Terry Venables turned down chance to manage Newcastle in 2008

Guest Chubby Jason
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got a pretty decent record with teams as interim manager. Very confident he'd be willing to take the role on an interim basis.

would take him.

What like at Boro? where he had a lower win percentage than Roeder, Fat Sam and Souness.

To be fair his job was survival and he managed that in an interim capacity at Boro, i actually think that at leeds he did insanely well to keep them up with what was going on at that club, was made a scapegoat there though.

You're taking the piss surely? He took over a top 5 team minus Rio Ferdinand and had them fighting relegation by November. The vultures only circled when it looked like they were heading down and they had to get Peter Reid in to keep them up.

Got a pretty decent record with teams as interim manager. Very confident he'd be willing to take the role on an interim basis.

would take him.

What like at Boro? where he had a lower win percentage than Roeder, Fat Sam and Souness.

To be fair his job was survival and he managed that in an interim capacity at Boro, i actually think that at leeds he did insanely well to keep them up with what was going on at that club, was made a scapegoat there though.

You're taking the piss surely? He took over a top 5 team minus Rio Ferdinand and had them fighting relegation by November. The vultures only circled when it looked like they were heading down and they had to get Peter Reid in to keep them up.

Probably remember it differenlty to you. I thought they were on a downward spiral from the start - thats why Leary left. to be fair, i cant comment on it too much cos i cant remember buti always thought that he did ok to keep them up becasue it was defintiely ad ownward spiral.

Lad on the betfair forum reckons the price has fallen because he's been spotted in Newcastle - probably just there to commentate on the match tonight.

He doesnt work for sky though

Do ITV have coverage?

Highlights on ITV at around 11 tonight, makes more sense that he is working on that.

Guest elbee909

I'd go fuckin mental if he was appointed manager......jesus christ, I'm not even going to think on it anymore, ever ever ever.

why would you go mental? why is he so bad?

BECAUSE HE'S TERRY VENABLES.

Guest johnson293

Lad on the betfair forum reckons the price has fallen because he's been spotted in Newcastle - probably just there to commentate on the match tonight.

He doesnt work for sky though

Do ITV have coverage?

Highlights on ITV at around 11 tonight, makes more sense that he is working on that.

If the match was live for ITV, I could understand him being up here as co-commentator or in the studio box, but for a highlights, I doubt he'd come up here for that, and the bits between matches would just be done in a London studio surely, as they'll be covering a number of matches highlights.

If he is up here, I doubt its (just) for ITV work..... could be wrong tho'!

I'd go fuckin mental if he was appointed manager......jesus christ, I'm not even going to think on it anymore, ever ever ever.

AKA COCKNEY CU... er...fella.

Guest elbee909

Don't care where he's from, he's the most overrated, overblown manager the world has ever seen.

Don't care where he's from, he's the most overrated, overblown manager the world has ever seen.

I know, but it doesn't change the fact he is a cockney (which is purely incidental I agree). I mentioned it for reference purpose only.

Why is he any good?

Would you take Sam Allerdyce, Glenn Roeder, Peter Reid, Greame Souness, Steve Mcclaren? They've all got more impressive cv's in recent memory.

Good choice as a stop gap. Experienced.

not recently though, he hasn’t been able to get a decent job in 12 years,

only worth a match to match role as no other idiot would touch us.

Is it fair to discourage the use of the cockneys out banner now? I know it's been discussed lots, and everyone has the right to express their opinion, but it isn't helpful.

Maybe not the right thread, but I'm not jumping into the huge threads with this, it's sort of relevant.

Guest Toon Argy

Venables to tell NUFC in the morning whether he wants the job until the end of October.

I think it's funny when people on here try to be the first to break the story.