Newcastle 1 - 2 Blackburn - 27/09/08 - Post match reaction from page 10

JH

When did I say O'neil was a fuckwit? In the words of yourself "Point out where i said it"

They have no injuries, take "6 first teamers" and we'll see how great they are O'neills good but hes made some iffy buys as well. Why don't you just become a Villa Fan if you like them so much Wullie?

That's because he's built a squad, like Dennis Wise was apparently employed to do.

No I won't bother if that's ok with you.

Right ok then. Lets try it.

Take RB LB 2 centre midfielders one winger and 2 strikers which is what we are currently missing (I'll consider 1 if you don't see Viduka as first team).

So thats, Young, Shorey, Reo-Coker, Barry Young Agbonglohor/Carew.

Meaning this leaves you with the following villa team.

Friedel.

Cuellar           Laursen            Davies            Bouma

Routeledge      Sidwell                Petrov        Gardner

Harewood            Milner

Not quite top 6 team now is it. As is the same with most, look at how much ball riding Man Utd got when Tevez and Ronaldo weren't there.

The team you have quoted would still pee all over our so-called 'second' team...O'Neill is a very good manager who has bought good players - Milner included...Get over it, I would have LOVED to have O'Neill at SJP, yes, even in front of KK.

I would have bet every last penny I have that MON at SJP with a similar board to the one he has a Villa, would have been just as successful as he has been at Villa - even though they had some good young players(like Agbonlahor)when he joined them.

Don't think that would do anything in the situation Newcastle is in. Hell I think Chelsea might struggle without a manager or owner.

as far as I'm concerned the injury situation is not a valid excuse for our s**** side.

it happens season after season and normally involves the same players (Viduka, Enrique, Martins etc).

it's poor player management and recruitment that is to blame.

Barring the ACN Martins has probally been the most available player since his arrival. He recovered from all his other injuries very quickly tbh.

I'm not 100% certain that the injury issues aren't a result of locker-room structure as opposed to recruitment of injury prone players.

It's been a consistent problem for too long for it to be purely down to the players. Yes some players are more injury prone than others, but it seems like the persistent injuries at this club may be exasperated by poor physio management etc.

I said I thought it was a result of problems with both management (training, physio etc) and recruiting players who are injury prone and / or lazy skiving bastards.

And Martins may recover from injuries fairly quickly but he also seems to pick up injuries a lot. I don't have his injury record to hand though so am just going on gut feel.

Look at someone like Ronaldo. Has surgery on a serious injury and is back ahead of schedule. Compare to someone like Viduka who only bothers his fat arse to play about 1/3 of a season.

Going by Football First -

I never like to see Zoggy in the centre, because he doesn't read the game well and he needs time and space to operate. He seemed to improve in the second half when the space naturally opened up, but before that it was like we had 10 men.

We'll improve a lot once we get Guthrie, Barton and Jonas back. They are players with confidence and initiative who aren't afraid to try and make things happen.

Guest newcastle4life

Another bad lose even when it improved a bit in the 2nd the damage was done  need to get points in games like Blackburn at home. If the players dont start doing something relagation is a possibilty fortunately still early in the season.

Right ok then. Lets try it.

Take RB LB 2 centre midfielders one winger and 2 strikers which is what we are currently missing (I'll consider 1 if you don't see Viduka as first team).

So thats, Young, Shorey, Reo-Coker, Barry Young Agbonglohor/Carew.

Meaning this leaves you with the following villa team.

Friedel.

Cuellar          Laursen            Davies            Bouma

Routeledge      Sidwell                Petrov        Gardner

Harewood            Milner

Not quite top 6 team now is it. As is the same with most, look at how much ball riding Man Utd got when Tevez and Ronaldo weren't there.

Talking of hypothetical situations re injuries is all well and good, but I wonder, why do some clubs - I'm thinking you and West Ham here - have so many problems with injuries?

The players you buy has something to do with it, but we've also bought players with a dodgy injury background (ie Laursen and Carew), yet we don't have problems to the same extent.

Could it be something to do with training / recuperation facilities? Worth thinking about? Curtis Davies is back and in the first team way ahead of what was expected when he did his achilles. Last season we only had Carew out for any length of time. Coincidence?

That was my first game this season, so I'm oblivious if this is a common occurance, but why was there a small group sectioned off by police in the away end?

I was curious about that as well as they were cordoned off before most of the other Blackburn fans were in.

Intially I thought that it was there hooligan element but ive since been told that it was some Sunderland fans. Who knows....

How did Duff play?  From the MotD highlights he looked like he did well in the second half, I actually think I saw him go past a few players.  Was this a case of highlights showing a misleading picture?