England vs Team We Should Beat: Part II

Neil

2102: GOAL Belarus 1-3 England

That, quite simply, is magnificent. I mean, just sublime. The ball is played infield about 35 yards out, Wayne Rooney dummies it and makes a run towards the box. Steven Gerrard finds him, Rooney brilliantly dribbles past one tackle and clips the ball high into the net from eight yards. Fabulous goal. World-class.

That, quite simply, is magnificent. I mean, just sublime. The ball is played infield about 35 yards out, Wayne Rooney dummies it and makes a run towards the box. Steven Gerrard finds him, Rooney brilliantly dribbles past one tackle and clips the ball high into the net from eight yards. Fabulous goal. World-class.

Haha, it wasn't that good. Nice goal like.

I dread to think what the spunkfest would be like had we scored the one Belarus did.

I dread to think what the spunkfest would be like had we scored the one Belarus did.

But it was Roooooooooooney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Left foot Steven, you thick c***. Left foot.

Thats what my dad said. But the the c*** should have scored with his right foot easy anyway.

With that much time and that much confidence in his right foot, it was the right choice just wrong execution

8/10 performance from england. Im actually enjoying watching them again

Guest Slippery Sam

A magnificent spunkfest, only to be criticised by people like you saying 'It was lucky. The opposition didn't make a fucking tackle for five minutes etc etc blah blah blah hot air, hot air.'

A magnificent spunkfest, only to be criticised by people like you saying 'It was lucky. The opposition didn't make a fucking tackle for five minutes etc etc blah blah blah hot air, hot air.'

No, I'd have said it was an excellent goal. ???

Full time. Decent performance.

Excellent start to the campaign.

Played:4 Won:4

For:14 Against:3

Can't ask for much more than that. :thup:

Fuck that, we should have had a bundle against Andorra.

Seriouly though, very good second half performance again from England. I pretty much have the same view as i did after Kazakhstan; good, coprehensive win, great result - still not convinced with the system and particular individuals, namely Walcott, Heskey and Lampard/Gerrard.

Cracking start though, we should have this group in the bag.

Third goal: superb. Quality goal that, such clever play.

Aside from Croatia we've not really faced a truly decent side yet, mind.

Still an impressive start regardless.

Still got a few difficult fixtures left tbh. Can't see us winning every game but we should piss it because Croatia and the Ukraine will also drop points.

Aside from Croatia we've not really faced a truly decent side yet, mind.

Still an impressive start regardless.

Sure, the fact of the matter is - you can only beat what's infront of you. We've done that comprehensively and we have looked several classes above. Whereas in the past, under McClaren and Sven's later days - we've unconvincingly plodded along.

I'm enjoying watching England play again. Rooney is quality.

Also been impressed by the "level" displayed by both the Kazaks and Belarus tonight... they have some decent players.