic!?!

Why would he possibly want to talk to you? What would he have to gain from it? Why would he even need to talk to you, when he could talk to all the fans - not just the handful that are represented by your group - through the official site without fear of what he said being misrepresented by your group to the rest of the fans, as it's abundantly clear that NUSC is represented by people who are totally closed-minded towards him?

There is simply no benefit whatsoever to him in talking to NUSC, therefore why would he want to?

If you want him to talk to you, you have two options:

1. Make him want to talk to you.

2. Force him to talk to you.

You do No. 1 by stopping ranting and raving to the press and proving to him that you're prepared to listen to what he has to say with an open-mind. You come out with constructive suggestions and comments and build a good working-relationship with the club at a lower level. Basically, you build his trust and look at what you can offer him to encourage him to want to engage with you, this will take some time, especially with NUSC's current track record.

You aren't doing this at present.

You do No. 2 by making yourself so important and powerful that he simply has no choice, but to talk to you. You do this by working your arses off for the fans, doing the things that are required for the vast majority of NUFC fans to feel like your group represents them. You move well away from being a single-issue protest group and weave yourself into the fabric of Newcastle fans' daily football-lives. I'm sorry, but NUSC has zero achievements at present, you are unimportant. All you've done as far as I can see is have a couple of meetings, take a load of money off people and do nothing with it, knock up a website and post childish jokes and abuse on it, and provide rent-a-gob rants for Sky Sports News. It'll take time for NUSC to hold any importance and even longer to hold the kind of importance required to demand anything from the club and not get laughed out of town. You earn respect, you can't just jump up and down, stamp your foot and demand it.

You aren't doing this either.

These are really, really simple concepts, the kind that anyone should really understand, basic negotiating skills, and if the people running NUSC aren't able to grasp them, then it's destined to fail and deservedly so.

Seeing that Tom has come on here and given everyone plenty of notice of the meeting on the 4th will the people on here who complain and moan about NUSC gonna make an appearance and tell the NUSC what the think they should do instead or better or just wait and continue to sit on their arses and criticise?

Seeing that Tom has come on here and given everyone plenty of notice of the meeting on the 4th will the people on here who complain and moan about NUSC gonna make an appearance and tell the NUSC what the think they should do instead or better or just wait and continue to sit on their arses and criticise?

I think one of the biggest criticisms so far is that the spokesmen appear to be giving their own views rather than those of the members as a whole.  It's OK getting to have your say, so long as people listen.

Living outside of the North East, means I won't be going, even if I lived in Newcastle I still wouldn't go. It's up to NUSC to do things to attract people to be interested in them, they do nothing for me and do not represent me in any way whatsoever, I do not owe them my attendance at their meeting. It's exactly the kind of arrogant "You must pay attention to NUSC/be involved with NUSC/do what NUSC says!!" kinda attitude that you've just displayed, which is the major problem with the whole thing. What have they done, to deserve my - or anyone else's - support or respect? As far as I can see: jack-shit.

I criticise them because they claim to represent me as a NUFC fan, they do not represent me, therefore I criticise them. They're the ones who came along and included me in the people they claim to speak for, I never asked them to and I don't want them to. I can speak for myself.

I think one of the biggest criticisms so far is that the spokesmen appear to be giving their own views rather than those of the members as a whole.  It's OK getting to have your say, so long as people listen.

yes good point and i wouldn't disagree, i joined when it formed but have been disappointed with lack of info and contact, despite having my contact details i've heard nothing about what they are doing, think there's only been one meeting although think the committee meet up on a more regular basis. 

Part of the reason for having this meeting is so if you've got a problem with some of the statements NUSC has come out with, you can tell us that. We want to iron things out, explain our position, reasons and we really do want to hear what people have to say, because I'm sure we all want a well run, successful club, but sadly we are a million miles away from that.

It's a desperate time for the club, and a time for us as fans to be pulling together rather than bickering or swiping at each other. I'm not saying we haven't got a few things wrong since setting up NUSC, but in someways it's inevitable that we will make mistakes because we've set this thing up from scratch and it has been a big learning curve for a lot of us.

We're not neccesarily saying 'join us now', more come and hear what we have to say, tell us what you think and let us hear what you have to say. This isn't so much about NUSC as about NUFC and where we all as fans go from here, because we can't just sit back and watch this happen. This is about getting a consensus of opinion from NUFC fans across the spectrum.

Part of the reason for having this meeting is so if you've got a problem with some of the statements NUSC has come out with, you can tell us that. We want to iron things out, explain our position, reasons and we really do want to hear what people have to say, because I'm sure we all want a well run, successful club, but sadly we are a million miles away from that.

It's a desperate time for the club, and a time for us as fans to be pulling together rather than bickering or swiping at each other. I'm not saying we haven't got a few things wrong since setting up NUSC, but in someways it's inevitable that we will make mistakes because we've set this thing up from scratch and it has been a big learning curve for a lot of us.

We're not neccesarily saying 'join us now', more come and hear what we have to say, tell us what you think and let us hear what you have to say. This isn't so much about NUSC as about NUFC and where we all as fans go from here, because we can't just sit back and watch this happen. This is about getting a consensus of opinion from NUFC fans across the spectrum.

What can we do that will help make a difference then?

Like I said, I'm sure that you Tom (and others like you), are trying to do the right thing, but then others involved in NUSC are doing things like this: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59590.0.html

There's far too many people like that involved in NUSC, for me to want to have anything to do with it, sorry.

Tom, can you let us know what the NUSC makes of the latest club accounts and in particular what they make of the comments of Richard Slack, principal lecturer in accounting and finance at Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University?

How does the NUSC interpret the account data? Have they revised any of their views on the back of them? If not, why not?

Many thanks in advance.

Guest Brummiemag

Rather than slagging off NUSC all the time, if people have a problem with them why dont they join up and try to change things.

I think its a good thing to have an independent supporters club and I think the statements they have issued generally do relect the views of myself and most of the newcastle fans I attend games with. 

Rather than slagging off NUSC all the time, if people have a problem with them why dont they join up and try to change things.

I think its a good thing to have an independent supporters club and I think the statements they have issued generally do relect the views of myself and most of the newcastle fans I attend games with. 

Cause i don't fancy paying money to join an organisation who's current record is awful

Have a quick scroll up to the top and see that 80% of people on here don't think that NUSC reflects their views.

They've got a tough job on now because their start has been so monumentally awful so far.

That's completely the opposite of what should happen.  If I disagree with the principles of a political party I don't go and join that party.

If NUSC want more members and more fans support then they have to prove that they have the best interests of our club at heart and right now, based on their agenda driven output and a seeming lack of understanding of our situation, they don't