Sources close to Mike Ashley - SSN

Guest hindu times

Who's the fraud coming from here then?  Its NVA Management who are heading things and bringing this consortium together, the way this guy is talking he's aiming his claims at NVA..  How on earth would they get away with such a scam, pathetic claim really.

corruption is rife in Russia but i havent seen as many worries about one of them taking over. many people claim ambramovich was corrupt as fuck in order to make his early fortune, also alleged claims he stole 55 odd oil tankers to start him off.

but tbh, corruption in a strange way can be to a club's benefit as people try to shift money overseas asap, often going into a club's coffers.

obviously it remains to be seen if the nigerian bid is for real, and if they buy the club how succesfully they run it. until then we cant make any judgements, especially not on the basis of nationality.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nearly every system in the world, especially the financial systems, are corrupt. From government to unions to Premier League football clubs. Hell, even I'm corrupt :lol:

Nearly every system in the world, especially the financial systems, are corrupt. From government to unions to Premier League football clubs. Hell, even I'm corrupt :lol:

You're not trying to take over a football club....

Wrong!

Guest Howaythetoon

Tell Shearergol that :lol:

I honestly thought that you were involved in the plans for a fans takeover. Apologies that I read it wrong.

Guest Howaythetoon

I honestly thought that you were involved in the plans for a fans takeover. Apologies that I read it wrong.

Nah, I supported the idea or rather considered it something worthwhile discussing and in an ideal world I do believe that NUFC like all clubs really should be owned by their fans or community owned. Btw, I've come across as a prick in some of my replies to you, apologies  :thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Sun running the story that a bid has been made and the consortium are in the process of due diligence

JOE KINNEAR took over at Newcastle, then bizarrely claimed: I’m just keeping the seat warm for Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer.

His shock announcement was followed last night by news that a Nigerian consortium, believed to want the Toon idols back at the club, have now offically bid more than £200million.

Frontman Chris Nathaniel said: “It’s up to Newcastle now — the consortium have put an offer in.

“We will still have to go through all the legal side of it and due diligence needs to be carried out.

“These people know what they are doing and are very enthusiastic about Newcastle.”

Joe Kinnear will still be manager as we avoid the drop by 2 points on the last day of the season after Ashley scares off buyer after buyer. :(

I wouldn't care, right now id be more than happy with a 17th place. Staying up this season would be a huge result for us this season, this is how bad things are right now. We got 5 starters out injured for couple of weeks more, we got youngsters who are on the bench but doesnt get chance, two good players (sry) who are suspended. We nee dplayers back, and back now. I think it will turn after ocotober only, till then we're bottom of the table drawing today 0-0 with Blackburn!

Where is this statement from the Nigerian consortium the said the were going to make?

Nathaniel has said that a bid has been made and the ball is in Ashley's court (or somat to that effect)

EDIT: leagalities need to be finalised first apparently

Guest Stephen927

Can see his asking price getting lower and lower if things continue the way they are going.

I'd be surprised if he was still asking for £400m or however much it is he wanted.

Can see his asking price getting lower and lower if things continue the way they are going.

I'd be surprised if he was still asking for £400m or however much it is he wanted.

That is the way most buisness works. You can even see similar things in the transfer market.

Newcastle may set a price of 6 million for Alan Smith, knowing very well that other clubs valuations will be below theirs.

Guest Stephen927

That is the way most buisness works. You can even see similar things in the transfer market.

Newcastle may set a price of 6 million for Alan Smith, knowing very well that other clubs valuations will be below theirs.

But by setting a high-ish asking price... does that not suggest he might want to hold onto the club?

Just food for thought, I don't believe he wants to stick around, but interesting to think about.