Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"you have x amount of time to sell the club or else".

Have you actually read the countdown page or are you just making something up to fit in with what you think the crowd are saying? The countdown relates to exactly what you're talking about. It talks about the amount of time there is to turn the club around, explain to the fans and look at renewing contracts and buying players in.

Its not about time to sell or anything like that, we do recognise theres a global recession which is why you'll read stuff on there asking him to talk to the fans and discuss whats needed. Not telling him to just sell up and f**k off. Thats why Ive had many a discussion now with those coming out of the woodwork the other way, slagging us off for "selling out" and "giving in".

What's needed?

Presumably a multi Billionaire with Geordie roots, a deep knowledge of football, a love for the club, a fantastic ability to bring in the best manager, chairman and support team, and who's a great communicator while keeping things under his hat. Oh, and lucky. Very lucky.

Or are there other things you are going to advise him we need, without knowing the state of the market, the club finances, or players and managers intentions to stay or come into the club?

Sorry for being a bit flippant, but lets face it, there is nothing you can tell him that he either doesn't already know or has a more in depth knowledge of why certain things will or will not work. All you are basically wanting is for him to make you feel more involved in a process that is by it's very nature and for good reason, behind closed doors.

I don't see NUSC as a bad thing. There is a need for you to continue to use your power to push for better communication from the board through the club channels or the press, we all want that. It's just not good enough at the moment especially the (genuine or not) random stuff that comes out in the rags. Otherwise focus on supporter concerns that he can deal with, whether that is seating, box office problems, flag days, promoting the good name of the majority, highlighting hard handed policing, pies, whatever. It's just that your main demand, a meeting, is both unreasonable and pointless. If he does choose to meet you after yet another passive agressive statement, he will not be able to allow you the access you want that would make for an educated discussion, and will then get hammered when you feel he was just pandering to you. It's no win.

Just my 2 cents.

Is this article someone from NUSC, Pud? Because they're claiming to be.

http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited/article.php?id=177

I'm no fan of NUSC, but I doubt very much that's from them.

SO……WHY NOT LET US HELP YOU GET WHAT WE BOTH WANT, MR ASHLEY? YOU WANT TO GO, WE WANT YOU TO GO. LETS WORK TOGETHER ON THAT….AND THEN WE MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO START FORGETTING ALL ABOUT YOU

Clearly a 12 year-old on the wind up.

SO……WHY NOT LET US HELP YOU GET WHAT WE BOTH WANT, MR ASHLEY? YOU WANT TO GO, WE WANT YOU TO GO. LETS WORK TOGETHER ON THAT….AND THEN WE MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO START FORGETTING ALL ABOUT YOU

The little 12 year old bastard has hacked their website as well. :angry:

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/countdown2.php

I'd normally agree, but I haven't forgotten the "We don't hate cockneys or any other nationality" comment so I'm just making sure.

WE WANT YOU OUT BUT IF YOU IS STILL HERE JANUARY CAN YOU BY US LOADZ OF NEW PLAYERS?

YOU STILL WONT BE WELCOM AT GAMES LIKE! LOL.

Fuck.  Me.

Looks like I was being harsh on the intellect of 12 year-olds.

"you have x amount of time to sell the club or else".

Have you actually read the countdown page or are you just making something up to fit in with what you think the crowd are saying? The countdown relates to exactly what you're talking about. It talks about the amount of time there is to turn the club around, explain to the fans and look at renewing contracts and buying players in.

Its not about time to sell or anything like that, we do recognise theres a global recession which is why you'll read stuff on there asking him to talk to the fans and discuss whats needed. Not telling him to just sell up and f**k off. Thats why Ive had many a discussion now with those coming out of the woodwork the other way, slagging us off for "selling out" and "giving in".

Yes I have read the page, nowhere does it mention a global recession, it's hostile, it reads like he's not selling the club out of spite. It's poorly written and insulting, and if I was Ashley I wouldn't come a mile to communicate with NUSC.

I quote "SO….WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE ALLEGEDLY INTERESTED IN BUYING THE CLUB, MR ASHLEY? WHAT HAS PUT THEM OFF?"

Maybe the fact that the world's financial markets are in freefall?

What's needed?

Presumably a multi Billionaire with Geordie roots, a deep knowledge of football, a love for the club, a fantastic ability to bring in the best manager, chairman and support team, and who's a great communicator while keeping things under his hat. Oh, and lucky. Very lucky.

Or are there other things you are going to advise him we need, without knowing the state of the market, the club finances, or players and managers intentions to stay or come into the club?

Sorry for being a bit flippant, but lets face it, there is nothing you can tell him that he either doesn't already know or has a more in depth knowledge of why certain things will or will not work. All you are basically wanting is for him to make you feel more involved in a process that is by it's very nature and for good reason, behind closed doors.

I don't see NUSC as a bad thing. There is a need for you to continue to use your power to push for better communication from the board through the club channels or the press, we all want that. It's just not good enough at the moment especially the (genuine or not) random stuff that comes out in the rags. Otherwise focus on supporter concerns that he can deal with, whether that is seating, box office problems, flag days, promoting the good name of the majority, highlighting hard handed policing, pies, whatever. It's just that your main demand, a meeting, is both unreasonable and pointless. If he does choose to meet you after yet another passive agressive statement, he will not be able to allow you the access you want that would make for an educated discussion, and will then get hammered when you feel he was just pandering to you. It's no win.

Just my 2 cents.

That's a good post and probably a good reflection on the current state of affairs, even if it is a bit tongue in cheek.   :thup:

Can I take them to court for miss-representation? This bunch of clowns are as much responsible for the instability at our club as Lambias or Wise or Vetere or Ahsley or whoever, making a parade of all that bollocks that surrounded Keegans departure just reflects badly on the club again and gives the press amunition, these morons should fuck off or at least remove their name as I am a Newcastle United supporter and the only thing they do for me is piss me off by making a bad situation worse.

The NUSC did a very decent thing today soting out a fundraiser for SBR. I think they deserve credit for that at least. It was them who made today remotely a SBR day and they even offered us (Toon Ultras) an opportunity which we could not refuse but could not organise either. They seem to have the correct intentions and I think alot of people are stereotyping them to say "they think they speak for all of us" just because it's what someone thye know says....

How successful was this Bobby Robson Day, then?

Judging by the reaction around me not a lot of people knew about it and the few who did probably half of them only knew as a result of Ashley being accused on ruining it.

A reality check for NUSC, hopefully.

Guest toonlass

How successful was this Bobby Robson Day, then?

Some buckets around the outside of St James to put money in, 4 chants, 3 of "Robson Wonderland" and 1 of "One Bobby Robson", leazes corner and a few brave souls elsewhere twirled their scarves and that was it. Crap, if that is what the "OFFICIAL" supporters club can organise I am giving their Pie and Pea supper a miss like.

I not a member of the NUSC however I thought they did the very best they could today.

NUSC is very much like Toon Ultras in the way it is heavily criticised and the way it openly speaks its mind if that makes sense. People should give them a chance imo.

Guest toonlass

I not a member of the NUSC however I thought they did the very best they could today.

NUSC is very much like Toon Ultras in the way it is heavily criticised and the way it openly speaks its mind if that makes sense. People should give them a chance imo.

If that is their best though they want to give everyone their tenners back. Still not parting with mine until I hear something other than the dogshite that was on Sky Sports News this morning.

Toon Ultras were also criticised to be acting as if they were the spokesperson of the people and apparenl they were causing a divide also, the same sort of shite has been spouted about these NUSC lads and lasses and tbh I think it's more because people are frightened of change or anything new rather than what the groups actually stand for.

Toon Ultras were also criticised to be acting as if they were the spokesperson of the people and apparenl they were causing a divide also, the same sort of shite has been spouted about these NUSC lads and lasses and tbh I think it's more because people are frightened of change or anything new rather than what the groups actually stand for.

That's the whole point though, what do they stand for!?!