Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the last protest went stunningly well. the next one can surely only cripple us further.

We are crippling ourselves unless we are serious about either selling the club or running it properly with some reasonable investment. If either of those should come to pass by January then I don't see any need for protest.

If not...well then Mike Ashley can go fuck himself tbh. If he wants to hang around and watch the club bleed to death he will deserve everything that comes his way.

Guest The Libertine

the last protest went stunningly well. the next one can surely only cripple us further.

We are crippling ourselves unless we are serious about either selling the club or running it properly with some reasonable investment. If either of those should come to pass by January then I don't see any need for protest.

If not...well then Mike Ashley can go fuck himself tbh. If he wants to hang around and watch the club bleed to death he will deserve everything that comes his way.

care to elaborate?

Maybe Mike Ashley is waiting till January to sell all the players Keegan wouldn't let him sell and bringin all the players Keegan wouldn't let him buy.

If this proves to be a success he will then stay!

:laugh:

care to elaborate?

I don't know at this stage but if you want a stab in the dark it could be more vocal protests....or possibly a bouquet of crysanthemums and roses.

Maybe Mike Ashley is waiting till January to sell all the players Keegan wouldn't let him sell and bringin all the players Keegan wouldn't let him buy.

I'm glad you find it funny.

Chill out. I seriously doubt we will be selling any players who are useful to us.

I think we will just bring in some loans like Kinnear has said.

I would love it if we managed to shift Alan Smith though. Would have no problems with that at all.

I guess we'll see if that was ever really the case in January then.

Chill out. I seriously doubt we will be selling any players who are useful to us.

I would love it if we managed to shift Alan Smith though. Would have no problems with that at all.

bearing in mind the the whole squad were allegedly up for sale at the end of the last  transfer window i fully expect Ashley to sell anyone who we get a decent bid for!

My own personal opinion is if Ashley is in charge of NUFC at the start of the year we will be relegated.  He will sell players and anyone coming in will be unproven youngsters.

bearing in mind the the whole squad were allegedly up for sale at the end of the last  transfer window i fully expect Ashley to sell anyone who we get a decent bid for!

My own personal opinion is if Ashley is in charge of NUFC at the start of the year we will be relegated.   He will sell players and anyone coming in will be unproven youngsters.

The whole squad wasn't all "Up for Sale" though. Keegan himself even admitted though that, "Everyone has a price".

I am loathe to suggest any type of upheaval while the team is getting relatively good results, but if it gets to January and Ashley hasn't sold and we start selling players of any value rather than getting rid of players that no one wants, it might be the time for NUSC to start flexing their muscle.

Until now, we have been given the impression Ashley is doing everything he can to sell the club - except drop the price to a reasonable figure. If he's not prepared to do that, or plough funds into the team then NUSC will have been proven right and for me it's open season on Mike Ashley after the New Year. He's got till the end of the Jan transfer window.

Well, this is something NUSC is concerned about. We've been told several times that something will be have been decided/everything will be clearer by a certain date. We've got to that date and absolutely nothing has happened. It's a massive worry because we're being lied to and we're five weeks away from the transfer window opening. We're probably not going to be in the hands of new owners, unless things start happening quickly (which I admit is possible). We don't know if Ashley is going to provide some funds if he is still the owner. I'll say that I'm genuinely frightened by the prospect of January because we need new faces in, we have important players whose futures are very very uncertain and could leave in January. We're already right in the thick of a relegation battle and other clubs will use January to strengthen their squads. Meanwhile we're completely in the dark as to what's happening and I'm very concerned.

I am loathe to suggest any type of upheaval while the team is getting relatively good results, but if it gets to January and Ashley hasn't sold and we start selling players of any value rather than getting rid of players that no one wants, it might be the time for NUSC to start flexing their muscle.

Until now, we have been given the impression Ashley is doing everything he can to sell the club - except drop the price to a reasonable figure. If he's not prepared to do that, or plough funds into the team then NUSC will have been proven right and for me it's open season on Mike Ashley after the New Year. He's got till the end of the Jan transfer window.

Well, this is something NUSC is concerned about. We've been told several times that something will be have been decided/everything will be clearer by a certain date. We've got to that date and absolutely nothing has happened. It's a massive worry because we're being lied to and we're five weeks away from the transfer window opening. We're probably not going to be in the hands of new owners, unless things start happening quickly (which I admit is possible). We don't know if Ashley is going to provide some funds if he is still the owner. I'll say that I'm genuinely frightened by the prospect of January because we need new faces in, we have important players whose futures are very very uncertain and could leave in January. We're already right in the thick of a relegation battle and other clubs will use January to strengthen their squads. Meanwhile we're completely in the dark as to what's happening and I'm very concerned.

Tom what do you think should happen if there are no buyers interested even at a "reasonable" price?

Tom what do you think should happen if there are no buyers interested even at a "reasonable" price?

That is a very good question, and a tricky one to answer.

This is just my personal opinion and NOT any official position of NUSC, but I suppose the only thing I can think of would be to continue with trying to get a dialogue with Ashley (which we have been trying to do) and basically keeping awareness of the situation going.

If that situation arises, there maybe other things we could do - the committee would probably have a chat about some ideas as to what we could do, and we'd raise it at the general members meetings as well and see what the consensus of the members was.

But unless/until we get into that position, it's hard to say what line should be taken.

This is just my personal opinion and NOT any official position of NUSC, but I suppose the only thing I can think of would be to continue with trying to get a dialogue with Ashley (which we have been trying to do) and basically keeping awareness of the situation going.

If that situation arises, there maybe other things we could do - the committee would probably have a chat about some ideas as to what we could do, and we'd raise it at the general members meetings as well and see what the consensus of the members was.

But unless/until we get into that position, it's hard to say what line should be taken.

NUSC should be discussing it now tbh.

Good reply.

It's something that we need to consider, I agree.

:thup:

I just think everyone needs to take a step back & realise that the current lot may be here a while yet & have a plan for working together.

Ashley could quite easily come out tomorrow & say there's no realistic hope of a sale in the short term & there needs to be something in place to ensure some sort of relationship exists for the good of the club.

I just think everyone needs to take a step back & realise that the current lot may be here a while yet & have a plan for working together.

Ashley could quite easily come out tomorrow & say there's no realistic hope of a sale in the short term & there needs to be something in place to ensure some sort of relationship exists for the good of the club.

Well, one of the things we're trying to is to ask what's going on - sale or not. Basically we feel that as supporters we (and by that I mean all NUFC fans not just NUSC) have a right to know what the situation is.

Well, one of the things we're trying to is to ask what's going on - sale or not. Basically we feel that as supporters we (and by that I mean all NUFC fans not just NUSC) have a right to know what the situation is.

If he came out and said what was happening, would you believe him? ???

(not being arsey btw.)

(not being arsey btw.)

No.

(not being arsey btw.)

No.

Begs the question - if whatever he says is going to be considered as lies, what's the point in demanding to know what's going on? Whatever he says is going to be dismissed as shite. ???

(not being arsey btw.)

No.

Begs the question - if whatever he says is going to be considered as lies, what's the point in demanding to know what's going on? Whatever he says is going to be dismissed as shite. ???

I agree. I don't trust anything that cowboy says. Although I can see why they would want to speak to him.

If that is the case, it is Ashley who needs to build bridges and I'm not talking about a cheap stunts like buying the beers.  The communications issue has been ignored completely, especially the invisible Managing Director.  Ashley has tarred all fans with the thug brush and the small bit of news coming about deadlines has been a joke.  I dont expect to hear all the detail about what they are doing, but I doubt there is much hope at all of selling the club in the near future.  I cant see dialogue improving and there is likely to be a host of out of contract players leaving an already flimsy squad.  

(not being arsey btw.)

No.

I agree. I don't trust anything that cowboy says. Although I can see why they would want to speak to him.

Why though? What's the point?

They don't like him. They don't trust him. They want him out asap. They think everything he says is lies/spin/bullshit.

Why even bother?