Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it coincidence that the person who runs the website, and presumably put that idiotic countdown clock there, is the same person who found it necessary to spend hours of his life hoaxing and disrupting a group of well-meaning Newcastle fans who just happenned to disagree with him?

:lol:

I'd forgotten about that thread you started on TT, absolute genius

Link?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=4691&hl=

Better than I remembered :lol:

:lol: Worse than I remembered (in embarassment stakes)

Always happy to be of service!

The Sir Bobby Day although a very good gesture, welcome and the kind of thing NUSC should be all about, needed a big push months in advance and not weeks to happen in the way we'd all have liked it to have happened. Still the message at least was made and I'm sure Sir Bobby appreciated it and I know I appreciated saying thanks to him before kick-off, which wouldn't have happened had it not been for NUSC so they should be applauded I feel.

It's certainly a fair point, regarding the length of time involved, and we did consider looking at doing it at sometime in February to mark his birthday (I think the Everton game would be the closest to his birthday), which would have given us extra time to plan. But we also had to consider the fact that he is ill and we don't know what the situation is going to be by then. So rather than do nothing at all we decided to do something around Christmas and though that Spurs was a bit too soon in terms of organising, so we went with the Liverpool game.

As for the comments that Michael said about Ashley's announcement ruining the SBR day. I can understand the sentiment. It's annoying that it happened yesterday. Maybe Ashley did do it deliberately (there was plenty of coverage about it, and we had been speaking to the club re the collections and the banner), but then again, maybe it wasn't intentional.

We (NUSC) have said that we wanted Ashley to come out and tell the supporters what the situtaion is. Now it's taken him ages to do it, and maybe it wasn't the best timing, but he has at least now done that.

Personally, what I think needs to happen now is that he needs to make sure that the club gets the money and players that we need during the transfer window, which is something NUSC has been saying for a while. If we don't bring the right/enough players in during January, we really could be in deep trouble, because other teams down there WILL spend and bring players in. If he does that, then it's not all is forgiven, but he's at least moving in the right direction to sorting things out.

I still think NUSC should be cautious of him, but what I don't want us to be is stuck in 'Ashley Out!' mode, regardless of everything. Because we've never (depsite what some may continue to think) been a single-issue group.

It might all come to nothing, but if his comments are the first step of him admitting mistakes, resolving them, running the club properly, listening to the fans etc then we at NUSC have to allow for détente.

The Sir Bobby Day although a very good gesture, welcome and the kind of thing NUSC should be all about, needed a big push months in advance and not weeks to happen in the way we'd all have liked it to have happened. Still the message at least was made and I'm sure Sir Bobby appreciated it and I know I appreciated saying thanks to him before kick-off, which wouldn't have happened had it not been for NUSC so they should be applauded I feel.

It's certainly a fair point, regarding the length of time involved, and we did consider looking at doing it at sometime in February to mark his birthday (I think the Everton game would be the closest to his birthday), which would have given us extra time to plan. But we also had to consider the fact that he is ill and we don't know what the situation is going to be by then. So rather than do nothing at all we decided to do something around Christmas and though that Spurs was a bit too soon in terms of organising, so we went with the Liverpool game.

As for the comments that Michael said about Ashley's announcement ruining the SBR day. I can understand the sentiment. It's annoying that it happened yesterday. Maybe Ashley did do it deliberately (there was plenty of coverage about it, and we had been speaking to the club re the collections and the banner), but then again, maybe it wasn't intentional.

We (NUSC) have said that we wanted Ashley to come out and tell the supporters what the situtaion is. Now it's taken him ages to do it, and maybe it wasn't the best timing, but he has at least now done that.

Personally, what I think needs to happen now is that he needs to make sure that the club gets the money and players that we need during the transfer window, which is something NUSC has been saying for a while. If we don't bring the right/enough players in during January, we really could be in deep trouble, because other teams down there WILL spend and bring players in. If he does that, then it's not all is forgiven, but he's at least moving in the right direction to sorting things out.

I still think NUSC should be cautious of him, but what I don't want us to be is stuck in 'Ashley Out!' mode, regardless of everything. Because we've never (depsite what some may continue to think) been a single-issue group.

It might all come to nothing, but if his comments are the first step of him admitting mistakes, resolving them, running the club properly, listening to the fans etc then we at NUSC have to allow for détente.

I think yesterday's statement is going to make it very hard for you to get rid of that now.

Out of interest, can I ask whether it was a statement that had been constructed by committee members, or just the opinion of the lad who said it.  I'm only asking as it doesn't sound anything like the reaction which was posted on the NUSC website.

I think yesterday's statement is going to make it very hard for you to get rid of that now.

Out of interest, can I ask whether it was a statement that had been constructed by committee members, or just the opinion of the lad who said it.  I'm only asking as it doesn't sound anything like the reaction which was posted on the NUSC website.

As far as I'm aware, SSN just rang Michael up yesterday morning. It wasn't an official statement by us, just Michael's own thoughts.

Jesus, get your head out of your paranoid arse. It was the last home game before the transfer window opens -- an obvious landmark re Ashley's decision to commit or not commit for the medium term. It's a perfectly natural time for him to make his announcement. And why the fuck would he deliberately want to disrupt your little flag day?

If he does start "listening to fans" (from a distance, now, given that the fans he used to stand among told him to fuck off, and he certainly heard that) I hope he doesn't listen to you.

Jesus, get your head out of your paranoid arse. It was the last home game before the transfer window opens -- an obvious landmark re Ashley's decision to commit or not commit for the medium term. It's a perfectly natural time for him to make his announcement. And why the fuck would he deliberately want to disrupt your little flag day?

Which is why I also said the part which I have now put in bold italics. Obviously you missed that part.

And why the fuck would he deliberately want to disrupt your little flag day?

Because he's the master of PR isn't he?

Even if it wasn't deliberate you'd think someone would have said "hang on Mike this may look bad in some quarters" but that would involve either he or any of his lickspittels having the slightest fucking clue what's going on at the club or in the region.

Guest toonlass

Even if it wasn't deliberate you'd think someone would have said "hang on Mike this may look bad in some quarters" but that would involve either he or any of his lickspittels having the slightest fucking clue what's going on at the club or in the region.

To be fair though, the majority of the fans at the game didn't know what was going on yesterday. I am not trying to belittle what was a wonderful idea (poorly executed), but I cannot believe that Mike Ashley thought that the first steps to endear himselves to the fans today was to piss on a parade. I agree with Ozzie on this one.

Even if it wasn't deliberate you'd think someone would have said "hang on Mike this may look bad in some quarters" but that would involve either he or any of his lickspittels having the slightest f***ing clue what's going on at the club or in the region.

Ashley saying that he's taken the club off the market is no big deal, it's a sign of the times.  We're in a global recession and people are not throwing money around like they were 12 months ago.

He's made this known in a club publication on the day of a match so that the fans would see it before the media and he's criticised for it by some and it's stupid.

To be fair though, the majority of the fans at the game didn't know what was going on yesterday. I am not trying to belittle what was a wonderful idea (poorly executed), but I cannot believe that Mike Ashley thought that the first steps to endear himselves to the fans today was to piss on a parade. I agree with Ozzie on this one.

Maybe the publicity was lacking but they'd contacted the club about it so someone there knew.

Guest toonlass

Maybe the publicity was lacking but they'd contacted the club about it so someone there knew.

And they had the batphone to Ashley right? Are they serving big plates of Paranoia with the Guiness in the Irish Club now?

RING RING

Club lackey - Mike, that group that has criticised you non-stop since September, has made banners calling for your head, made press statements about you not speaking to them and them demanding answers has organised a charity day that hardly anyone knows about. Why not piss on their parade and release a press statement saying that you are going to take the club off the market. That will enrage them even further. You know how they think that you should run every detail about running the club past them first.

Mike - http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/123-1.jpg

And they had the batphone to Ashley right?

RING RING

Club lackey - Mike, that group that has criticised you non-stop since September, has made banners calling for your head, made press statements about you not speaking to them and them demanding answers has organised a charity day that hardly anyone knows about. Why not piss on their parade and release a press statement saying that you are going to take the club off the market. That will enrage them even further. You know how they think that you should run every detail about running the club past them first.

No - what I'm getting at is that it highlights how much not hands-on anybody to do with him is. If he didn't know about it then someone at the club should have seen a possible problem - I dunno maybe the club's PR department?

Guest toonlass

And they had the batphone to Ashley right?

RING RING

No - what I'm getting at is that it highlights how much not hands-on anybody to do with him is. If he didn't know about it then someone at the club should have seen a possible problem - I dunno maybe the club's PR department?

To be fair, if Michael Ord hadn't made the ludicrous statement, accusing Ashley of trying to ruin the charity day, then I don't think anyone would have put the two together. I nearly spat my coffee out when he came out with that live on SSN. Speak for yourself Michael, but don't claim you are the voice of the majority pal.

To be fair, if Michael Ord hadn't made the ludicrous statement, accusing Ashley of trying to ruin the charity day, then I don't think anyone would have put the two together. I nearly spat my coffee out when he came out with that live on SSN. Speak for yourself Michael, but don't claim you are the voice of the majority pal.

It's the first thing I though of and when I logged on to all the forums someone else on TT posted the same - that was before I knew anything about an SSN interview.

Of course I completely accept my bias/cynicism.

Guest toonlass

It's the first thing I though of and when I logged on to all the forums someone else on TT posted the same - that was before I knew anything about an SSN interview.

No-one I spoke to mentioned it at all. Funny how life is eh?

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't for one minute think his comments are anything to do with the Sir Bobby Day plans whatsoever as I highly doubt he knew anything about that or even knows who Sir Bobby is.

I'm joking about not knowing who Sir Bobby is of course, for the anti anti-Ashley police ;)

And they had the batphone to Ashley right? Are they serving big plates of Paranoia with the Guiness in the Irish Club now?

RING RING

Did people not hear the announcement before the game about Bobby being the guest of honour or whatever? Or the thousands and thousands of people standing and clapping him? How can the club not know about it in this case?

I cannot believe someone is trying to accuse the club of ruining a charity day by announcing that the club is coming off the market. I just dont know where to start with that.

No-one I spoke to mentioned it at all. Funny how life is eh?

Its an absurd accusation dreamt up by someone with the mental age of a 4 year old.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/22/supporters-club-attacks-fiasco-at-newcastle-72703-22753172/

Supporters club attacks fiasco at Newcastle

Jan 22 2009 by Adam Jupp, Evening Chronicle

The fall of Newcastle United this season is angering fans whose loyalty is being s

DISMAYED by the demise of their beloved club in recent weeks, Toon supporters today hit out.

Newcastle United finds itself dangerously close to the drop zone with only an interim manager, scrapping team-mates and an owner unpopular with fans.

Compounded by a lack of activity in the transfer market, the situation is angering large sections of the Magpies faithful who still turn out in their thousands.

Today, the newly-formed Newcastle United Supporters Club, set up in the wake of Kevin Keegan’s controversial St James’s Park exit, issued a statement outlining their feelings.

Spokesman Michael Ord said: “Anyone who had any doubts regarding the parlous state of Newcastle United only had to watch the farcical second half at Ewood Park on January 17, then glance at the league table, to see that the chickens are well and truly home to roost.

“While other clubs act to improve their squad and pick up points, Newcastle – with just one point from the last four league games – are proving long on talk from the manager and short on action.

“While the playing staff are stretched to the limit, the supporters are perhaps beyond that – fractious arguments between sections of travelling fans at Hull and Blackburn are bad signs, yet almost understandable in the current situation.”

NUSC was formed after Kevin Keegan walked out on the club, blaming transfer policy issues surrounding the appointment of executive director (football) Dennis Wise, vice-president (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez and managing director Derek Llambias.

Joe Kinnear was installed as interim boss, a surprise appointment to most supporters and, following fierce protests after the club’s home defeat to Hull City, owner Mike Ashley announced he wanted to sell the club.

London-based firm Seymour Pierce were instructed to handle the sale but failed to find a buyer, with Ashley flying to Dubai with Wise and co but snubbing a meeting with Sheikhs said to be interested in a deal.

The club was taken off the market and Kinnear’s contract extended until the end of the season. But it is unclear whether he will be given funds in the January transfer window.

Mr Ord added: “Ludicrously, we are still the only visiting side to get a point at Old Trafford this season, and that, placed in the context of our current plight shows the harm done in late August.

“This window closes in two weeks time. We may have enough time to bring in the players we need, we may have enough cash being made available to the manager to do it, we may hold on to our best players through this window. One thing for sure; if we don’t we will be looking at relegation in May.

“How on earth have we been turned into this relegation-haunted laughing stock?”

During the club’s 3-0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers, managed by ex-boss Sam Allardyce, midfielder Joey Barton, recently released from jail, clashed with defender Jose Enrique, with the pair having to be kept apart by teammates.

And this week striker Andy Carroll and want-away winger Charles N’Zogbia reportedly exchanged blows on the training pitch. Both incidents have been played down by the club but dismayed fans further.

Mr Ord said: “It is an indication that tempers are getting very frayed. So for the umpteenth time, we invite Mr Ashley to talk to us. Start by telling us what in the name of God is going on at our football club.’’