Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Heneage

Ok - no more from me then.

He was joking you know. If you read this thread you'd see that not many people actually rate Coloccini.

He's right mate. It's mick taking.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/08/Exclusive-Coloccinis-agent-on-future/gnid-56198/

Fabricio Coloccini is in talks to leave Newcastle, his agent has revealed to setanta.com.

Two options are possible for the Argentinian centre back, who has proved a disappointing signing for The Magpies, a £10 million transfer to another club or a one-year loan deal with a view to a permanent switch.

Newcastle invested €13 million to lure the defender out of Deportivo La Coruna in summer 2008 and the relegated side would be happy to part ways with a player who appeared 34 times during the course of the season.

San Lorenzo, as well as Sevilla and Atletico Madrid have emerged as possible destinations for the 27-year-old, with his representative Marcelo Lombilla insisting that Coloccini will remain in Europe.

Fabricio is disappointed with Newcastle’s relegation and he wants to play more regularly,” Lombilla told setanta.com.

“We are studying several options, all in Europe,” he added.

“The boy does not wish to return to Argentina, even if some enquiries have been made.”

Sevilla sporting director Ramon Monchi has confirmed his interest in the centre back, and he said: “Indeed we are interested, but right now we are assessing other options.”

Started 34 of 38 league games. :idiot2:

We will be lucky to get rid of him for nothing as his wages are massive and he has a 5 year contract!

He's on no more then £40,000 per week, hardly massive comparatively.

We will be lucky to get rid of him for nothing as his wages are massive and he has a 5 year contract!

He's on no more then £40,000 per week, hardly massive comparatively.

Source?

Boumsong was alright for a while. Didn't look an 8 million defender by any means, but decent enough.

Coloccini after a few months looked like he could potentially develop into a top class CB in the Premiership after a year or two. All he needed to do was adapt his game a bit to suit the different style of the Premiership and he'd be sorted.

Instead he never got his head around some of the more physical, "no-nonsense" requirements of the EPL and on top of that he seemed to lose all confidence in the things he was good at and by season's end he was a travesty of a footballer.

Best for all concerned if he moves on really, we'll still get decent money for him as he'll do a job in most European leagues. But nothing like what we paid for him, somewhere between 5 and 7 million I reckon.

A good summing-up - get him gone for anything upwards of 5m.

We could easily get 7 mil for him.  We're the only ones who (wrongfully) think he's shit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052009/58/premier-league-team-season-hail-gerrard.html

FLOPS OF THE SEASON (minimum 19 starts)

With no changes to our team of losers since last week, the unfortunate 'winner' of the flop of the season title goes to Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique.

Put simply, the Spaniard has been awful this season and there is no doubting some of his performances on the pitch have contributed to Magpies' ultimate downfall.

But he was not alone - quite how team-mate Fabricio Coloccini managed to score a higher average remains a mystery to many. Nevertheless, the Argentine was still bad enough to fill a centre-half slot, alongside Carlos Cuellar of Aston Villa, who has largely struggled to adjust to life south of the border since his switch from Rangers.

Kevin Nolan completes the shamed Magpies triumvirate, the midfielder lining up alongside League One player Keith Andrews, Stoke's Amdy Faye and yet another man with Toon connections, Charles N'Zogbia.

And to think that triumvirate very nearly became a quartet with Michael Owen teetering on the brink of the flops XI. The Newcastle striker ended the season a mere 0.09 points ahead of Afonso Alves - had he started on the final day of the season, there would have been a strong likelihood of him being included in this section.

I'd disagree about Enrique being as bad as they say, he had some games where he seemed to think the ball boys were his team-mates, but I think he just picked up poor marks in general bad defensive performances with extra points off for poor passing. Can't argue with the rest of it though, and Coloccini was easily the worst of a bad bunch last season.

I disagree with people saying he started well and then lost his confidence in a poor team. I think he showed the same weaknesses from the start, just that with new players it takes a while for you to see their flaws, or if you see them you subconsciously let them off because they're new to the team/league. Certainly within a few months there were people saying there were serious problems in his game that he'd need to improve to be any good in the Premiership. He never did, and there's no reason to believe he ever will.

There's no way we'll get anything like £7m for him, unless we agree to pay half his wages too. I think we'd be lucky to get £3-4m and we'll probably end up loaning him out abroad to avoid paying his wages, hoping he'll look half decent in another league. (He's so in demand, none of the 3 clubs he's already been on loan to in his career could hang on to him, they all had to give him back at the end of the season  :rolleyes:)

I don't hesitate in saying that for £12.5m & £50+k/w for a mature defender who doesn't have the basic skills required to play in an English league, IMO Coloccini is easily the worst transfer the club has ever made.

Piss-boilingly staggering.

He'd have made a cracking DMC and should have been used there when management realised he wasn't up to the job of being a CB, which for me was about 5 games in.

Not so sure about that. He looked abysmal in the role when he played there.

He'd have made a cracking DMC and should have been used there when management realised he wasn't up to the job of being a CB, which for me was about 5 games in.

He looked abysmal as a CB no doubting that.

If it ever got a chance:

Beye---Taylor--Bassong--Enrique

-------------- :colo:--------------------

Would have worked well.

A DMC who cant put in a tackle. Yeah sounds "cracking" to me too....

ps.

Can't tackle, poor positioning, lightweight and dog turd in the air.

So your conclusion from that is....a cracking dmc ???

A DMC who cant put in a tackle. Yeah sounds "cracking" to me too....

His decisions are not punished as much in the DMC role, it would have been a good way to break him in to English football after it was evident he was struggling in the CB role.

He can tackle, just takes too long to decide when he should, for me too much pressure on him.

A season in the DMC role and i reckon he would have been excellent for us in that role. My main problem with him is his lack of aerial ability for a CB; it was non existent.

He looked abysmal as a CB no doubting that.

If it ever got a chance:

Beye---Taylor--Bassong--Enrique

-------------- :colo:--------------------

Would have worked well.

We tried that at Man City although without Beye, it didn't work and Colo was abysmal.

We should not accept less than £8m for him to be honest

You think we should keep him then?

unless we're offered £8m plus, absolutely.

He's still an big asset and well though of on the continent

I'd be staggered if we get offered anywhere close to £8m, regardless of his reputation. He's on megabucks too (something about this being a lifechanging financial opportunity iirc) so he needs shifting.

Guest MrSundlofer

I think he started out pretty well, looked like a good buy and I think he would have been a good player here if we had have some stability in the team.

He should leave if he want to save his career.

I'd be staggered if we get offered anywhere close to £8m, regardless of his reputation. He's on megabucks too (something about this being a lifechanging financial opportunity iirc) so he needs shifting.

He was on less than £20,000 per week at Depor according to their fans.  His agent said we were doubling his wage, so he's probably on between £38k-£40k.

Also we paid 11.3m Euros as far as I remember (with a further 1 million Euro's based on performance).  So I'd be asking for between 8.5m and 9m Euros.

Guest elbee909

He was on less than £20,000 per week at Depor according to their fans.  His agent said we were doubling his wage, so he's probably on between £38k-£40k.

Also we paid 11.3m Euros as far as I remember (with a further 1 million Euro's based on performance).  So I'd be asking for between 8.5m and 9m Euros.

I wonder how many people would think of going from 20k per week to 40k per week as really life-changing, though?  Bizarre.