Gerry Francis

Guest Gallowgate Mag

gerry francis is the eighties mullet king but all be damned if i want him as a coach :no:

He was regarded as one of the brightest managers around during KK's first spell at Newcastle, like Steve Coppell at Reading now. Not sure either are cut out for management but Francis would be an excellent coach IMO.

Guest mackas86

gerry francis is the eighties mullet king but all be damned if i want him as a coach :no:

He was regarded as one of the brightest managers around during KK's first spell at Newcastle, like Steve Coppell at Reading now. Not sure either are cut out for management but Francis would be an excellent coach IMO.

if that is the case why has no one else snapped him up before now

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me. If we are only treading water until the club is sold, why would we be making any unnescessary appointments like this? Nothing against Gerry Francis btw, I'm sure he's a very good coach.

Because we have Richard Money pinging around 3 different teams. Robbie Elliott is coaching instead of doing his normal gig. Thommo is covering 2 teams. It puzzles me that Dennis & Jeff who have both coached in the past are not helping out on the training ground.

But we already have a first team coach in Chris Hughton. Is Francis coming in as a coach or no 2?

It looks like a number 2 going off what SSN said. Round, Terry Mac & Adam Sadler have all left recently & none of them have been replaced.

Former England international Gerry Francis has reportedly been offered a coaching role at Newcastle United.

It is believed that Newcastle interim boss Joe Kinnear is keen to bolster his coaching staff following the departures of Terry McDermott and Adam Sadler.

The 56-year-old is currently working as defensive coach at Premier League rivals Stoke City.

Francis' last management position was in charge of Bristol Rovers in 2001 where he won just nine of his 31 games at the helm.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4246344,00.html

Guest The Libertine

why is ashley getting the stick for this? thats pathetic. its clearly kinnear who wants him and it'll be on a short term contract.

why is ashley getting the stick for this? thats pathetic. its clearly kinnear who wants him and it'll be on a short term contract.

Am not sure its "clearly" kinnear but as Ashley signs the cheques, hee is naturally the one people are going to look to as being the one who approved the appointment.

Its pointless arguing over who's to blame about things now anyway.

Guest The Libertine

Am not sure its "clearly" kinnear but as Ashley signs the cheques, hee is naturally the one people are going to look to as being the one who approved the appointment.

ashley has probably heard of gerry francis but im pretty sure he would only approve the appointment because kinnear wants him in. the buck stops with kinnear on this one.

if that is the case why has no one else snapped him up before now

Probably for the same reason no one's snapping up Keegan or Venables, they are yesterday's men. So was Roy Hodgson last season but he kept Fulham up. If Francis is coming in to help out Kinnear I would imagine it's a short term basis only, in which case I don't really see a problem.

Guest northwestmag1892

ashley has probably heard of gerry francis but im pretty sure he would only approve the appointment because kinnear wants him in. the buck stops with kinnear on this one.

Given that Ashley is a Spurs fan and Francis is a former manager, then yes I suspect he has probably heard of the man...

Guest The Libertine

Given that Ashley is a Spurs fan and Francis is a former manager, then yes I suspect he has probably heard of the man...

yeah....like i said.