awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

A few to come back for us lets hope they all do make it and Beye's card gets over turned.

--------------Given

Beye----Tayls------Colo-------Bass

Jonas---Guth-------Bart-------Zoggy

---------Owen-------Oba

BENCH

Harper

Enrique

Cacapa

Butt

Duff

Geremi

Xisco

A few to come back for us lets hope they all do make it and Beye's card gets over turned.

--------------Given

---------Owen-------Oba

BENCH

Harper

Enrique

Cacapa

Butt

Duff

Geremi

Xisco

Hate to say it, but Duff is pretty much undroppable at this point. Especially not for Charles "runs to nowhere" N'Zogbia.

Can't believe I'm saying this but it would be harsh to drop Duff atm!

I'd only play one of Oba and Owen, ditto Barton and Jonas.

Be tempted with something along the lines of

Shay

Beye - Taylor - Colo - Bassong

Geremi - Butt - Guthrie

Duff - Shola - Martins

Options on the bench from

Zoggy

Owen

Xisco

Jonas

Barton

Ranger

Cacapa

Harper

This game will be won through graft and the odd spark from either team

--------------Given

---------Owen-------Oba

BENCH

Harper

Enrique

Cacapa

Butt

Duff

Geremi

Xisco

that ,but duff for zoggy

If Beye's card doesn't get rescinded, i'd keep the same backline that finished the match last night. Thought that was probably Geremi's best performance that he's had for us, whilst not being at CM.

If Beye's card doesn't get rescinded, i'd keep the same backline that finished the match last night. Thought that was probably Geremi's best performance that he's had for us, whilst not being at CM.

Geremi was actually pretty good in midfield before the sending off. Looked a lot sharper than he has of late.

Jonas has 50% chance of playing = he will be playing

Given

Beye        Taylor    Coloccini      Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

Jonas                                              Duff

Martins

Ameobi

0-3 Ameobi hat-trick

Guest nufc_kev

Given

Beye         Taylor     Coloccini       Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

Martins

Ameobi

0-3 Ameobi hat-trick

I honestly wouldn't drop Geremi after his performance last night.

i wish Barton was starting in this one. Infact, as long as he comes on and hits Diouf hard i dont care.

Barton is playing agaisnt the Boro tonight for the reserves, getiing some amtch fitness :D

aye, just wish he was fit enough to start!

Given

Beye         Taylor     Coloccini       Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

Martins

Ameobi

0-3 Ameobi hat-trick

Not a bad side if Fasheobi plays like he did last night.

Guest Heneage

i wish Barton was starting in this one. Infact, as long as he comes on and hits Diouf hard i dont care.

A mackem told me last night "El Radji" will clean anyone out.

Even if beyes card aint overturned his ban won't kick in until after sunderland. Hopefully the team is Given Beye Taylor Colo Bassong Jonas guthrie  Butt Duff Martins owen subs Harper Enrique shola geremi Cacapa Barton n zogbia...... If owen or jonas aint fit i would put Charlie in to replace either

Geremi was actually pretty good in midfield before the sending off. Looked a lot sharper than he has of late.

I thought it was one of his best performances for the club in a lot of ways. Played a massively importany role by dropping back there and like you said, he was good in midfield beforehand.

Played some cracking through balls over the top aswell.

I would start with the same team as last night if Beye's card is overturned. We would then have good options on the bench with Jonas and Barton and possibly Owen. I definatley wouldn't risk both Jonas and Barton from the start.

Guest geordienorway

Even if beyes card aint overturned his ban won't kick in until after sunderland. Hopefully the team is Given Beye Taylor Colo Bassong Jonas guthrie  Butt Duff Martins owen subs Harper Enrique shola geremi Cacapa Barton n zogbia...... If owen or jonas aint fit i would put Charlie in to replace either

Are you 100 % sure of this?

For the first time in my lifetime anyway, the pressure is all on Sunderland for this one. Can't remember anytime where Sunderland have went into these as favourites. Would be the sweetest derby win ever for me this one, if despite the fact we've got an owner who wants out, a manager who doesn't know how long he'll be here, and Sunderland supposedly on the up, we won this one and went level with them in the table. Still think we're the better team with the better players though, and I can see us winning...2-1 would be a nice scoreline.

Still think Martins looks way off being match-fit, so I'd go with...

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - Bassong

CB - Taylor

CB - Coloccini

RM - Geremi

LM - Duff

CM - Guthrie

CM - Butt

CF - Ameobi

CF - Owen

Subs: Harper, Enrique, Cacapa, Barton, N'Zogbia, Martins, Xisco.

If Beye's red-card doesn't get overturned, then Geremi right-back, Duff on the right, N'Zogbia on the left.

For the first time in my lifetime anyway, the pressure is all on Sunderland for this one. Can't remember anytime where Sunderland have went into these as favourites. Would be the sweetest derby win ever for me this one, if despite the fact we've got an owner who wants out, a manager who doesn't know how long he'll be here, and Sunderland supposedly on the up, we won this one and went level with them in the table. Still think we're the better team with the better players though, and I can see us winning...2-1 would be a nice scoreline.

I am with you on this one. I just feel we've turned the corner at the right time and will be really up for it. Beye will be a big loss as Stiles being a cowardly cunt won't put his career at stake by admitting to a second gaffe in a couple of weeks.

Geremi should stay RB and hopefully Gutierrez will be fit to play. If not Barton or Guthrie could do a job wide right. Taylor will need to take care of Kenwyn Jones though, he'll cause us problems if he's back for this one.