awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

Ive got a feeling Shola is going to be terrific with Oba, we will score 3 goals, Shola getting 2 and Oba with the other

Sunderland 2-3 Newcastle

Richardson (7) , Shola (19) , Cisse (37) , Oba (65) , Shola (88) ... now that would be magic  :coolsmiley: if it comes off and i dont put a few quid on 3-2 i will be gutted.

although im changing my mind everyday...

i'm un-decided on this, my first impulse is to sit on the fence and say draw, but thinking about it we've been pretty good in the last two games and our confidence is only going to get better after the man city result. add to that the fact that its a derby and our lot have a lot to prove this season and we might just get a performance out of them and beat the twats.

how have the mackems been playing recently?

i'm un-decided on this, my first impulse is to sit on the fence and say draw, but thinking about it we've been pretty good in the last two games and our confidence is only going to get better after the man city result. add to that the fact that its a derby and our lot have a lot to prove this season and we might just get a performance out of them and beat the twats.

They've won 2 games this season. 2.

They've managed to score 7 goals in 8 games too.

K.Jones played an hour tonight & did not pick up knock. I think he may be on the bench, just hope he is not fit enough to start.

Why? He's really not that good.

I think he is a really good target man & now he has is decent striker partner next to him in Sissy he will be better.

so no great shakes recently, haven't they drawn their last two games aswell? like us. why exactly are they favourites? because we lost our manager and had loads of injuries?

so no great shakes recently, haven't they drawn their last two games aswell? like us. why exactly are they favourites? because we lost our manager and had loads of injuries?

We had been in freefall until recently tbf. Injuries all over the place and no manager. Club in turmoil blah blah blah.

Now we're getting players back, have a bit of leadership and playing better football.

As I've said, I think we'll take something from the game.

K.Jones played an hour tonight & did not pick up knock. I think he may be on the bench, just hope he is not fit enough to start.

I think he is a really good target man & now he has is decent striker partner next to him in Sissy he will be better.

He's not that bad but I've no idea how he's managed to get so highly rated. He went on a decent but short scoring run before Christmas last year and then to the best of my knowledge didn't score again.

He's not that bad but I've no idea how he's managed to get so highly rated. He went on a decent but short scoring run before Christmas last year and then to the best of my knowledge didn't score again.

Because he is a beast in the air & last year Sunderland played mainly with one up, with the likes of Chopra, Stokes etc out wide. With two up top this year I would imagine his striker is going to benefit from playing with Jones. It was crazy talk by Keane, wast it 30 or 40 million he mentioned?

He got highly rated because JT said he was the best player in air in the Premier Leagaue.

Guest bertiemasson

some odds on the game courtesy of Oddschecker.com

1st Goalscorer - Owen 13/2 (betf) Martins 8/1 (coral) Chopra 8/1** (coral) Amoebi 9/1 (coral) Duff 10/1 (WH) Jonas 20/1 (betf)

Utd to win - best odds high street 9/4 (betf)

Penalty in match - 21/10 (paddyp)

Ncl to score 3 goals - 10/1 (paddyp)

same old shite odds - but sure to change as week goes on ......keep track at

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/barclays-premiership/sunderland-v-newcastle/win-market

** you know it could happen

Keep it up Midds. :D

:lol:

What's the alternative? Go there quaking in our boots because they've won 2 games so far?

We're starting to show a bit of fight and conceding first doesn't mean automatically losing the game anymore. If we manage to put a good team out, which we should, score first and their crowd will turn on them. We're long overdue a win and they've not beaten us for nearly 30 years down there.

Not saying we'll definitely win but I can't understand the awe some people have for Sunderland. 2 wins man.  :lol:

He's a beast in the air and will win every challenge against Taylor or Coloccini. If we get our tactics right we can still cope with this by assuming he'll win the aerial battles but pick up on the second ball. Stick Taylor on him and get Colo to pick up the runner.

Jones is just another Ameobi at the end of the day, we should be able to cope if we defend right as a back four.

He got highly rated because JT said he was the best player in air in the Premier Leagaue.

Wasn't just that. Anyway, just to reiterate, I rate him but I don't think he's really that great.

What I do know come Saturday the less time he is on the pitch the better chance we have of winning. It was him last year that created Sunderlands goal down to his effort more than anything. I am not sure how it came across on TV but most of us at the SOL were shitting it a bit everytime he had the ball or they were chucking it into the box for him.

Because he is a beast in the air & last year Sunderland played mainly with one up, with the likes of Chopra, Stokes etc out wide. With two up top this year I would imagine his striker is going to benefit from playing with Jones. It was crazy talk by Keane, wast it 30 or 40 million he mentioned?

Stokes is so good they sent him on loan to Sheffield Utd for 3 months. :lol:

He's a beast in the air and will win every challenge against Taylor or Coloccini. If we get our tactics right we can still cope with this by assuming he'll win the aerial battles but pick up on the second ball. Stick Taylor on him and get Colo to pick up the runner.

Jones is just another Ameobi at the end of the day, we should be able to cope if we defend right as a back four.

I know he's a beast in the air and all that but I'm not as impressed with the rest of his game - if we can restrict him aerially as much as possible then that'll lesson his threat factor a fair amount.

Stokes is so good they sent him on loan to Sheffield Utd for 3 months. :lol:

You write that like I made out he was good.

Guest timmy boy

How long is it since we went in front in a game ? It must be Coventry in the cup.Would be nice if we can get a lead so we don't have to chase the game for a change.