Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

That's pretty amateurish really. I mean seriously, what help do they possibly think they can provide in terms of selling the club? Again they're asking stupid self-important questions, that either can't be answered or won't be answered to them given who they are. They slate the guy and in the next breath expect him to tell them things that no well run club would ever want to make public regardless of how good their relationship was with the fans. Have these people no sense of reality, or understanding of how things work, no sense of perspective, no logic or reasoning?

"SO…….WHERE IS THE MONEY, MR ASHLEY? " - No club is going to come out and tell everyone exactly how much money there is available to spend in the transfer window. We've been moaning about Shepherd doing things like that for ages, yet now that the club is not leaking everything to the press people are pissed off. The window isn't even open yet, for fuck's sake, they're talking like it's already passed and we've spent nothing. Get a grip, stop pissing your pants, calm down, and wait to see what happens, if we spend nothing then by all means be pissed off then, but don't waste your time being pissed about something that hasn't happened yet and might never do so. The reality is you're going to have to wait anyway, because there's no chance this question is going to be answered before February the second, you should have known that already and not asked such a stupid and pointless question.

"SO….WHY WON’T YOU SPEAK TO THE SUPPORTERS OF NEWCASTLE UNITED, MR ASHLEY?" - Same old stupid question as always, why do you fucking think he doesn't speak to you!?! When I say "you" I mean NUSC because that's what this is really about, isn't it, he hasn't spoken to you directly and that pisses you off. He's "spoken" to the supporters in much the same way that every other football club chairman "speaks" to the supporters, through the press and the official club website, but that's not good enough for NUSC for the simple reason that it doesn't stroke it's collective ego enough, or rather the ego of the people "running" it. It doesn't acknowledge your importance enough and how dare he not acknowledge the importance of NUSC!?! A group so important that they have had all of what is it two, three meetings? A group so dedicated their list of achievements includes... ....erm, a website containing a stupid poem and a countdown timer. A group so united that every time the make an announcement it totally contradicts the previous one! Who wouldn't consider such an organisation as hugely important, who wouldn't want to talk to them!?! The club put a lot of effort into establishing links with supporters' groups before all the Keegan stuff kicked off, but that's all gone now. The trust is all gone and that applies both ways.

"SO….WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE ALLEGEDLY INTERESTED IN BUYING THE CLUB, MR ASHLEY? WHAT HAS PUT THEM OFF? " - The fucking huge global recession perhaps? The turmoil surrounding the club, possibly? There's a whole load of obvious reasons why selling a football club might not be so easy at the moment that no-one with half a brain needs Mike Ashley to tell them about. Then there are undoubtedly other issues that no-one with half a brain would expect him to talk about because such things are rightly confidential and he'd be a fool to talk about them in public. Finally, there's a strong possibility that there simply isn't anything for him to say at the moment. Perhaps there are bids in progress, in which case until they have progressed to completion, there's nothing to say. Perhaps there are no bids on the table, in which case, there's nothing to say. So again, this is a stupid and pointless question.

If NUSC wants to ask questions then they need to think about what questions are sensible to ask before asking them. Then they need to think about how they're asking them, posting them on a website is not the right way. Finally, they need to ask themselves the question: should/would Mike Ashley want to tell them what they want to know and work towards a situation where the answer is "yes", because at the moment it's obviously "no".

They also need to do some serious work on themselves, because at the moment I really can't see what benefit they're giving to their members whatsoever. A large scale NUFC supporters' group is a very good idea, but the way it's being done at the moment looks like a bit of a shambles from what I've seen. They can't expect anyone to take them seriously the way things are at the moment, least of all Mike Ashley.

:clap: Well said Indi

When is the supporters club going to stop being a one trick pony and start representing the supporters on other issues surrounding the club, rather than releasing statements about the fact that Mike Ashley won't talk to them?

Thing is though, no supporter's club can really represent everyone all the time, we know from this forum that fans have widely differing views. If I had my way, we would tell Ashley that we'll give him another chance and ask him to stay on... but I doubt everyone else on here would agree with me.

There's very little a supporters club can acheive in terms of the business of the club and multi million pound decisions, they should concern themselves with the day-to-day things that they have a chance to affect.

Mike Ashley has been told he is still not welcome back at St James's Park by Newcastle fans - after their demand for clear-the-air talks was snubbed.

The Sports Direct owner failed to respond to a request from the Newcastle United Supporters Club for a meeting.

Ashley is believed to be preparing for a return to the directors box on match days - he would love to be at St James's Park for Sunday's match against Spurs, a club Ashley has strong links with and has watched as a fan this season.

Ashley, who claimed at the weekend he has "made mistakes", is preparing financially for next season after admitting "no credible" buyer has been found.

It is becoming clear he needs a fresh strategy to build bridges with the Geordie public.

But the NUSC have heard nothing from Ashley several weeks after offering an olive branch of talks - and it has left fans' organisers livid.

The fans group, mobilised after Kevin Keegan was forced out to give the Toon Army a united voice, released a statement yesterday and told Ashley: "The fans have laid off their protests in the hope that Mr Ashley would just go, but here he remains.

"You want to go, we want you to go. Lets start working together on that and then we might just be able to start forgetting all about you. The clock is ticking."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/19/newcastle-fans-still-angry-with-mike-ashley-115875-20981795/

Mike Ashley has been told he is still not welcome back at St James's Park by Newcastle fans - after their demand for clear-the-air talks was snubbed.

The Sports Direct owner failed to respond to a request from the Newcastle United Supporters Club for a meeting.

Ashley is believed to be preparing for a return to the directors box on match days - he would love to be at St James's Park for Sunday's match against Spurs, a club Ashley has strong links with and has watched as a fan this season.

Ashley, who claimed at the weekend he has "made mistakes", is preparing financially for next season after admitting "no credible" buyer has been found.

It is becoming clear he needs a fresh strategy to build bridges with the Geordie public.

But the NUSC have heard nothing from Ashley several weeks after offering an olive branch of talks - and it has left fans' organisers livid.

The fans group, mobilised after Kevin Keegan was forced out to give the Toon Army a united voice, released a statement yesterday and told Ashley: "The fans have laid off their protests in the hope that Mr Ashley would just go, but here he remains.

"You want to go, we want you to go. Lets start working together on that and then we might just be able to start forgetting all about you. The clock is ticking."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/19/newcastle-fans-still-angry-with-mike-ashley-115875-20981795/

Still have no fucking clue what they mean by 'working together' there.  ???

After the 'snub for clear the air talks' (sigh), are they now wanting to work as advisors on how to get the club sold?

Does this spokesman work for Foxtons?

Guest The Libertine

i like the fact that "the clock is ticking" is being used as a threat. what are they going to do if it stops ticking and they still arent impressed? another poem?

the quicker they give up and go away the better for all concerned.

If there's something that p*sses me off more than the sham NUSC organisation, it's lazy journalists who think they have any kind of credibility and quote them for an easy story. Perhaps thats where the £10K or whatever went - bribing journos with free beer !

I think most rational Newcastle fans, having weighed up the present economic situation and possibility of a sale, just want to see some stability and way forward for the club and realise that an interested Ashley welcomed back to SJP may be the best way to achieve that right now.

No quotes from anyone connected with NUSC.

Just a s***-stirring article.

(still don't agree with NUSC's aims though, but fairs fair.)

The quotes they've used are just from that Countdown thing.

Nevertheless, it is in the statements section ('Time Left') on the official site.

Therefore to be fair the article is quoting an official NUSC statement.

The little bit at the bottom is however where in our article does it state hes not welcome back? Nowhere.

The press release we have made is nothing like that one.

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/statement-1912.php

Kn'ell, had a dyslexic moment....for some reason thought that was Ashley!!

The little bit at the bottom is however where in our article does it state hes not welcome back? Nowhere.

The press release we have made is nothing like that one.

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/statement-1912.php

Although that statement talks about a 'clear aim', the only thing that I felt was clear was that your organisation wanted to talk to Ashley. It's not clear at all what you want to say to him, or what contribution you're hoping to make. It talks about 'positive change', without coming up with specific suggestions, unless that still means getting rid of Ashley. It's full of self-pitying waffle.

Sorry, but it's no wonder he's ignoring you.

I have to say I dont see what the problem is with it, its non abusive, non-threatening. Its merely being used to highlight a very serious issue. Maybe on reflection starting the countdown on the 1st January would possibly have made it different but in all honesty I dont see the problem.

Do you not see what we are getting at, that countdown may look nothing at the moment but take a look at it when theres less than a week to go and we've sold players bringing nobody of any note in to replace them and it will look totally different. Realising theres literally days left to sort things out?

I dont think that anyone has asked this question here but if you were sitting on that committee what would you have done? Serious question, if you could now take over the NUSC chair and had total control, what would you do in your first week running it?

The thing I don't see from NUSC is a realisation that there is a world wide recession going on. I'd rather the club wasn't sold in this climate because which reputable body would buy ANYTHING in this climate? If they take that as a fact then what is the next pragmatic step? It certainly shouldn't be putting insulting poems on their website or saying "you have x amount of time to sell the club or else". Ashley's communication policy is non existent but he must think that HIS next step is to buy the players Kinnear wants and not to sell off the best players. Then if climbing up the table starts to happen and we win a couple of FA cup games the mood will change in his favour. If NUSC were to still be going on about a countdown and making daft jokes on their website they would surely lose all credibility.

Ashley must realise now that selling off the players and probably getting relegated is his worst nightmare for selling the club. Maybe, just maybe he has learned a bit of a lesson.

"you have x amount of time to sell the club or else".

Have you actually read the countdown page or are you just making something up to fit in with what you think the crowd are saying? The countdown relates to exactly what you're talking about. It talks about the amount of time there is to turn the club around, explain to the fans and look at renewing contracts and buying players in.

Its not about time to sell or anything like that, we do recognise theres a global recession which is why you'll read stuff on there asking him to talk to the fans and discuss whats needed. Not telling him to just sell up and f**k off. Thats why Ive had many a discussion now with those coming out of the woodwork the other way, slagging us off for "selling out" and "giving in".

I have to say I dont see what the problem is with it, its non abusive, non-threatening. Its merely being used to highlight a very serious issue. Maybe on reflection starting the countdown on the 1st January would possibly have made it different but in all honesty I dont see the problem.

Do you not see what we are getting at, that countdown may look nothing at the moment but take a look at it when theres less than a week to go and we've sold players bringing nobody of any note in to replace them and it will look totally different. Realising theres literally days left to sort things out?

I dont think that anyone has asked this question here but if you were sitting on that committee what would you have done? Serious question, if you could now take over the NUSC chair and had total control, what would you do in your first week running it?

So what do you think it has achieved then, because to me all it seems to have achieved is further distancing yourselves from the supporters of the club who you should be representing.  Out of interest can you give an indication of how many people have signed up in say the last 6 weeks?

First week of running it:

Establish some form of contact with the club (I know for a fact it can be and has been done by others, if done properly)

Stop communicating with the club through the media.

Stop running a campaign of trying to belittle a multi millionaire businessman through the media.  It's not going to get you anywhere.

Replace whoever is cobbling together the press releases.

All in all it's about being professional, which isn't happening the way NUSC are behaving at the minute.  The people running the club at the minute are professional business people, and saying things like

The people “in charge” are willing to let others peddle such nonsense in the hope that it deflects the heat from them.

Those of us who can remember back further than today’s breakfast....we can see what expert business judgement our owner displayed on that occasion.

A recent poll in the local media said 44% of Newcastle fans would be willing to “forgive and forget”. A balanced response from NUSC chairman Malcolm Shiels suggested that view was shared by NUSC. To make it clear THAT IS NOT OUR VIEW.

just makes you look plain stupid tbh.