Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know he didn't put £20m a year into the pot above club income.

I know he hasn't cleared all the debts (outstanding transfers remain).

You're right about the £20 million, the greedy bastard only coughed up £240 million in year one and by week 6 probably hadn't put anything in for year 2.

Is that £240m down the drain? - no he wants it back therefore it has not been spent on the club in investment terms.

Guest Howaythetoon

How anyone can trust Ashley and co is beyond me regardless of whether we know the full facts or otherwise. He and his merry men have done nothing to justify trust or even support. I trust KK 100% and even though I was upset he walked, if he was being undermined, I'd do the same too and so would every other manager out there, notably both Fergie and Wenger said he did the right thing IF he was being undermined. The fact KK went straight to the LMA suggests he feels very strongly that he was in the right and that's good enough for me without knowing anything because once again I trust the man and out of all of them it is he that commands (or should do) the benefit of doubt due to what he has done for this club and his feelings for it which are a lot more genuine than Ashley's was and ever will be.

How anyone can trust Ashley and co is beyond me regardless of whether we know the full facts or otherwise. He and his merry men have done nothing to justify trust or even support. I trust KK 100% and even though I was upset he walked, if he was being undermined, I'd do the same too and so would every other manager out there, notably both Fergie and Wenger said he did the right thing IF he was being undermined. The fact KK went straight to the LMA suggests he feels very strongly that he was in the right and that's good enough for me without knowing anything because once again I trust the man and out of all of them it is he that commands (or should do) the benefit of doubt due to what he has done for this club and his feelings for it which are a lot more genuine than Ashley's was and ever will be.

Speculation, contradiction and hypocrisy all in one post.  The first sentence alone is priceless.  Good work.  :lol:

The thing is, is that people wont ask themselves why Wise thought it on only on the last day of the season that he needed to undermine Keegan. What about Skeljbred, what about Gomis, what about Zayatte, i imagine there were many more? Surely he could of and would of undermined him from the start if Keegan had no say whatsoever? The point is though, that even though i have these doubts, i like many dont have anti keegan pressure groups or take barbs at Keegan ever minute becqasue most realise that by taking these action we're holding the club at ransom,  imagine if Ashley was allowed to get on with things, im not sure we;d be in the situation we are in now, who fault is that, well in my eyes, its fans like you and NUSC who still to this day have no means to your actions.

Fans like me? What actions have I taken exactly? Oh yes of course, I've paid my season ticket money up for 3 full seasons, still continue to go to the games, still continue to go to away games, still continue to support the club regardless of anything. Thank fuck we don't have more fans like me eh?

Btw I was the first person on this board to actually say who they wanted in as Keegan's replacement and wanted things to move on as quickly as possible.

What about Skeljbred and Gomis, that's speculation we know nothing of. All we know is that we had Zayatte on trial, we don't know why we never signed him permanently, maybe Keegan didn't rate him, maybe the board acted hesitantly on signing him up.

Speculation, contradiction and hypocrisy all in one post.  The first sentence alone is priceless.  Good work.  :lol:

Why is it wrong to judge Ashley soley on his actions?

The thing is, is that people wont ask themselves why Wise thought it on only on the last day of the season that he needed to undermine Keegan. What about Skeljbred, what about Gomis, what about Zayatte, i imagine there were many more? Surely he could of and would of undermined him from the start if Keegan had no say whatsoever? The point is though, that even though i have these doubts, i like many dont have anti keegan pressure groups or take barbs at Keegan ever minute becqasue most realise that by taking these action we're holding the club at ransom,  imagine if Ashley was allowed to get on with things, im not sure we;d be in the situation we are in now, who fault is that, well in my eyes, its fans like you and NUSC who still to this day have no means to your actions.

How exactly is anyone "holding the club at ransom" (other than Ashley himself that is) and in what way is Ashley not being "allowed to get on with things"? Last time I checked the world was still turning, a manager was managing, the players were playing, the supporters were supporting the team. No-one other than Ashley is stopping anything or has the power to do anything about the position the club is in. If we're going to talk about quitters...

Arguing contract semantics and debating about who was right or wrong is completely futile anyway. It's most likely everything will be settled out of court with a non-disclosure clause. Even if it did go to court, there'd be 2 sides to the story. People who trust Keegan will believe what he says, and those who have a misguided faith in Ashley will believe what the club comes out with. No-one's opinion is going to be changed by anything said from this point on unless one party comes out and says they were fully to blame, which isn't going to happen.

The squad's weak, we have a manager on a month to month contract, we're in the relegation zone, and no-one wants to buy the club at Ashley's price. Have a guess which of Keegan or Ashley can do anything about that.

Alright mate, if you want to look past the issues that are dogging the club and paint a rosy picture for your own convieniences thats upto you. We have an INTERIM manager for a reason. How soon we forget about boycotting, how small minded are we that we cant see that our actions HAVE lead us to the situation we're in now? Do you know if the NUSC has put off any potential buyers? The fans havent thought this through at all, we've seen the aftermath of an instant and acting upon it without knowing everything. And becasue we've gone over that line we're finding it hard to progress.

If the club get relegated, without knowing what actually went on, ill blame a third of it on Ashley, a third of it on Keegan and a third on it onfans like you and supporters of NUSC who have strangled the club of progress by refusing to acknowledge the bigger picture persist with militia politics. (slight exaggeration - but i feel really strngly about this).

I imaigine you were one of those 20k fans who are true fans of the club, how can you sit and watch fans who probably discovered the club in 92 strangle the club and turn there back on the club they claim to love when they need us the most.

Indefensible in my opinion, especially when you and they havent a f***ing club whats gone on. I cant stress the importance of that point.

Bit in bold higlights the futility of any argument with people like yourself.

The thing is, is that people wont ask themselves why Wise thought it on only on the last day of the season that he needed to undermine Keegan. What about Skeljbred, what about Gomis, what about Zayatte, i imagine there were many more? Surely he could of and would of undermined him from the start if Keegan had no say whatsoever? The point is though, that even though i have these doubts, i like many dont have anti keegan pressure groups or take barbs at Keegan ever minute becqasue most realise that by taking these action we're holding the club at ransom, imagine if Ashley was allowed to get on with things, im not sure we;d be in the situation we are in now, who fault is that, well in my eyes, its fans like you and NUSC who still to this day have no means to your actions.

Fans like me? What actions have I taken exactly? Oh yes of course, I've paid my season ticket money up for 3 full seasons, still continue to go to the games, still continue to go to away games, still continue to support the club regardless of anything. Thank f*** we don't have more fans like me eh?

Btw I was the first person on this board to actually say who they wanted in as Keegan's replacement and wanted things to move on as quickly as possible.

What about Skeljbred and Gomis, that's speculation we know nothing of. All we know is that we had Zayatte on trial, we don't know why we never signed him permanently, maybe Keegan didn't rate him, maybe the board acted hesitantly on signing him up.

Look mate, this isnt a dig at you personally, but for me your one of many people who have acted without real cause or evidence. Ill generalise you with all the knuckle draggers out there who have physically acted out upon there beliefs becasue you all share the common feature of acting without evidence (be it boycotting matches or taking barbs at Ashleys or suporting the actions of others against Ashley). I realise im setting myself up for a fall should it turn out that Ashley is wrong in all this bu that is not why i am arguing, it is becasue i cant stand that idea that people have decided upon someones future and they dont even know for sure if he's done wrongin the first place. I hate that our club refuses to escape from contreversy and the off field problems that have dogged this club, and i hate that the very people who complain about our off field problms ironically are now the ones who are causing it. (again ill stress this point, WITH NO IDEA OF WHAT WENT ON).

Precisely you're right about the players ive mentioned, "maybe Keegan didnt rate him", you said it yourself, you;ve contradicted what alot of people are saying as fact, Keegan DID have a say he wasnt just a figurehead, he DID have a say on things. It was only on the last day that the club felt they had to act. thats what im getting at, that its not as clear as people want to make out.

How soon we forget about boycotting, how small minded are we that we cant see that our actions HAVE lead us to the situation we're in now? Do you know if the NUSC has put off any potential buyers?

The only thinging stopping the sale isn't the fans - its the price combined with the economic climate.

The very idea that a potential investor even knows NUSC exists is laughable.

How soon we forget about boycotting, how small minded are we that we cant see that our actions HAVE lead us to the situation we're in now? Do you know if the NUSC has put off any potential buyers?

The only thinging stopping the sale isn't the fans - its the price combined with the economic climate.

You dont think a club thats being boycotted where the fans no nothing may put off potential investors? Especially when the owner may feel he's done little wrong?

Yeh you're right the idea is laughable, Im sure the potential buyers are completely unaware of any boycott at the club. Best keep that quiet.

You dont think a club thats being boycotted where the fans no nothing may put off potential investors? Especially when the owner may feel he's done little wrong?

Yeh you're right the idea is laughable, Im sure the potential buyers are completely unaware of any boycott at the club. Best keep that quiet.

Again, would investors go through due diligence and make offers if they had concerns about the fans?

Again, would investors go through due diligence and make offers if they had concerns about the fans?

Fair point, although we did have 7/8 interested parties from the start....im playng devils advocate here. It wasnt even my major point.

The internets must be well fucked up, because on my screen it doesn't look like I said it wasn't.

Have you judged Keegan solely on his?

Yes - and I doubt I'd have lasted till August in the same situation.

The internets must be well fucked up, because on my screen it doesn't look like I said it wasn't.

Your strongest objection to HTT's post seemed to be the question of trusting Ashley - that's why I responded. I've said before I think some blame attaches to Keegan for letting things get to where they did but I simply do not trust Ashley at all.

Yes - and I doubt I'd have lasted till August in the same situation.

:lol:

Which begs the question, why didn't he walk out a lot earlier and allow us to get a coach who would work as a First-Team Coach.

Or if he was able to last until August, why couldn't he continue after that point knowing the thing that he was supposedly opposed to wouldn't have been able to affect him for the next 4-months.

Your strongest objection to HTT's post seemed to be the question of trusting Ashley - that's why I responded. I've said before I think some blame attaches to Keegan for letting things get to where they did but I simply do not trust Ashley at all.

So you think my "strongest objection" was again something I didn't say.  Try reading it a third time and you might understand it.  And I'm pleased to hear that you also blame Keegan and do not trust Ashley although I made no mention of either.

NEWCASTLE United fans are willing to forgive Mike Ashley for his costly mistakes at St James’s Park as they look to bring an end to the unrest and disenchantment which has soured this season – but only if he is willing to admit them.

With Ashley struggling to find a buyer prepared to match his asking price and with the global economic crisis threatening to jeopardise any takeover for the foreseeable future, some supporters have realised a truce could be needed to ensure the club’s problems off the pitch do not lead to a disaster on it.

Having ensured there is some semblance of stability in the dressing room last week by extending Joe Kinnear’s contract as manager until the end of the season, the newly-formed Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) has urged Ashley to bring an end to the detrimental state of limbo which set in after Kevin Keegan’s controversial departure and to start taking responsibility again for United’s long-term health. Although Kinnear has collected 10 points from a possible 24 since he became the club’s temporary manager in September and has guided the Magpies out of the bottom three, United are still in considerable danger of relegation, a threat which would be just as dire for Ashley, as it would wipe millions of the club’s valuation.

As a result, with the January transfer window approaching and with no prospect of new owners before the end of the year, Malcolm Shiels, chairman of NUSC, has admitted a compromise should be reached to benefit everyone associated with the black and white stripes.

“I think a large number of Newcastle fans would be willing to accept Ashley back if he is willing to try and take the club forward again,” said Shiels, who believes a collective voice for Newcastle fans is long overdue, even though their attempts to communicate with Ashley have been frustratingly ignored so far.

“What we want, more than anything, is to see an end to the state of limbo which has been so damaging over the last few months. If he was to come out and say he can’t sell the club, but he is willing to come back and try again to get things right, he would be given a chance to do just that. He

has made mistakes and he probably knows it. If he was to actually come out and admit those mistakes and express a desire to look forward rather than back, I think most fans would be okay with that.

“The most important thing at the moment is that Joe Kinnear is allowed to manage the side as he wants to. If Joe’s the manager he needs to be given money to spend in January – that’s imperative if the club is going to move forward positively.

“If Ashley (pictured right) is willing to provide that money and allows Kinnear to control how he spends it, I think it will turn around for him very quickly. If Kinnear is allowed to offer new contracts to the likes of Michael Owen and Nicky Butt that will also be a big step in the right direction.

“But Ashley has to come out and say this, he has to have some sort of dialogue with the supporters to bring an end to this negative atmosphere.”

There is no doubt, in an ideal world, the vast majority of supporters would prefer to see the back of Ashley and his main allies, managing director Derek Llambias and executive director (football) Dennis Wise. But there is also a realisation it is expedient to ensure the club does not suffer any major damage while the search for new owners takes place. Shiels explained: “The main aims of the NUSC are to work positively with the owners and management of Newcastle United who have its best interests at heart, whoever that may be.

“There is no doubt the situation and executive management actions before and after the Hull game led to the formation of the NUSC, and the NUSC led calls for Mike Ashley to leave.

“However, the overriding long-term aim and ambition is to establish a positive regular dialogue with the board and eventually a representative place on the board giving a true Newcastle fans’ voice.” An online survey by The Journal last week indicated 44% of Newcastle fans would be willing to take Ashley back and, while there is still considerable opposition to him because of the way he allowed Keegan to be treated, Shiels hopes he has learnt some valuable lessons.

He added: “The biggest problem Ashley has is suspicion about his intentions has been allowed to fester because of the lack of communication from him. Since Chris Mort left we’ve had no dialogue from any senior figure at the club.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/02/we-are-ready-to-forgive-ashley-61634-22382011/

That's a far more professional statement, in fact I'm quite surprised NUSC has managed to keep their emotions in check. Maybe it's becoming clear that there isn't a line of foreign investors willing to throw bags of money at the club, but whatever the reason a welcome change of direction.

If this is true, this is quite a climbdown. I'm happy to hear about it, but NUSC come across from all this as a tin pot organisation that really doesn't have a clue what it's doing.

this looks like their most reasoned and professional piece of publicity so i dont know why youd say that. as for a climbdown, what do you expect them to do? they cant change the reality of the situation that Ashley can't or won't sell so have to make do with what we have. had they came out and said they were going to up the protests and wanted him out you would still say they were a 'tin pot' organisation.

Not sure why it took them this long to see that this was the sensible option that was in the best interest of the club.

As Bob has said it's a big climbdown, from planning on writing to club sponsors threatening to boycott their products as well as pies, pints and programmes to getting behind the bloke.

Either they've seen the light or realised they don't have the power they thought they had.

Maybe they have taken on board whats been said on here and elsewhere and the organisation evolved a little bit from its beginnings. Heartening to see the start of some dialogue as if we are not sold its neccssary will be interesting to see what the boards/ashleys response is if anything.