Kinnear all but withdraws his interest in Stephen Carr

Guest johnson293

Guest Gallowgate Mag

What the f*** is Kinnear thinking?  ???

Just a punt, but:

That, thanks to our sooper dooper scouting system we've been left with only two recognised full backs in the whole squad, and we need emergency back up. He's looked on the freebie list and Carr is the only choice.

Shame Keegan turned down Zayatte as he looked solid for Hull against Arsenal on Saturday, I'm sure he had a valid reason for turning him down.

don`t think we turned him down? We were  just too busy fannying about deciding whether to sign him or not before Hull nipped into sign him with a concrete offer

We had him here for the day training and Keegan said he'd have a word with Wise and Jimenez and let them know what he thinks, 2 days later he's gone down to Hull to sign for them on loan.

If Keegan wanted him he'd of signed him as far as I'm concerned, simple as that

Keegan wasn't doing the transfers, I thought we all knew that. Keegan would of signed Owen on long term deal if he had that sort of power.

What the f*** is Kinnear thinking?  ???

Just a punt, but:

That, thanks to our sooper dooper scouting system we've been left with only two recognised full backs in the whole squad, and we need emergency back up. He's looked on the freebie list and Carr is the only choice.

Maybe it is? But we'd be bringing back a player who is so poor he's currently unemployed.

He's not playing football for a reason and bringing him back is madness however you look at it.

Guest nyscooby

Can we not just have one of those card board cut outs of a policeman, like what you get in shops to scare shoplifters into going straight???

A lump of cardboard would be better at defending the right side than Carr.

Is it against FA rules to build a few road hump style mounds on the pitch, just as a temporary measure?? i doubt its in the rule book.

That slow the opposition down in the absence of player.

We could even use a old red telephone box for keeper when Given jumps ship......

Any inanimate objects really.

Shame Keegan turned down Zayatte as he looked solid for Hull against Arsenal on Saturday, I'm sure he had a valid reason for turning him down.

don`t think we turned him down? We were  just too busy fannying about deciding whether to sign him or not before Hull nipped into sign him with a concrete offer

We had him here for the day training and Keegan said he'd have a word with Wise and Jimenez and let them know what he thinks, 2 days later he's gone down to Hull to sign for them on loan.

Keegan wasn't doing the transfers, I thought we all knew that. Keegan would of signed Owen on long term deal if he had that sort of power.

So why say that he'll tell Wise and Jimenez what he thinks about signing him up after him training with us, similar to Bassong?

Keegan made it quite clear that re-signing Owen was totally down to Mort to sort out. He made these comments before the Mackem derby in April.  :thup:

So why say that he'll tell Wise and Jimenez what he thinks about signing him up after him training with us, similar to Bassong?

He may well of said sign him, he may well of said he is poop. TJ may have not come up with good enough numbers for Zayatte. Wise may have thought he is poop. Hull may have offered him a longer deal or more cash. Who knows? I know we live in blame culture & in your world Keegan is to blame & others will blame Wise & crew. On this one for me it was a trialist who didn't sign on loan ffs, hardly the major error, these things happen.

From what Phil Brown says ""It was interesting that we could compete with clubs like Everton and Newcastle, that's great news for us.". It sounds like we (& Everton) were beaten on £££'s but I think that is just bravado talk from Phil.

He may well of said sign him, he may well of said he is poop. TJ may have not come up with good enough numbers for Zayatte. Wise may have thought he is poop. Hull may have offered him a longer deal or more cash. Who knows? I know we live in blame culture & in your world Keegan is to blame & others will blame Wise & crew. On this one for me it was a trialist who didn't sign on loan ffs, hardly the major error, these things happen.

From what Phil Brown says ""It was interesting that we could compete with clubs like Everton and Newcastle, that's great news for us.". It sounds like we (& Everton) were beaten on £££'s but I think that is just bravado talk from Phil.

So Wise was at training with Keegan to look at the player was he?

Both him and Bassong were brought in for a trial with the final decision being left to keegan on what he thought of him after that trial, the fact he's gone and joined someone else a few days after says to me Keegan wasn't interested, while we're left with Edgar covering at right back.

Still, if he comes back then I expect all of the positions we need filling to be done in January since Wise is to blame for not getting them filled this Summer, that and owen signed to a new contract.

So Wise was at training with Keegan to look at the player was he?

Both him and Bassong were brought in for a trial with the final decision being left to keegan on what he thought of him after that trial, the fact he's gone and joined someone else a few days after says to me Keegan wasn't interested, while we're left with Edgar covering at right back.

Still, if he comes back then I expect all of the positions we need filling to be done in January since Wise is to blame for not getting them filled this Summer, that and owen signed to a new contract.

I doubt it but it is not the only factor in not getting player in is it.

You see miss the point, I am not blaming Wise or TJ or Keegan for this, Brown says Hull competed with Newcastle & Everton for his signing & they got him on loan for a season. We lost getting a loan signing in, Hull may be paying a canny whack in loan fee for all we know. As club we may not of fancied paying that for guy who would be a benchwarmer if (I KNOW) others are fit.

I dont blame Wise for the Owen farce, that is TJ gig & I guess with the numbers involved you got to think Ashley would be in the mix as well.

Kinnear went on to confirm that the club are unlikely to pursue their previous interest in bringing full-back Stephen Carr back to the club.

He added: "It would have been for very short-term. But now we have the full-backs back, I don't think there will be any more interest.

"Jose Enrique is back now, and that will take one of the full-back positions. Habib Beye will train tomorrow."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4235664,00.html

hopefully the saga doesn`t continue until Jan!

Good news on the Steven Carr front too

-----

Kinnear draws up list of players for January

JOE KINNEAR has revealed that he is preparing a "hit list" of players – just in case he is still manager of Newcastle United when the transfer window opens again in the new year.

The interim manager takes United to Goodison Park to face Everton on Sunday, armed with a plan to end a run of seven years without any success in the blue half of Merseyside.

And Kinnear is fully aware that United then have a 15-day break before Manchester City come to St James’s Park on October 20, because of another round of World Cup qualifiers.

He told me today: "I will be taking in as many of those international matches as I can, so that I will have a hit list of players if I am still here in January.

"I have been told I am here until the club is sold and, while our managing director Derek Llambias has informed me there are eight interested parties, there is nothing definite.

"Obviously if the club is sold I am here for the short term, but if it is longer I have to be prepared – and I will be."

As revealed in the Chronicle last night, Kinnear has been scouring UEFA’s list of players who are out of contract, but he is not holding his breath.

In fact, the 61-year-old former Republic of Ireland international joked: "Some of them are older than me."

Meanwhile, to be fair to Llambias, he has had two working dinners with Kinnear on Tuesday and Wednesday nights in a bid to put the interim manager in the picture, and this has been passed on to the players

Kinnear added: "I have had a long chat with Michael Owen and he told me that one of the problems with the players has been that they have been kept in the dark as to what is happening.

"Now, after talking at length to Derek Llambias, I have been able to have a clear-the-air talk with Michael in his role as skipper, and this has been passed on to the rest of the players.

"They are now up to date with what is going on and they are a lot happier."

Kinnear revealed today that is he is now unlikely to re-sign former United full-back Stephen Carr, who is still currently without a club.

Kinnear added: "I have had a long chat with Michael Owen and he told me that one of the problems with the players has been that they have been kept in the dark as to what is happening.

"Now, after talking at length to Derek Llambias, I have been able to have a clear-the-air talk with Michael in his role as skipper, and this has been passed on to the rest of the players.

Good news, but it's a disgrace it's got this far.

Good news, but it's a disgrace it's got this far.

Would it have been so hard for Llambias and Owen to organise a meeting like or Hughton, Wise et al. Ridiculous but well done to Joe for sorting it. Have to say I've been impressed with everything he has said/done so far.