Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"developing...the first team squad" could quite feasibly mean bringing transfers in. that's not clear cut. thankfully dennis wise took the time to clarify such matters for us.

or "developing the squad" by bringing young players through, getting new players playing well, old players playing well again etc.

Thanks for backing up my point that the statement you quoted can be interpreted in a variety of ways and isn't clear cut. how nice of you to argue against your own position.

thankfully wise's statement is more clear.

which is my entire point. nobody knows what has happened fully other than the few people involved. so why is keegan the hero and ashley and his team the villains?

nobody has answered that yet in any respectable way.

Human emotion is the best way to answer that.

Rational : No

Understandable: Yes.

Also, a Keegan statement just after we'd sold Milner when he said something along the lines of "everybody has a price", has been twisted into "Ashley has put every player up for sale".

No that was people like Barton telling SSN what was going on and plenty other media sources - were they all in Keegan's thrall?

"developing...the first team squad" could quite feasibly mean bringing transfers in. that's not clear cut. thankfully dennis wise took the time to clarify such matters for us.

or "developing the squad" by bringing young players through, getting new players playing well, old players playing well again etc.

Thanks for backing up my point that the statement you quoted can be interpreted in a variety of ways and isn't clear cut. how nice of you to argue against your own position.

which is my entire point. nobody knows what has happened fully other than the few people involved. so why is keegan the hero and ashley and his team the villains?

Because of what Kevin Keegan has done for Newcastle United.

If you at least don't acknowledge and understand that then I know I shouldn't really say this but honestly don't know how you can call yourself a fan.

Before anyone says it Ashley has done nothing for the club - if he gets his asking price he will have not put a penny in and will have fact profited - why should I believe a man who has done fuck all?

Back Keegan or you're not a fan, I've seen it all now.

Can anyone point at any statement made by Ashley et al which was actually true?

Can anyone point at any statement made by Keegan which was actually true?

Works both ways, and I still think both are as much at fault as each other.

"A manager should not have players forced upon him" is a good start.

I also remember no blatant lies - even the Milner sale could be taken as true in the context of the money being promised.

Keegan said: "He is the last player that Newcastle United want to sell, and I'm talking about the owner and myself, James Milner won't be leaving here, I'm sure of that."

Lies :nods:

:lol: or playing villa to get a higher fee. managers do that all the time.

either way, i'd hardly say its the same as lying about bringing in someone whose job will undermine the manager's, or going back on what was initially said by changing the roles.

If you at least don't acknowledge and understand that then I know I shouldn't really say this but honestly don't know how you can call yourself a fan.

Before anyone says it Ashley has done nothing for the club - if he gets his asking price he will have not put a penny in and will have fact profited - why should I believe a man who has done fuck all?

Eh?

I also remember no blatant lies - even the Milner sale could be taken as true in the context of the money being promised.

Keegan said: "He is the last player that Newcastle United want to sell, and I'm talking about the owner and myself, James Milner won't be leaving here, I'm sure of that."

If every manager who "lies" like that is called to book none would be left. Absolutely pathetic.

1. You asked for a Keegan "lie"

2. I gave you one

3. You said "Oh that one doesn't count"

:lol:

Nobody knows. Which is your point I'm sure.

I know he didn't put £20m a year into the pot above club income.

I know he hasn't cleared all the debts (outstanding transfers remain).

Didn't keith Harris say the club is debt free?

Yes but added that transfer fee payments remain.

If every manager who "lies" like that is called to book none would be left. Absolutely pathetic.

2. I gave you one

Does it compare with Ashley's diatribe of bullshit statement?

Nobody knows. Which is your point I'm sure.

I know he didn't put £20m a year into the pot above club income.

I know he hasn't cleared all the debts (outstanding transfers remain).

Didn't keith Harris say the club is debt free?

Yes but added that transfer fee payments remain.

I must of missed that one.

Guest The Libertine

"nostalgia > now" apparently. i was as happy as anyone during the entertainers days but they were nearly 13 years ago.

as i said a few months ago, almost everyone was happy with ashley before keegan quit and now he's "done fuck all" in his time here. two words, "almost leeds".

No - what I said is that if people can't appreciate why Keegan should get any benefit of doubt going then they aren't a fan - I stand by that.

"nostalgia > now" apparently. i was as happy as anyone during the entertainers days but they were nearly 13 years ago.

as i said a few months ago, almost everyone was happy with ashley before keegan quit and now he's "done fuck all" in his time here. two words, "almost leeds".

One word on the Leeds thing - "bullshit".

2. I gave you one

2. I gave you one

4. You said yeah but Ashley's lies were worse.

Incidentally, what has Ashley personally lied about?

2. I gave you one

2. I gave you one

The £20m

Being a football fan yet having no team (who starts going at 23 to the world cup of all things)

Buying the club to enjoy himself when he bought it to make profit.

Kevin Keegan having final say on transfers

plenty of people were skeptical about ashley and were giving him the transfer window to prove himself, which he did, though sadly in the wrong way.

Guest The Libertine

One word on the Leeds thing - "bullshit".

i remember seeing quite a few references to this earlier this year. f**** s******* spending all the sponsorship money before we had it, lack of european football, high wages/transfer fees etc.

Guest The Libertine

plenty of people were skeptical about ashley and were giving him the transfer window to prove himself, which he did, though sadly in the wrong way.

i doubt it was "plenty" but it definitely wasnt all the people who wanted him out after keegan left. scapegoat + kneejerk and all that.

2. I gave you one

2. I gave you one

The £20m

Being a football fan yet having no team (who starts going at 23 to the world cup of all things)

Buying the club to enjoy himself when he bought it to make profit.

Kevin Keegan having final say on transfers

£20m -we'll never know now

Being a football fan yet having no team (who starts going at 23 to the world cup of all things) - what??!!

Buying the club to enjoy himself when he bought it to make profit. - He seemed to be enjoying humself til Keegan walked

Kevin Keegan having final say on transfers - he said this where?

i doubt it was "plenty" but it definitely wasnt all the people who wanted him out after keegan left. scapegoat + kneejerk and all that.

because people weren't aware there was such a big problem behind the scenes until the keegan fiasco blew up. they're hardly going to have an opinion on an event before it happens.

Guest The Libertine

because people weren't aware there was such a big problem behind the scenes until the keegan fiasco blew up. they're hardly going to have an opinion on an event before it happens.

they soon formed one and stuck with it despite not knowing anything though.

To be fair there was loads of speculation in the press as to the disputes behind the scenes this summer. They turned out to be totally correct. It remains to be seen who told tales....

"We want Ashley's head but we dont know why".

Making it so the manager felt his position was untenable, lying to the fans, piss poor communication ever since Mort left, failure to back his manager's to sufficient levels in transfer windows. There's some for you.

Mate, your absolutely clueless. I dont know why you even bother.

Clueless aye of course I am. I'm glad you found my post that clueless that you can't even respond to it without resorting to petty insults.

johnnypd has addressed my points, if you disagree with them then state why.

It wasnt an insult, it was a fact, you genuinely dont know enough about what happened at the club to form a rational argument. 

People have decided upon an action without even knowing the full craic. Its embarressing.

For all you know, Keegan could be 100% responsible for what transpired, good chance of it being the case, Keegan could be responsible for our lack of acivity this window, its all a possilbity but all i hear is faint patter about his accountability becasue "he's a foo-kin ledge, lyke".

Like i say, people want Ashley's head, and they dont know why.

Judge, Jury and Executioner yet you have no evidence - all you have is the fact that "serial quitter" Kevin Keegan has quit again and that must therefore mean that the board have royally fucked up.

I dont know if they have, or havent but being a logical person ill sit back and find out what happned before saying someon is wrong and therefore needs to go.

johnnypd pretty much address all of the points mentioned. Yet you have ignored each and everyone of them.

as chairman ashley is ultimately responsible for the state of the club so whatever the fine details this reflects very badly on him.

as for keegan, wise, llambias, i think people are seeing that keegan has left and assuming he had a pretty good reason for doing this. if the board were interfering in transfers, which looks to be the case given petulant nufc statements like the 'it's a fact' one and keegan's LMA response, then i can see why people would favour Keegan. why would we favour a backroom scouting staff who have forced out a manager?

as chairman ashley is ultimately responsible for the state of the club so whatever the fine details this reflects very badly on him.

as for keegan, wise, llambias, i think people are seeing that keegan has left and assuming he had a pretty good reason for doing this. if the board were interfering in transfers, which looks to be the case given petulant nufc statements like the 'it's a fact' one and keegan's LMA response, then i can see why people would favour Keegan. why would we favour a backroom scouting staff who have forced out a manager?

Ashley is the chairman?

Btw the mongs were outside SJP with their boycoutt banners before the club or Keegan had even made a statement.