He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

You can't blame keegan imo, this system turned on him, and ashley has allowed it. This was when wise and people have said keegan has the final say etc

He has everyright to quit and owes us nothing

At Chelsea he scouts for kids as it fits into his role as director of youth development. The Head scout, scouts at first team level. I think most of the signings Jose made were his bar a few, I think Big Phil has got his own players in. Avram I would say he didn't sign any players himself. As for Ranieri?!? I am not sure.

You seem to know an awful lot of the intricate details about Chelsea's setup.  Unless of course you don't really.

The role you are talking about for Arnesen sounds more and more like Wise's role here though, wouldn't you agree?

Guest Redcar Mag

At Chelsea he scouts for kids as it fits into his role as director of youth development. The Head scout, scouts at first team level. I think most of the signings Jose made were his bar a few, I think Big Phil has got his own players in. Avram I would say he didn't sign any players himself. As for Ranieri?!? I am not sure.

You seem to know an awful lot of the intricate details about Chelsea's setup.  Unless of course you don't really.

The role you are talking about for Arnesen sounds more and more like Wise's role here though, wouldn't you agree?

Do you think Wise is as qualified as Arnesen at spotting young talent? I think a lot of people have more of an issue with the individuals put into the structure, rather than the structure itself. And obviously the manager should have the final say on who he wants / doesn't want in the first team squad.

But it certainly doesn't make someone clueless.

If you and others can't see that then that's a shame. For the record I'm not a Geordie and I've never been comfortable with the suggestion that my location makes me much less of a fan.

I quite like the idea of you foreigners supporting our mongrel of a club.

i have nothing against them supporting the club but when they come out with clueless comments like in the OP they deserve every bit of stick they get.

So what if someone from Newcastle makes comment similar to it. I see alot of homegrown posters who seem to genreally agree with the OP- me included.

I think i've already mentioned this. If the person that made the opening post was from newcastle i would still of had a go at them

So his nationality and place of origin has aboslutley no relevant to his post yet you still mentioned it like a clueless idiot.

This is a key question that people dont seem to be asking themselves - is there actually anything that could happen in 3 days that could force your hand that much - especially as it didnt seem that much of an issue throughout the summer with the likes of Colo, Jonas being brought in in similar circumstances.

To resign afer the last day of the transfer window is quiet unbelievable if you ask me, how much can you truly love the club  if it takes you 1 day to decide that enoughs enough - especially after it being your third time doing the exact same thing.

Its not just about 3 days though is it. This has obviously been building for some time. i had forgotten up until recently about the meeting in London that Keegan was called to after the Chelsea outburst. Something has been building for a while - before any signings even appeared on the scene

Think Keegan had been unhappy with those above him for a while.

Me and the young'un went to his soccer circus in July. I said to the woman behind the desk, "i don't suppose you see much of kevin these days." She replied, "Well he still pops in from time to time, but i've a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of him soon".

Digging deeper i asked, "so you reckon the gaffers not happy"? She said he had been telling her over the phone the previous day, that he just doesn't think he had received the backing he had expected when he took the Newcastle job".

This was coming from a friend and employee. I didn't think she should be telling me this but i found it interesting all the same.

Ashley and co were hell bent on pi**ing Keegan off.

Why are we being dragged into an argument of how effective the system is?

The whole point is that the system wasn't presented to us in an honest way.

Keegan was employed merely as a smokescreen to fool us into buying three years worth of season tickets.

Some people think Keegan's frailties as a manager make this utter deception acceptable.

You can't blame keegan imo, this system turned on him, and ashley has allowed it. This was when wise and people have said keegan has the final say etc

He has everyright to quit and owes us nothing

Or to paraphrase on your behalf: "Here's my gaping sphincter. Please sodomise me".

Get a grip.

Guest Toon Argy

If you and others can't see that then that's a shame. For the record I'm not a Geordie and I've never been comfortable with the suggestion that my location makes me much less of a fan.

i have nothing against them supporting the club but when they come out with clueless comments like in the OP they deserve every bit of stick they get.

So what if someone from Newcastle makes comment similar to it. I see alot of homegrown posters who seem to genreally agree with the OP- me included.

I think i've already mentioned this. If the person that made the opening post was from newcastle i would still of had a go at them

So his nationality and place of origin has aboslutley no relevant to his post yet you still mentioned it like a clueless idiot.

I will mention it if i want. There is nothing wrong with what i have said.

Think Keegan had been unhappy with those above him for a while.

Me and the young'un went to his soccer circus in July. I said to the woman behind the desk, "i don't suppose you see much of kevin these days." She replied, "Well he still pops in from time to time, but i've a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of him soon".

Digging deeper i asked, "so you reckon the gaffers not happy"? She said he had been telling her over the phone the previous day, that he just doesn't think he had received the backing he had expected when he took the Newcastle job".

This was coming from a friend and employee. I didn't think she should be telling me this but i found it interesting all the same.

Ashley and co were hell bent on pi**ing Keegan off.

One simple question, why?

I admit it, I am footy anorak. I would of  liked us to have got Frank as DOF, even better would of been Monchi at Seville.

It does in what we were told Wise would be doing at the start & that he would not be involved in first team affairs but as Jeff is our main scout, TJ does the money side of transfers in & out + contracts & they both report to Dennis he was always going to be involved at first team level.

Guest Redcar Mag

Laughable thread this.

Before people open their mouth on this subject, you should think about what you would do in your job if your bosses undermimed you to the point where you would still be held accountable for the work you do, without having any control over the tools with which you do it.

I don't think any of you would stick around under the same circumstances, unless you were just in it for the money and didn't actually give a shit.

Beautifully put.

Laughable thread this.

Before people open their mouth on this subject, you should think about what you would do in your job if your bosses undermimed you to the point where you would still be held accountable for the work you do, without having any control over the tools with which you do it.

I don't think any of you would stick around under the same circumstances, unless you were just in it for the money and didn't actually give a s***.

I would agree with that if this was just a job but it isn't, he's supposed to love the club and the fans, dropping us in the shit is a funny way of showing it.

If thats what you honestly believe and think is correct then i shouldnt of wasted my time and just stuck with "twat".

Laughable thread this.

I don't think any of you would stick around under the same circumstances, unless you were just in it for the money and didn't actually give a s***.

I would agree with that if this was just a job but it isn't, he's supposed to love the club and the fans, dropping us in the s*** is a funny way of showing it.

Dropping us in the Sh!t or forcing the hand of a cunt, ,.. time will tell us who is right.

i am more inclined to have faith in keegans record than ashleys.

Guest Toon Argy

If thats what you honestly believe and think is correct then i shouldnt of wasted my time and just stuck with "t***".

that is fine with me  :thup:

Laughable thread this.

I would agree with that if this was just a job but it isn't, he's supposed to love the club and the fans, dropping us in the shit is a funny way of showing it.

Was just about to say the same.

Keegan knew what he meant to the fans. Just seems to me that he abused that power quite cynically and irresponsibly in the end. I'm not laying all the blame at his door, but his petulance in departing when and how he did has just left me feeling rather betrayed.

Dropping us in the Sh!t or forcing the hand of a c***, ,.. time will tell us who is right.

I'm open to suggestions as to why they would force his hand into resigning, I'm open minded on this and can't put all of the blame on one side.

Laughable thread this.

What happens if the boss gives you a criteria that you need to adhere to but you dont and is forced to undermine you becasue of that fact? I choose to believe that side of the story just like you choose to believe the other. I believe this because i feel that the "leak" by the board memeber regardign Ronaldihno was actually true. it had a "deny it if you dare element to it". Also some of the alleged Keegan targets, Duinne etc, didnt seem to fit in with the defined policy.

Just opinions.

Was just about to say the same.

Keegan knew what he meant to the fans. Just seems to me that he abused that power quite cynically and irresponsibly in the end. I'm not laying all the blame at his door, but his petulance in departing when and how he did has just left me feeling rather betrayed.

I think Keegan could have stayed and fought for his beliefs and would have had the full backing of the crowd, we could have all won that way.

Dropping us in the Sh!t or forcing the hand of a c***, ,.. time will tell us who is right.

I'm open to suggestions as to why they would force his hand into resigning, I'm open minded on this and can't put all of the blame on one side.

you misunderstand my post.

did kk drop us in the Sh!t

or did KK force the hand of a Ashley

If thats what you honestly believe and think is correct then i shouldnt of wasted my time and just stuck with "t***".

that is fine with me  :thup:

twat.  :thup:

Laughable thread this.

To try and compare this to any other "Normal" job is laughable Hindu.

Keegans had a hell of a lot of us, he got no stick when he left the first time, and by n large hes had no the second time. Ignore the past glories think about what hes done for us this time round, which is very little bar fuck off during the middle of the season when nothing could have been done, even if he was being undermined (I think hed agreed to the system) he should have done us fans a favour and stayed til January.

Guest Redcar Mag

Laughable thread this.

Beautifully put.

I can't believe it's even a subject of debate ffs. Apparently they've exhausted the Ashley, Wise, Jimenez and Llambias bashing, and need a new scapegoat.

My favourite argument so far was from Nixon, along the lines of "Keegan left us in the shit. Look at the team he has left us with". Aye, if Keegan had his way, he would definitely have left us with no LB cover, no AM, no new RW, no RB cover..... Laughable.

Aye. Stevie Wonder could've seen what we needed. Not bairns who might be 'one for the future', not Ronaldinho, but four or five honest pro's who know the game and know the prem.

Surely he's left because he loves the club, and felt. He doesn't want to drain the resources by living a lie as it were. Just another angle for you.

The team is left in this state not because of Keegan, but because of the lack of quality reinforcements and the actions of the board that led to Keegan's departure.

Keegan didn't have to live a lie, he could have fought from within rather than leave.