Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Darth Toon

If it was a simple issue of right and wrong it would have come out by now - there's obviously shades of grey and to me for a Newcastle fan to instinctively back a local legend over a virtual unknown businessman is perfectly understandable.

If it was a simple issue of right and wrong it would have come out by now - there's obviously shades of grey and to me for a Newcastle fan to instinctively back a local legend over a virtual unknown businessman is perfectly understandable.

................................. but not necessarily correct.

................................. but not necessarily correct.

Which is the issue I'm most interested in.

For all you know, Keegan could be 100% responsible for what transpired, good chance of it being the case, Keegan could be responsible for our lack of acivity this window, its all a possilbity but all i hear is faint patter about his accountability becasue "he's a foo-kin ledge, lyke".

Like i say, people want Ashley's head, and they dont know why.

Judge, Jury and Executioner yet you have no evidence - all you have is the fact that "serial quitter" Kevin Keegan has quit again and that must therefore mean that the board have royally fucked up.

No we also have various members of the board room contradicting themselves/each other on what Keegan's position was at the club  Which means they either lied about his position in the first place or moved the goal posts.

It seems some people have incredibly short memories if this kind of thing is being forgotten already ???

It wasnt an insult, it was a fact, you genuinely dont know enough about what happened at the club to form a rational argument. 

People have decided upon an action without even knowing the full craic. Its embarressing.

For all you know, Keegan could be 100% responsible for what transpired, good chance of it being the case, Keegan could be responsible for our lack of acivity this window, its all a possilbity but all i hear is faint patter about his accountability becasue "he's a foo-kin ledge, lyke".

Like i say, people want Ashley's head, and they dont know why.

Judge, Jury and Executioner yet you have no evidence - all you have is the fact that "serial quitter" Kevin Keegan has quit again and that must therefore mean that the board have royally f***ed up.

I dont know if they have, or havent but being a logical person ill sit back and find out what happned before saying someon is wrong and therefore needs to go.

No we also have various members of the board room contradicting themselves/each other on what Keegan's position was at the club  Which means they either lied about his position in the first place or moved the goal posts.

Poor Keegan, good job he didnt lie as well....oh wait.

Still that is substantial, you are right Ashley should leave becasue of that. I want to know who was responsible, and i want them to fuck off.

Now who's making assumptions?  We don't know if Keegan has lied at all or if he did then to what extent.  After all if the goal posts were moved then he may not have been lying at all.  He might never have been told he was in full control and he may have backed the boards words because he was promised certain transfers, who knows this is just guess work now.  We do however know that the likes of Wise and Ashley have lied big time, because they were stupid enough to contradict there own words earlier in the year.

Guest The Libertine

Now who's making assumptions?  We don't know if Keegan has lied at all or if he did then to what extent.  We do however know that the likes of Wise and Ashley have lied big time, because they were stupid enough to contradict there own words earlier in the year.

keegan has also done that just as much.

Now who's making assumptions?  We don't know if Keegan has lied at all or if he did then to what extent.  We do however know that the likes of Wise and Ashley have lied big time, because they were stupid enough to contradict there own words earlier in the year.

When, where?  Nobody is truthful all the time, but I don't remember him contradicting himself on such a big issue.  I mean he obviously said he was in control of transfers and then said he left because he felt he couldn't manage without full control.  But that could point towards a policy change or interfering from the board late in the window.  Of course it might not be that but its not conclusive unlike the comments from the board room.

Guest The Libertine

When, where?  Nobody is truthful all the time, but I don't remember him contradicting himself on such a big issue.  I mean he obviously said he was in control of transfers and then said he left because he felt he couldn't manage without full control.  But that could point towards a policy change or interfering from the board late in the window.  Of course it might not be that but its not conclusive unlike the comments from the board room.

"On Monday, Keegan said he was "reluctant to tell all I know because I really do not know everything" about Wise's role but insisted he was "very happy" with the situation.

However, Keegan's comments seem to contradict the opinion he gave to BBC One's Inside Sport last October, when he said he felt that kind of structure is unworkable.

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it. "The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

see sig for a few more  :thup:

"On Monday, Keegan said he was "reluctant to tell all I know because I really do not know everything" about Wise's role but insisted he was "very happy" with the situation.

However, Keegan's comments seem to contradict the opinion he gave to BBC One's Inside Sport last October, when he said he felt that kind of structure is unworkable.

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it. "The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

Keegan didnt know everything about Wise's role but how do we know Kevin wasnt told "that whatever Dennis does, he is completely under your control and he isnt in any way a threat to you" or perhaps "Dennis role doesnt infringe on the 1st team at all" ?

If that was the case he would have no need to be anything other than happy and he certainly wouldnt be contradicting the Allardyce comparison.

Your as guilty of making assumptions as anyone else.

Guest The Libertine

Keegan didnt know everything about Wise's role but how do we know Kevin wasnt told "that whatever Dennis does, he is completely under your control and he isnt in any way a threat to you" or perhaps "Dennis role doesnt infringe on the 1st team at all" ?

If that was the case he would have no need to be anything other than happy and he certainly wouldnt be contradicting the Allardyce comparison.

"Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team."

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term"

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

pretty clear imo.

"Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team."

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term"

pretty clear imo.

Big can of worms you've opened up just there. Expect this to be ignored mind.

Guest Darth Toon

Keegan misled the fans with what he said.  The club also misled the fans with what they said.

Simple as that.

I would agree that's probably a pretty fair assessment.

Question then becomes, what were the motives of the respective parties for doing so?

Keegan saying he was happy with the situation at the time doesn't neccesarily contradict what he said about Directors of Football. He may have been told that Wise's title was little more then a title and he was not going to be in overall control of Footballing matters.  He may not have been of course but the point its not a direct contradiction and certainly can't be called lies.  What is a direct contradiction is saying that Keegan is in full control of first team including transfers and then later saying he was never in control of transfers.

Guest Darth Toon

Keegan misled the fans with what he said.  The club also misled the fans with what they said.

Simple as that.

Question then becomes, what were the motives of the respective parties for doing so?

Misleading the fans. :dontknow:

Well you have a few options as far as I can see:

- Wanting the fans to think everything is OK even though it isn't because you feel confident you can sort it out

- A prior agreement, formal or otherwise, not to share the inner workings of the club with any outside parties

- Not giving a shit what the fans think

- All of the above

Simple as that.

Towing the company line  :dontknow:

Simple as that.

Towing the company line  :dontknow:

I don't think Keegan would do that.

pretty clear imo.

How do first team transfers not relate to the first team then?  Sorry but to me those comments are pretty clearly saying that Keegan makes all final decisions relating to the first team which would include transfers and that Wise merely helps to finalise the deals.  Wise himself said something similar around the same time.

pretty clear imo.

How do first team transfers not relate to the first team then?  Sorry but to me those comments are pretty clearly saying that Keegan makes all final decisions relating to the first team which would include transfers and that Wise merely helps to finalise the deals.  Wise himself said something similar around the same time.

Selective reading. You can't get much clearer than "Dennis Wise will assist the board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment.