Make you feel a little better?

Cajun

Martins, Beye, Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Jonas, Viduka and Gonzalez were all injured, banned or struggling for fitness today.

8 players who (well obviously not sure on Gonzalez) are all better than those who played today (in their positions). Thats quite a loss for any team.

Our squad isn't perfect and we definitely need a few more quality players in but its nowhere near as bad as some seem to portray. Obviously this off the field stuff needs to be sorted out but even so we had to play a second rate team today partly because we didn't get in all we needed in the summer but mainly because we had a very large number of good players out.

Quite a lot seemed happy enough with our summer signings before Keegan quit, now I seem to see more and more moaning about the transfer set up.

Given

Beye            Taylor              Coloccini      Enrique

Barton              Guthrie              Jonas

Owen              Viduka                Martins

Looks a hell of a lot better than what we had out today and what some are basing our entire seasons performances on. Also makes our bench a lot better prospect when we have to make game changes substitutions.

Martins, Beye, Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Jonas, Viduka and Gonzalez were all injured, banned or struggling for fitness today.

8 players who (well obviously not sure on Gonzalez) are all better than those who played today (in their positions). Thats quite a loss for any team.

Our squad isn't perfect and we definitely need a few more quality players in but its nowhere near as bad as some seem to portray. Obviously this off the field stuff needs to be sorted out but even so we had to play a second rate team today partly because we didn't get in all we needed in the summer but mainly because we had a very large number of good players out.

Quite a lot seemed happy enough with our summer signings before Keegan quit, now I seem to see more and more moaning about the transfer set up.

We weren't all shite today against West Ham in my opinion. Had we had our "normal" first starting XI I feel the result would have been different. Hadn't Edgar ruined an otherwise easy save for Given I think we'd might have seen something different. Don't get me wrong though, we didn't play worthy of winning and was looking shaky as ever defense wise. But we really weren't that bad in my opinion considering the injuries, Hughton's squad picking incompetence and the off the pitch turmoil.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't but the point is we are missing the vast majority of what I believe is our first team at the same time. Obviously they aren't all going to be fit for the entire season but they are all out/struggling at the moment so its hardly suprising we aren't looking fantastic.

Take 6/7 first team players out of any team in the league and they are going to look quite poor.

Take the same amount of someone like Villa and I doubt they would look like European challengers.

Villa - Bouma, Luke Young, Ashley Young, Milner, Reo-Coker, Barry, Abonglahor and Harewood

Nice try MiguelJon - but I don't think you've quite understood just how determined certain quarters of our support are to be miserable, depressive, histrionic, over-reacting, over-emotional, nihilist, defeatist twats.

Given

Beye             Taylor              Coloccini      Enrique

Barton               Guthrie              Jonas

Looks a hell of a lot better than what we had out today and what some are basing our entire seasons performances on. Also makes our bench a lot better prospect when we have to make game changes substitutions.

Too good to go down?,  i recall them saying that about, Leeds, Notts Forest,...

We have been worse off than we are now over the last few season squad wise.

Obviously Ashley needs to sell or we need a new manager asap but every season we have the "too good to go down huh?" "if we carry on like this" conversations and every year we are fairly comfortable (although still not where we want to be) at the end of the season.

I am 100% confident we won't go down. People basing opinions on todays game are just mental, todays team is nothing like what we can and probably will put out for the majority if the season.

We have been worse off than we are now over the last few season squad wise.

Obviously Ashley needs to sell or we need a new manager asap but every season we have the "too good to go down huh?" "if we carry on like this" conversations and every year we are fairly comfortable (although still not where we want to be) at the end of the season.

I am 100% confident we won't go down. People basing opinions on todays game are just mental, todays team is nothing like what we can and probably will put out for the majority if the season.

The current situation, feels worse to me than it did the last time we were relegated.

Its the only thought keeping me going to be honest, if we are still losing once they are back then it will be panic time but for now I am holding onto all hope that they can will make a difference.

Given

Beye

Taylor

Coloccini

Enrique

Jonas

Barton

Guthrie

Zoggy

Owen

Martins

BENCH

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Nacho

Duff

Viduka

Guest rebel_yell12

Next week, likely to have Martins back since he trained some this week.  Rumour is Beye also soon to come back.  Just those TWO returning could make a big difference, imo.  Puts Bassong out at LB, pushes Zog up to LW, puts another serious goal threat on the pitch as well. 

Seriously, doom and gloom is one thing but I remember last January & Feb, with diabolical results every week, and the same kind of thing (going down, etc. etc.) and Newcastle had the same problem then -- missing players (ACoN and injuries).  Yet, better results followed once the usual XI come back.  Getting in a manager, so that issue settles, and getting some players back from injury and/or suspension will transform this team. 

Into a comfortably mid-table position.

Another bit of comfort -- Man Utd may well finish the weekend with the same points as Newcastle Utd.  No one predicting their relegation, eh?  It's early days yet. 

Another bit of comfort -- Man Utd may well finish the weekend with the same points as Newcastle Utd.  No one predicting their relegation, eh?  It's early days yet. 

Oh I think the press may well have a different take on that than you do.

Nice try MiguelJon - but I don't think you've quite understood just how determined certain quarters of our support are to be miserable, depressive, histrionic, over-reacting, over-emotional, nihilist, defeatist  Realistic twats.

Finally a

Given

Beye             Taylor              Coloccini      Enrique

Barton               Guthrie              Jonas

Good post. We also need a manager in who can use his limited resources far beter than Chris Hughton.