Pre Match Thread: Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Tbh Butt i'll take but hes scored important goals, Geremi I quite like, corners are shocking but dunno just likeable guy, one who'd stick around if it hit the fan.

Tozer is nowhere near ready.

Still a hot prospect. Give him a chance.

At 17 years old against one of the league's hottest strikers? No thanks

Cacapa will have to do till January

Seriously I just threw his name in there because I'm sick of seeing so many clapped out codgers making up half our team. What we really need is a couple of midifelders to provide some legs.

I'd play:

Given

Taylor    Coloccini    Cacapa  Bassong

Geremi      Butt      N'Zogbia      Duff

Xisco    Owen

I'd hoy ranger in and go 4-3-3. Given, edgar, taylor, colo, bassong, geremi, butt, charlie, owen, xisco, ranger. That way we get some real quality dropping into midfield in the form of owen and means we don't have to suffer duff breaking every attack down with his own brand of ineptitude. Hope the rumour that he's injured is some good news at last.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

I'd hoy ranger in and go 4-3-3. Given, edgar, taylor, colo, bassong, geremi, butt, charlie, owen, xisco, ranger. That way we get some real quality dropping into midfield in the form of owen and means we don't have to suffer duff breaking every attack down with his own brand of ineptitude. Hope the rumour that he's injured is some good news at last.

Taylor ahead of Cacapa? Hope that's a typo like.

Guest rebel_yell12

Tozer is nowhere near ready.

Still a hot prospect. Give him a chance.

At 17 years old against one of the league's hottest strikers? No thanks

Cacapa will have to do till January

Dunno looks physically good, but see your point.

I don't want Duff starting personally, he makes my heart ache watching him.

Same here, same applies for Butt, Geremi, Taylor etc. Cheers Messers Ashley, Wise,  Allardyce, Jiminez etc. Top notch scouting system.

Problem is...I think Wise and Jiminez and this new scouting system weren't yet in place when the club brought in...any of those.  The players brought in during the most recent window haven't looked that bad.  Colo looked good in a decent side, and has weakened apace with the squad, imo.  Jonas is very promising.  Xisco hasn't looked poor (a definite improvement over having to play Smith or Ameobi), and we've hardly seen Gonzalez.  Bassong looks quality for his age.  The problem isn't the quality brought in, imo, but the lack of quantity.  It's pretty sad that Newcastle have a bunch of kids on the bench -- look at Spurs bench on Weds. compared with Newcastle's.  Millions in difference in wages, let alone total cost. 

You can make most of an XI with the injuries/suspension list at Newcastle, atm.  Beye & Enrique (starting fullbacks), Guthrie & Barton (CM), Jonas (RM) Viduka & Martins (ST).  How many of those wouldn't start if/when fit & available?  That's SEVEN players out, currently, FIVE of whom were in the team that played so well at the end of last season, and another who would no doubt be in the current XI.  Take six players out of any league side, and they'd be in the sh**.  Well, maybe not Arsenal (whose kids looked quite class at mid-week).  But most any club would be in trouble with that many injuries.

Given

Taylor      Colo      Bassong   Edgar

Geremi  Cacapa  Zog

Owen

Xisco       Shola

Sickening team. 1-1.

Amended. Still sickening but at least Butt and Duff are out the team

Given

Geremi    Butt  Cacapa 

Owen

Xisco       *Zog

why Zog? i think he has a fairly good shot, he can dribble, and hes got a little pace as well :), but hey, if you want to stick in shola, be my guest  ;D

Oh well here we go again..

-------------Given

Tayl----Caca----Colo----Bass

Duff-----Butt---Nacho---Zoggy

---------Owen-----Xisco

OR

-------------Given

----Tayl-----Colo-----Bass----

Duff-------------------------Zoggy

-------Gere----------Butt

--------------Nacho

-----Owen-------------Xisco

Given

Geremi    Butt  Cacapa 

Owen

Xisco       *Zog

why Zog? i think he has a fairly good shot, he can dribble, and hes got a little pace as well :), but hey, if you want to stick in shola, be my guest  ;D

11 people off here could form a team and beat that.  We'd get fucking slaughtered down the right hand side.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Given

Geremi    Butt  Cacapa 

Owen

Xisco       *Zog

11 people off here could form a team and beat that.  We'd get f***ing slaughtered down the right hand side.

Solid as a rock down the left though.