Tony Jimenez leaves the club

geordie2000

Another victory for the sub prime mob ?

Who next lads, who do you want as his replacement ?

Aye, hounded out by all those "Jimenez out" banners.

You know full well he was included in that "cockney mafia", and he's seen as one of Ashley's "cronies".

Guest Chubby Jason

Wasn't he Vice-President of player recruitment or something? If so how can anyone defend him? If you're responsible for bring players in, then signing one or two decent ones isn't enough. We needed a squad capable of challenging for a top-6 spot, how could we do that with the unbalanced, tiny squad we have now?

Good riddance to him, along with Wise and whoever else was in charge of bringing in players this last window.

It's been niggling away at me for a few weeks but how do you know that Keegan didn't turn down every player they suggested and that's why we're short on numbers?

I'm not sticking up for Jimenez or otherwise, but no-one really knows the truth do they, apart from KK, Jimenez, Wise and Llambias?

He may well have turned some players down, but he even said in his statement after he left that no manager should have players forced upon them so he probably got fed up of players he'd never heard of turning up training.

Sorry to dredge this up again, but if they had let KK bring in his own players we would have had a bigger, probably more balanced squad than we have now, not only that, but we'd still have a manager.

I'm delighted Jiminez has gone because he was part of a failed recruitment regime, Wise should have been sacked on September 2nd too. Really can't wait to see the back of him.

:celb:

What's to celebrate? ???

I'm delighted Jiminez has gone because he was part of a failed recruitment regime, Wise should have been sacked on September 2nd too. Really can't wait to see the back of him.

Guest Chubby Jason

What's to celebrate? ???

How do I make a little "copyright" symbol after my posts?  ;D

What's to celebrate? ???

How do I make a little "copyright" symbol after my posts?  ;D

:joker:

an indication that the sale is imminent if Ashley is letting his precious team break up?

My thoughts precisely.

I'm not sure how it means the sale is imminent.  It could just as easily mean Jiminez has found another job.

What's to celebrate? ???

Be careful what you wish for. :undecided: You may have cause to look back in a few months and be thinking that Ashley's tenure here was a golden era of enlightenment and good management by comparison with what could be around the corner.

I'm with Platini on the state of English football - if we get sold to another foreign interest group that's another nail in the coffin of English football, never mind just NUFC.

Ah, but...let's celebrate it anyway, eh? :doh:

Guest helios_centric

Why do we need a (insert Jimenez' pretentious job title here) person on the books? Do other clubs have this? It doesn't seem to have worked and what would his job be when the transfer  window is closed?

Don't care one way or the other, but it's probably best all round if those associated with the outgoing regime simply move on to pastures new. We need a clean break.

What's to celebrate? ???

Be careful what you wish for. :undecided: You may have cause to look back in a few months and be thinking that Ashley's tenure here was a golden era of enlightenment and good management by comparison with what could be around the corner.

I'm with Platini on the state of English football - if we get sold to another foreign interest group that's another nail in the coffin of English football, never mind just NUFC.

Never look back at the future.  :shifty:

Have I taught you nothing!?  :dave:

Wasn't he Vice-President of player recruitment or something? If so how can anyone defend him? If you're responsible for bring players in, then signing one or two decent ones isn't enough. We needed a squad capable of challenging for a top-6 spot, how could we do that with the unbalanced, tiny squad we have now?

Good riddance to him, along with Wise and whoever else was in charge of bringing in players this last window.

It's been niggling away at me for a few weeks but how do you know that Keegan didn't turn down every player they suggested and that's why we're short on numbers?

I'm not sticking up for Jimenez or otherwise, but no-one really knows the truth do they, apart from KK, Jimenez, Wise and Llambias?

He may well have turned some players down, but he even said in his statement after he left that no manager should have players forced upon them so he probably got fed up of players he'd never heard of turning up training.

Sorry to dredge this up again, but if they had let KK bring in his own players we would have had a bigger, probably more balanced squad than we have now, not only that, but we'd still have a manager.

Don't we have to take it as fact that Keegan did not have any say in transfers therefore if the triangle of evil identified the player then the only reason he isn't here is due to personal terms not being met?

Or are we now allowed to speculate that Keegan turned players down and therefore by definition had an input to the transfer activity?

I'm confused.com

an indication that the sale is imminent if Ashley is letting his precious team break up?

My thoughts precisely.

I'd think the opposite - if we were close to a sale he'd have hung around for the pay off... With no sale on the horizon he's stuck at a club where he feels unwanted (by the fans) and where any work he does over the season would probably be a waste of time when a new manager eventually gets appointed, so he's fucked off.

My thoughts precisely.

I'd think the opposite - if we were close to a sale he'd have hung around for the pay off... With no sale on the horizon he's stuck at a club where he feels unwanted and where any work he does over the season would probably be a waste of time when a new manager eventually gets appointed, so he's f***ed off.

Oh Christ, I hadn't thought of it that way. How fecking depressing is that? :(

What's to celebrate? ???

The last two English owners and the last 4 British managers haven't done us much good.

"Jimenez’s decision comes after one of his best friends, city banker Frank McGarahan, was murdered in Norwich City centre last weekend, an incident which made nationwide headlines.

But I understand there has been no bust-up between Jimenez and United owner Mike Ashley, and that the former will be back in football in another capacity by early next week at the latest."

Aye, thats the way it is with the "cockney mafia out" mob I'm afraid.

As he said "signing one or two decent ones isn't enough" - so lets hound him out and then we'll have NO one bringing in NO players at all. 

That's progress for you.

At least there'll be one less "cockney" around. Yippee !

What's to celebrate? ???

Never look back at the future.  :shifty:

Have I taught you nothing!?  :dave:

No, the only thing you've ever taught me is how to make funny hats with tin foil. And even that doesn't work. :dave:

What's to celebrate? ???

The last two English owners and the last 4 British managers haven't done us much good.

Neither has "fan power" either, tbh.

What's to celebrate? ???

Neither has "fan power" either, tbh.

Nothing has, and probably never will.  :weep:

We don't know what is around the corner, but we know this street has come to an end and there's no turning back, so closure as it is inevitable and necessary its needed by all involved at the club.