He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

Keegan's culpability starting to shine through, he also subscribed to the N'zogbia at LB idea in addition to sanctioning the Faye move and suggesting Taylor and Colo 'could be our pairing for 5 years'

madness

Who says he sanctioned the Faye move?

And the N'Zogbia thing is strange, because neither Big Sam, Keegan or Hughton fancy Enrique.

well Big Sam and Hughton are c***s. Keegan should know better but didn't

Keegan strongly implied that he was happy for Faye to go to Stoke and for Taylor to be a starting CB. Sheer stupdity

He also implied he was happy for Milner to leave. Do you believe that too?

shut up man. He said Milner was the last player he wanted to sell

And then said after he sold him to Villa that he sanctioned it and that we would be able to use that money.

Is it not possible that he was told that if he sold Milner and Faye he would be able to use the money, hence why he was incredibly f***ed off when it turns out we didn't spend any of the money on able replacements.

Keegan and the rest were fucking idiots to get rid of Faye for £2m. When Keegan said that Colo and Taylor could be our pairing for 5 years he might as well have got his chod out. Fucking fools the lot of em

Any person's opinion on this topic either way hinges on whether they still trust KK or not.

Pretty much the case.

Personally, I don't really see what Ashley and his pals have done for this club to make me trust them any more than Kevin Keegan.

Not read all of this thread but this is a great post.

I still can't understand why he didn't publicly go against the board for buying/selling players against his wish, had he done that he would've gotten the backing of both Fan's and Players,  and i don't think Wise and co would've kept on doing it afterwards..

He just have a habbit of walking..thats  all..

Not surprising who sides with Ashley - people with no connection to with our city.

f***ing cheek.

Mind your own business.

Exactly

That statement's also a load of b*llocks in that I'd probably say the vast majority of our fans outside of Newcastle became fans because of what we were like under Keegan.

Keegan can't win either way. When he was trying to make the best of a bad situation, he was complicit in the grand fuckup.

When he stands on principle and washes his hands of it, he's leaving us in the lurch.

So he's prepared to make the best of a bad situation (regarding player transfers) during the transfer window but not when it comes to the business of playing the actual season? He had a problem with the set-up in May, if he could not work under it he should have left then instead of doing at a time that did maximum damage to Ashley/the club/us.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Having seen the mess Ashely and co have made of the last few weeks, and having a chaiman admit to wanting to 'give him a slap' I think Keegan was fully justifed in walking. I'm just amazed he lasted as long as he did.

So he's prepared to make the best of a bad situation (regarding player transfers) during the transfer window but not when it comes to the business of playing the actual season? He had a problem with the set-up in May, if he could not work under it he should have left then instead of doing at a time that did maximum damage to Ashley/the club/us.

He coudn't have picked a better time to leave us if he wanted to drop us in the shit that's for sure.

This is a key question that people dont seem to be asking themselves - is there actually anything that could happen in 3 days that could force your hand that much - especially as it didnt seem that much of an issue throughout the summer with the likes of Colo, Jonas being brought in in similar circumstances.

To resign afer the last day of the transfer window is quiet unbelievable if you ask me, how much can you truly love the club  if it takes you 1 day to decide that enoughs enough - especially after it being your third time doing the exact same thing.

Its not just about 3 days though is it. This has obviously been building for some time. i had forgotten up until recently about the meeting in London that Keegan was called to after the Chelsea outburst. Something has been building for a while - before any signings even appeared on the scene

Well done for seeing this, many cant connect all the stories in the press from May onwards with what happened.

2 observations; why wait till the end of the window if he was unhappy for months beforehand? why lie to the fans?

Interesting thought, Chez. Do you have any facts to back that up?

:lol: Aye, posted this elsewhere, in retrospect they are more observations than facts and when i posted it, it was to try and put some perspective on the boycotts etc. 

Fact 1. Kevin Keegan was not happy with the structure of the club at the end of last season.

Fact 2. The media reported this with such certainty and frequency that everyone thought they were twats.

Fact 3. The only way the media could have heard this is if someone was feeding them the information.

Fact 4. You'd need to be a special type of retard to think Louise Taylor was hiding behind the curtain in the boardroom of SJP to have been in possession of this story.

Fact 5. You'd need to be a special type of retard to think that Ashley was briefing the media against himself.

Fact 6. You'd now have to be a spectacular retard if you havent worked out that it was actually Keegan who was briefing the media all summer about his dissatisfaction with the way the club was being run.

Fact 7. Of the 4 players brought in during the middle part of the summer all of them were, in his own words, signed off by Keegan and turned out to be fabulous looking purchases.

Fact 8. This means Keegan was signing off excellent value for money players whilst at the same time briefing the media against the club's structure.

Fact 9. If Keegan was briefing the media against the club, then the structure under which he was working was already not to his satisfaction.

Fact 10. Therefore none of the events of the weekend before the transfer window shut were the cause of his unhappiness at the club.

Fact 11. Kevin Keegan has a history of political power plays at football clubs.

All the evidence backing this up is in here

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48889.0

Some people might think the club has moved on from this debate but to me its at the heart of everything that is happening. Unless we establish what happened we cant move forward and conclude whether Ashley should have gone. The fact that people have continued to assume he is guilty on the basis of 3 quotes put out by Keegan via the LMA just shows how little basis anyone has had for rupturing the club into little pieces.

An Ashley out campaign should have only started once the facts were estbalished, the fact that they were already in full swing on tuesday 2nd september, 2008 shows us that the campaign is based on a foundation of sand as none of the facts were known then. Guilt was assumed and then every effort was made to retrospectively justify the judgement. 

If he had the best interests of the club at heart, he should have left when the first stories were being leaked into the press, as in May. Not September 2nd.

*f***ing enormous tin hat on*

I understand your point, but surely this could be countered easily by saying that maybe he was trying to work things out rather than run at the first sign of trouble (which many seem to be accusing him of).

So he was happy to work under it all summer during the transfer window but then not happy to work under it during the actual season when the focus is on the first team?

It isnt easily countered as that makes no sense.

It is easily countered.

He was happy to try and work it out over the summer in the hope that the setup would provide the players he needed.

When the setup fails miserably in providing the LB, cover RB, RW,  and AM, whilst also selling a good RW, I think that is reason to "push someone over the edge" as it transpires.

but found out it was unworkable on the last day of the season and promptly resigned?

The structure was and is  bollocks, the personnel are shit at their tasks and no money was going to be spent.

If Keegan had left in May we'd have a Spanish coach nobody has heard of with the same shit squad.

Aye. it's Keegan's fault like.

Is anyone else bored now with some fans favourite new buzz word 'mong'.  Sheep everywhere.  Sadly this fiasco was always going to end with fans turning on each other but the mong thing is boring. 

Ashley dictates how much we spend and it hasnt been enough.  None of the suspects come out smelling of roses but when they all f*** off to play golf or blow £150k on tarts and Crystal Champagne we will be left behind to support whatever is left of this club.

F**k that Keegan was right to walk, the regime is rotten to the core the longer he stayed the more the poison would have spread.  How can you manage when someone else is buying and selling your players.  The NUFC regime has been unviersally criticised across the footballing community and to expect Keegan to work in these condtions is like asking a chef to prepare a fine meal with ingredients he has no choice in.

We are almost rid of these idiots and then a post like this condones their ineptitude. 

Ah sorry. The thread starters location is Korea. Now i know why he is such a mong and is clueless.  :thup:

Fu Mong Chu

Yes, insulting the fact that I'm not a Geordie is a perfectly logical way to justify your blinkered trust in a man from Doncaster.

Guest Toon Argy

Ah sorry. The thread starters location is Korea. Now i know why he is such a mong and is clueless.  :thup:

Fu Mong Chu

Yes, insulting the fact that I'm not a Geordie is a perfectly logical way to justify your blinkered trust in a man from Doncaster.

You are just a mong.