Everton 2-2 Newcastle - 05/10/08 - Post match reaction from page 18

Nate

And Kinnear claimed the hard work put in on the training ground was to thank for the battling away point.

He said: "We showed great character and pushed the game all the way in the second half.

"We've worked two or three sessions a day on the training pitch and it has paid off.

"I started to get concerned we may not have enough experience on the pitch - but you know me I'm an optimist.

"I was racing down at half time for the first goal, and racing back up for the second. But it was a great effort from the lads and something we needed to do.

"We knew with all the pressure on us a performance was needed.

�I know I am capable of doing a good job if I am left to get on with it.

I want to leave this club in a really good way and I want to be able to walk out of here, if and whenever that time is, knowing I have left it in a better state than it is now.

�I have come to a club that has lost five out of the last seven games, morale rock bottom. I have got a big job to do.�

Guest Howaythetoon

Two shit sides, shit game, but we deserved our point and faught really well. An unexpected point even more so after being 2-0 can't be sniffed at, well done all.

2nd half was best display since Manu on opening day. Spirit was best since KK went,100 times better than last 3 games and was very significant in getting a result.

Can't understand why some thought Colo looked poor, I thought he was awesome 2nd half, Duff and Guthrie weighed in with good performances too, Duff's recent improvement has to be encouraging.

Taylor's header was immense, he seems to offer more up front than in defence at present.

Guest Phil K

Second half was some of the most insipid, gutless s**** I've ever seen and the defending for the two goals was comical. We actually made you look half decent in that second period.

I can't see where the points are coming from for us. If we can't beat you lot at home then we can't beat anyone.

Usual "if we're winning it's because we're good. If you better us it's not you, it's us"

Fact is, Everton have been sh*te and got great results when they haven't deserved it for seasons now.

The opposite of us for a lot of the time.

We're sh*te and we accept it as such.

We can only get better.

Everton are sh*te and are now being found out.

Taylor's header was immense, he seems to offer more up front than in defence at present.

I agree. Taylor's replacement at the back is obvious too

Colo does well on the ground but was again guilty for a soft goal - he simply let the player drift behind him. A game we had lost and we could have and perhaps should have won in the end. Ameobi had them baffled by his lack of speed and quick feet.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought Guthrie had a good game, the only player in midfield capable of picking a pass. He did a lot of leg work off the ball too. N'Zogbia had a decent game as well apart from his crossing and general passing. Duff likewise, hardest I've seen him work and took his goal extremely well. Some good movement and exchange of play from those 3 in particular I thought.

Guthrie's ball retention is excellent, if we had better attacking fullbacks I think he'd be one of our most important players because the way he spreads play from one side of the pitch to the other is often top class.

Second half was some of the most insipid, gutless s**** I've ever seen and the defending for the two goals was comical. We actually made you look half decent in that second period.

I can't see where the points are coming from for us. If we can't beat you lot at home then we can't beat anyone.

Usual "if we're winning it's because we're good. If you better us it's not you, it's us"

Fact is, Everton have been sh*te and got great results when they haven't deserved it for seasons now.

The opposite of us for a lot of the time.

We're sh*te and we accept it as such.

We can only get better.

Everton are sh*te and are now being found out.

I agree. Taylor's replacement at the back is obvious too

:lol: I knew someone would bite. Thanks for cheering me up.

I hope that was the last time we see Nicky Butt and Shola, two awful footballers.

You can say that again!

I hope that was the last time we see Nicky Butt and Shola, two awful footballers.

Oh.

Poor Mick. His memory hasn't half gone at his age bless him. Totally forgetting he'd already posted that so had to resort to posting it again.

I just thought it needed saying twice, they were that bad, nasty bastard.  :lol:

You can say that again!

Oh.

I see you're joining the other two.   :rolleyes:  I'm surprised after what they were saying about you.

You can say that again!

Oh.

I see you're joining the other two.   :rolleyes:  I'm surprised after what they were saying about you.

Everyone wants to be in the Newcastle Online "Pack of Bastards" :lol:

I get really excited whenever the Zog gets on the ball, the encouraging thing is that his flaws aren't technical, they're all mental, so he can be re-taught how to distribute the ball.  Also can't wait for him and Jonas bombing down the wings.