Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So a banner compares to any defeat against Sunderland?

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

f*** right off you drama queens.

The others are footballing events. It f***ing happens. You win some and you lose some. It's the reason we love football.

The banner was a disgusting act of childish and clueless mongs

You compared it to quote "close defeats, maulings and bad tactics" - all football things.

I would also say the banner reflected the feelings of most people there.

I compared the low feeling towards these events. Of course it makes me angry to lose against anyone let alone the f***ing mackem c***s!! But that's football! The fans' reaction was disappointing, especially that it went on DURING a football match while the players were ignored.

So it was worse then than the fact 200+ fans didnt turn up for the 1st 15 minutes (including Ultras)? It was worse than Dyer and Bowyer scrapping on national TV? worse than our previous chairman taking the piss out of the fans? Or is it a perceived worse to you because you believe it was an NUSC banner? something that would have been friggin clever unless we had Michael J Fox and a DeLorean on board. Although no doubt you'll attempt to blame the NUSC for some of the things I've mentioned above as well no doubt.

if I get to be your age and my lowest point in football is 3 blokes parading a banner round a stadium then Im either damned lucky or not a Newcastle fan because theres already a thousand things in the last 39 years that sicken me more.

precisely. Too many people used to relative success. High expectation. Shame they don't listen to others and think they know everything.

They also dont spend their time slagging off those that dont fit in with their all singing all dancing view of things on message boards.

I'm not entirely sure you're right with that. :lol:

;)

I think he's, sadly, absolutely correct.

So a banner compares to any defeat against Sunderland?

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

f*** right off you drama queens.

The others are footballing events. It f***ing happens. You win some and you lose some. It's the reason we love football.

The banner was a disgusting act of childish and clueless mongs

You compared it to quote "close defeats, maulings and bad tactics" - all football things.

I would also say the banner reflected the feelings of most people there.

I compared the low feeling towards these events. Of course it makes me angry to lose against anyone let alone the f***ing mackem c***s!! But that's football! The fans' reaction was disappointing, especially that it went on DURING a football match while the players were ignored.

So it was worse then than the fact 200+ fans didnt turn up for the 1st 15 minutes (including Ultras)? It was worse than Dyer and Bowyer scrapping on national TV? worse than our previous chairman taking the piss out of the fans? Or is it a perceived worse to you because you believe it was an NUSC banner? something that would have been friggin clever unless we had Michael J Fox and a DeLorean on board. Although no doubt you'll attempt to blame the NUSC for some of the things I've mentioned above as well no doubt.

if I get to be your age and my lowest point in football is 3 blokes parading a banner round a stadium then Im either damned lucky or not a Newcastle fan because theres already a thousand things in the last 39 years that sicken me more.

With all due respect, and you may have misunderstood my post, but the above is a load of unfounded bollocks. Nowhere did I say that the NUSC was to blame for the banner. It wasn't 3 blokes parading that banner around, it distracted the entire ground, and drew standing ovations and rounds of applause from fans who were understandably upset.

Bowyer and Dyer are two cretinous individuals who are thankfully no longer associated with the club.

Shepherd is a cretin himself, who is thankfully no longer associated with the club.

It's like Benwell Lad said. It hurts more when the damage is done by our own.

aye, Ashley is a lovely bloke and we are much better off with him  :clap:

Do you even know what I'm referring to?

if you are replying to something not in the clip, why didn't you clip it ?

Are you going to delete this because you don't agree with it ?

Dude! not the point! At first I didn't take to the Ultras. At first they seemed to be a group of outspoken charver bairns. All I'm saying is that I respect them for not jumping on the fanzine anti-ashley slagwagon, and concentrating on the team. That's all.

Is that right?

http://www.toonultras.com/

scroll down to the Hull part. Still nowt but support for the team eh? and no ashley bashing.

I have the utmost respect for the Ultras they try and keep the ground going and are going about it the right way. They also dont spend their time slagging off those that dont fit in with their all singing all dancing view of things on message boards.

fair enough. just read that, and I hadn't previously. but still, they haven't made it their life's mission to form a group specifically to boycott pies and beer. they were around before this mess started, and expressed their views, and got on with supporting the team

I find it extremely amazing how NUFC.COM have managed to publish the cringeworthy bollocks of the NUSC almost immediately - all of the time. Then there is a group like Toon Ultras who have been around for a while but struggled to grow, and who have never claimed to give all Newcastle Supporters a collective voice, etc much of a chance.

I'm not completely against the NUSC, I'm just f***ed off at the thought that this is more about getting Ashley out than anything else. Once he is out I doubt they will know what to do or what their next plan of action will be.

Just goes to show, more people are only bothered when the s*** hits the fan, instead of being bothered about the club in the good times as well.

I certaintly don't see people rushing out to make banners, and chanting their heads off outside the ground now, hmmm.....

Honest question, are you against the NUSC because you're genuinely not in favour, or jealous that they're actually getting attention unlike your two-bob organisation?

Sorry like, but this "two-bob organization" has been better spoken during this period of crisis than the NUSC, NUFC.com and all the crummy fanzines put together. They have insisted that only one thing will keep us united and one thing alone, and that is supporting the team 100% on the pitch.

I dont think getting behind the team has been an issue over the last few games either.

No you're right. It hasn't, but that's because the majority of fans have realised that getting behind the lads on the pitch is the only thing they CAN do. The Hull game, start of the second half when the mong banner was going around the ground, with no one paying attention to the play in a quiet SJP was probably the most sickening moment I have felt in my time as a supporter. I can take close defeats, and I can take maulings, and I can take shambolic tactics etc... it's all part of the game. But THAT specific incident I will never see it any other way.

That moment felt like the nadir of my time as a Newcastle supporter too. 

We've had real bad times before but that feeling of no manager, no owner, a dejected team, hostile fans and these opportunists seeing it as their moment to gain attention in such a cringeworthy manner.

and you - and others - support the person responsible for this ?

Incredible.

Actually, there has been far worse, but we won't go there. Its a long time ago now.

I don't support Mike Ashley per se, and I don't think he's gone about the job the way he should have. What I don't support is the sucking on Keegan's cock and absolving him of all blame in this. He has a history of getting into a huff, which is why I have always maintained that the blame cannot rest entirely on Ashley's shoulders until we learn the truth.

Shepherd on the other hand is a cretin. A cretin who has done some great things for the club, and undone them as well, sending us into this downward spiral. So no NE5, not THAT long ago.

Probably the tenth time ive asked this but would anyone from the NUSC like to tell me whats is there specific reasoning behind their actions?

I mean could they (or anyone) tell me who's actually responsible for what occured, specifically speaking? I still havent heard anything substantial enough to justify boycotts and all other nonsense that the NUSC are doing.

It'd be nice for someone to tell me there specific reasons for there actions and what Ashley specifically did wrong?

Probably the tenth time ive asked this but would anyone from the NUSC like to tell me whats is there specific reasoning behind their actions?

I mean could they (or anyone) tell me who's actually responsible for what occured, specifically speaking? I still havent heard anything substantial enough to justify boycotts and all other nonsense that the NUSC are doing.

It'd be nice for someone to tell me there specific reasons for there actions and what Ashley specifically did wrong?

The specific reason is 250+ fans turned up to a public meeting and called for the group to be formed and to take action.

Mob rule then? ???

oh I see, so if theres a vote on here to do something and all but you vote against it then you'll just argue that point then? If the conservatives win the next election then because they had a majority then its mob rule?

what a totally crass and thoughtless statement to make.

Mob rule then? ???

oh I see, so if theres a vote on here to do something and all but you vote against it then you'll just argue that point then? If the conservatives win the next election then because they had a majority then its mob rule?

Perhaps if you answer the question that was asked I'll put a bit more thought into my reply?

Your answer to the question (or lack of it) fits in entirely with what I've said.

I find it extremely amazing how NUFC.COM have managed to publish the cringeworthy bollocks of the NUSC almost immediately - all of the time. Then there is a group like Toon Ultras who have been around for a while but struggled to grow, and who have never claimed to give all Newcastle Supporters a collective voice, etc much of a chance.

I'm not completely against the NUSC, I'm just f***ed off at the thought that this is more about getting Ashley out than anything else. Once he is out I doubt they will know what to do or what their next plan of action will be.

Just goes to show, more people are only bothered when the s*** hits the fan, instead of being bothered about the club in the good times as well.

I certaintly don't see people rushing out to make banners, and chanting their heads off outside the ground now, hmmm.....

Honest question, are you against the NUSC because you're genuinely not in favour, or jealous that they're actually getting attention unlike your two-bob organisation?

Sorry like, but this "two-bob organization" has been better spoken during this period of crisis than the NUSC, NUFC.com and all the crummy fanzines put together. They have insisted that only one thing will keep us united and one thing alone, and that is supporting the team 100% on the pitch.

I dont think getting behind the team has been an issue over the last few games either.

No you're right. It hasn't, but that's because the majority of fans have realised that getting behind the lads on the pitch is the only thing they CAN do. The Hull game, start of the second half when the mong banner was going around the ground, with no one paying attention to the play in a quiet SJP was probably the most sickening moment I have felt in my time as a supporter. I can take close defeats, and I can take maulings, and I can take shambolic tactics etc... it's all part of the game. But THAT specific incident I will never see it any other way.

That moment felt like the nadir of my time as a Newcastle supporter too. 

We've had real bad times before but that feeling of no manager, no owner, a dejected team, hostile fans and these opportunists seeing it as their moment to gain attention in such a cringeworthy manner.

and you - and others - support the person responsible for this ?

Incredible.

Actually, there has been far worse, but we won't go there. Its a long time ago now.

You know, every time you post I imagine you as Smithers and Freddy Shepherd as Mr.Burns.

Mob rule then? ???

Perhaps if you answer the question that was asked I'll put a bit more thought into my reply?

Your answer to the question (or lack of it) fits in entirely with what I've said.

So what is it you're wanting me to say? that we're doing it because Ashley treat KK like s****? because Wise didnt buy the right players? because we have Joe Kinnear as manager?

None of those.

What you are looking for is me to proportion blame between Ashley and Keegan, simple fact is that its nothing to do with that, its not about KK or who we bought in the Summer. Its about the fact that this club is going rapidly to the dogs and nothing is being done to counter it.

I dont care if Keegan was 100% at fault for the past, what Im interested in is the future which currently looks non existant.

The specific reason is 250+ fans turned up to a public meeting and called for the group to be formed and to take action.

No no no, the group needs a reason to act out its agenda. What is it? What specific evidence is there that to justify your actions?

Do you even have a substantial platform of evidence to back up your actions?

Mob rule then? ???

So what is it you're wanting me to say? that we're doing it because Ashley treat KK like s****? because Wise didnt buy the right players? because we have Joe Kinnear as manager?

None of those.

What you arfe looking for is me to proportion blame between Ashley and Keegan, simple fact is that its nothing to do with that, its not about KK or who we bought in the Summer. Its about the fact that this club is going rapidly to the dogs and nothing is being done to counter it.

I dont care if Keegan was 100% at fault for the past, what Im interested in is the future which currently looks non existant.

So the club is "going to the dogs" and you think the rational repsonse to try and force a change of ownership and cause even more turmoil and unstability?

I fail to see what im missing?

EDIT: so you dont know whats gone on yet you protest agaisnt the one man who could change things even if you dont know if he's the one thats caused the problems.

Find out who's done wrong THEN act aginst them. Thats usually how the world works.

Mob rule then? ???

So what is it you're wanting me to say? that we're doing it because Ashley treat KK like shite? because Wise didnt buy the right players? because we have Joe Kinnear as manager?

None of those.

What you arfe looking for is me to proportion blame between Ashley and Keegan, simple fact is that its nothing to do with that, its not about KK or who we bought in the Summer. Its about the fact that this club is going rapidly to the dogs and nothing is being done to counter it.

Thanks. That's all I wanted. An answer. Not wanting you to say this, or wanting you to say that. I just wanted an answer that was either yours / NUSC's.

Nothing there though to justify the actions that are being taken currently or suggested for the future.

Can I just say thanks to those who have backed up the Toon Ultras since my initial quote which sparked off the discussion.

Just to reitterate what some of you have already said really;

I would be the first to admit, members of the Toon Ultra forums, including myself, have in the past been very critical of other forums, other forum members and other fans who aren't in our mindset. However, I think over the course of the last 6months in particular, the "Ultras" mindset has completely changed. I don't think I ever really see members of our site post abusive or patronising posts about other fans on here anymore, and I think a lot of us are trying to work with members of this forum and not against them.

So for people to try and use that as an excuse to dislike us I think is fairly unreasonable, and hypocritical considering you are doing exactly the same thing....patronising and frowning upon those who want to follow their Newcastle United in a different manner.

The next point is about that whole pushing down stairs malarky. I wonder how many of you were actually there? How many actually seen this take place? How many know the actual story? I for one don't and i'll happily admit that. On the other hand, it's one mans word against anothers. Funnily enough though people who I assume are as clueless about that event as I am have also used that as an excuse. Even if it was true, then the actions of ONE member of our site is hardly enough to stereotype us on when we have about 50lads (and lasses) now who regularly attend fixtures, and the majority of them 'core' members sit in the singing section.

3rd Point; the whole Ashley out, Keegan is the messiah sort of actions and opinions displayed on our main page was initially a case of that's what the majority of members believed on our forums. However, if you were to look beyond the obvious you would also find an article on the homepage, or within our archived (if you like) articles, written by myself sharing a different opinion about it all. See here:

http://www.toonultras.com/index.php?view=article&catid=39%3Atoon-ultras-news&id=118%3Athe-keegan-saga-hull-city-h&option=com_content&Itemid=65

In addition to the whole Ashley thing, I believe an NUSC banner was placed in between ours, saying "Taxi for Ashley". If i'm totally honest I even said on the day that that was s*** craic, because it portrayed it as if we were the ones backing it. Well i'm sorry but I wanted nowt to do with that that day, so the NUSC pissed me off their. However, that may have been the actions and plans of only a few, so I would be a hypocrit to stereotype them all for that.

I don't want to sound too much like I am blowing the "Ultra" trumpet, but Level 7 of the Leazes was where a lot of the Ultras used to be situated and stood. Likeminded fans bought tickets on general sale and joined them. Eventually 2 blocks were standing and singing and constantly being told to sit down. Some of you may remember me posting a full portfolio up for you lot to check some time back, probably about a year ago. Well I personally believe that helped give a little push towards the creation of a singing section also, as well as all the fans in Level 7, whom many were probably not members of the Toon Ultra site.

In the singing section who is starting the new songs? Where were these created? The majority are started by members of the Toon Ultra site, and are songs made on our forums. Fair enough our banners have been fairly non existent recently, but we're making the noise and have done since the first game of the season. The Ultras are massively in the minority even in the new singing section, and tbh the likeminded fans are making the difference, but why did they go their in the first place? A number of them would be because they know who will sing, shout and bawl constantly.

We are probably on better terms with the club than any of the other fanzines and sites atm, and that may amaze you, but I would actually stand by that. Why? Because despite our opinions as a group or as individuals, we have been the ones to stick our necks out and do what we as a group were made to do.

We're getting articles in The Mag on a regular basis, True Faith have mentioned us a few times, The Club know our aims and goals and appreciate them and try to help us, and on here alot of you are starting to show us the same respect we have began to show you. I guess some of you will never be won over though, and I guess that's something I will have to accept.

We aren't superfans, we aren't the voice for all Newcastle fans, we just want people to either accept us, appreciate us, or join us.

Cheers once again to those who backed me up, it's the first time I have read this thread since I last posted.

Onwards and Upwards! For everything that is positive and Newcastle United related!

P.S. Sorry for the essay.

Can I just say thanks to those who have backed up the Toon Ultras since my initial quote which sparked off the discussion.

I would be the first to admit, members of the Toon Ultra forums, including myself, have in the past been very critical of other forums, other forum members and other fans who aren't in our mindset. However, I think over the course of the last 6months in particular, the "Ultras" mindset has completely changed. I don't think I ever really see members of our site post abusive or patronising posts about other fans on here anymore, and I think a lot of us are trying to work with members of this forum and not against them.

So for people to try and use that as an excuse to dislike us I think is fairly unreasonable, and hypocritical considering you are doing exactly the same thing....patronising and frowning upon those who want to follow their Newcastle United in a different manner.

The next point is about that whole pushing down stairs malarky. I wonder how many of you were actually there? How many actually seen this take place? How many know the actual story? I for one don't and i'll happily admit that. On the other hand, it's one mans word against anothers. Funnily enough though people who I assume are as clueless about that event as I am have also used that as an excuse. Even if it was true, then the actions of ONE member of our site is hardly enough to stereotype us on when we have about 50lads (and lasses) now who regularly attend fixtures, and the majority of them 'core' members sit in the singing section.

3rd Point; the whole Ashley out, Keegan is the messiah sort of actions and opinions displayed on our main page was initially a case of that's what the majority of members believed on our forums. However, if you were to look beyond the obvious you would also find an article on the homepage, or within our archived (if you like) articles, written by myself sharing a different opinion about it all. See here:

http://www.toonultras.com/index.php?view=article&catid=39%3Atoon-ultras-news&id=118%3Athe-keegan-saga-hull-city-h&option=com_content&Itemid=65

In addition to the whole Ashley thing, I believe an NUSC banner was placed in between ours, saying "Taxi for Ashley". If i'm totally honest I even said on the day that that was s*** craic, because it portrayed it as if we were the ones backing it. Well i'm sorry but I wanted nowt to do with that that day, so the NUSC pissed me off their. However, that may have been the actions and plans of only a few, so I would be a hypocrit to stereotype them all for that.

I don't want to sound too much like I am blowing the "Ultra" trumpet, but Level 7 of the Leazes was where a lot of the Ultras used to be situated and stood. Likeminded fans bought tickets on general sale and joined them. Eventually 2 blocks were standing and singing and constantly being told to sit down. Some of you may remember me posting a full portfolio up for you lot to check some time back, probably about a year ago. Well I personally believe that helped give a little push towards the creation of a singing section also, as well as all the fans in Level 7, whom many were probably not members of the Toon Ultra site.

In the singing section who is starting the new songs? Where were these created? The majority are started by members of the Toon Ultra site, and are songs made on our forums. Fair enough our banners have been fairly non existent recently, but we're making the noise and have done since the first game of the season. The Ultras are massively in the minority even in the new singing section, and tbh the likeminded fans are making the difference, but why did they go their in the first place? A number of them would be because they know who will sing, shout and bawl constantly.

We are probably on better terms with the club than any of the other fanzines and sites atm, and that may amaze you, but I would actually stand by that. Why? Because despite our opinions as a group or as individuals, we have been the ones to stick our necks out and do what we as a group were made to do.

We're getting articles in The Mag on a regular basis, True Faith have mentioned us a few times, The Club know our aims and goals and appreciate them and try to help us, and on here alot of you are starting to show us the same respect we have began to show you. I guess some of you will never be won over though, and I guess that's something I will have to accept.

We aren't superfans, we aren't the voice for all Newcastle fans, we just want people to either accept us, appreciate us, or join us.

Cheers once again to those who backed me up, it's the first time I have read this thread since I last posted.

Onwards and Upwards! For everything that is positive and Newcastle United related!

Good stuff. :thup:

Guest toonlass

:clap:

• 3 weeks later...

I am loathe to suggest any type of upheaval while the team is getting relatively good results, but if it gets to January and Ashley hasn't sold and we start selling players of any value rather than getting rid of players that no one wants, it might be the time for NUSC to start flexing their muscle.

Until now, we have been given the impression Ashley is doing everything he can to sell the club - except drop the price to a reasonable figure. If he's not prepared to do that, or plough funds into the team then NUSC will have been proven right and for me it's open season on Mike Ashley after the New Year. He's got till the end of the Jan transfer window.