Keegan to launch £9m unfair dismissal claim?

Dave

I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

What I'd be more worried about if true, is that we gave Keegan a contract worth £9m over 3 and a half years more than anything...that would mean he'd been on £50,000 a week whilst here. Surely not?

?

Looks a fair wage for a manager in relation to what players earn nowadays.

It's more than fair considering he hasn't even completed one year before walking out.

Que?

He wants paying for 3 and a half years despite being here for only 8 months?

What has this to do with my point that paying a manager 50,000 pound a week looks like a fair wage in comparison to player's wages?

Whether you are a player or a manager you are usually expected to turn up for work if you want to get paid.

Still what relevance does this have to O-Nut's reservation of giving a manager a contract of 50k a week and my opinion that this looks like a fair wage these days.

Wether Keegan is entitled to a full compensation after resigning/forced to resign has nothing to do with the question about the original terms being sensible.

I'm quite ok with the original terms though and never said otherwise. For me that isn't the issue as I've explained already.

Err, ok. So your post had nothing to do with my point and you were just quoting totally out of context. You were just desperate to post another snidey remark against Keegan. Fine.

Tooj is right.

How is it totally out of context? How is it a snidey comment against Keegan? If it's being reported in the London Standard are we supposed to know something they don't which would make us dismiss it as false? Personally I don't like the idea that Keegan would sue my club for money unless he's been sacked unfairly. At the moment I'm not convinced he has.

Suggesting that the story could be true is 'snide'?

Its quite possible that he is claiming compensation. Deal with it. I'm not arsed whether he claims 90p of 9m, it wont affect my judgement of the man. It would undermine people who have been comparing him to 'men of principle' in a language fitting for those fine men who fought against slavery, ended apartheid in South Africa, stood up against unjust wars and of course, sacrificed themselves to rid the geordie earth of the cockneys though.

Anyway, if he is suing Mike Ashley it could be that it doesnt even affect the club. It may be impossible to transfer this case to the new owners, in which case, you maybe shoud think of supporting the idea of his claim?

If he is suing Mike Ashley personally then good luck to him, I'm not concerned in the slightest if Ashley gets taken to the cleaners.

I won't however back Keegan against the club unless he has a cast iron case...which I hope he doesn't. I'd rather that money was re-invested in the team by the new owners.

Guest Darth Toon

I presume you two are still waiting to pass judgement on the whole Keegan affair then since no actual facts have been established?

I wish more had been level-headed like you two instead of jumping in feet first without the first clue of what the facts were from day 1 (sep 2nd). 

In the absence of hard evidence the best any of us can do is make our minds up based on any available facts, plus previous experience of the parties involved, and being human in nature, also clouded no doubt by personal prejudice.  Simple fact is I have previous experience of KK going back over 3 decades - I admire him and trust him. I have very little knowledge of Mike Ashley prior to his actions at NUFC, which largely haven't impressed me (partly due to recent events, but also due to less net transfer market spend in 3 windows than the mackems paid for a dodgy keeper)

I have knowledge of Dennis Wise going back over several years which leads me to strongly suspect he is a cunt - who's side do you think I'm likely to be sympathetic to?

I presume you two are still waiting to pass judgement on the whole Keegan affair then since no actual facts have been established?

I wish more had been level-headed like you two instead of jumping in feet first without the first clue of what the facts were from day 1 (sep 2nd). 

In the absence of hard evidence the best any of us can do is make our minds up based on any available facts, plus previous experience of the parties involved, and being human in nature, also clouded no doubt by personal prejudice.  Simple fact is I have previous experience of KK going back over 3 decades - I admire him and trust him. I have very little knowledge of Mike Ashley prior to his actions at NUFC, which largely haven't impressed me (partly due to recent events, but also due to less net transfer market spend in 3 windows than the mackems paid for a dodgy keeper)

I have knowledge of Dennis Wise going back over several years which leads me to strongly suspect he is a cunt - who's side do you think I'm likely to be sympathetic to?

The club's.

Also, i'm trying to ignore my previous experience to maintain a balanced view. The utter futility of his walkout in 97 gets very little mention on here anyway.

Its quite possible that he is claiming compensation. Deal with it. I'm not arsed whether he claims 90p of 9m, it wont affect my judgement of the man. It would undermine people who have been comparing him to 'men of principle' in a language fitting for those fine men who fought against slavery, ended apartheid in South Africa, stood up against unjust wars and of course, sacrificed themselves to rid the geordie earth of the cockneys though.

Anyway, if he is suing Mike Ashley it could be that it doesnt even affect the club. It may be impossible to transfer this case to the new owners, in which case, you maybe shoud think of supporting the idea of his claim?

If he is suing Mike Ashley personally then good luck to him, I'm not concerned in the slightest if Ashley gets taken to the cleaners.

I won't however back Keegan against the club unless he has a cast iron case...which I hope he doesn't. I'd rather that money was re-invested in the team by the new owners.

How on earth could he sue Mike Ashley personally? If there were any claim it would obviously be against the club.

How on earth could he sue Mike Ashley personally? If there were any claim it would obviously be against the club.

I was thinking that the case would be against an employer, (SJ Holdings?) which would not be the company that owns the club in the future, therefore the case would be against SJ Holdings and therefore Ashley's network of companies that supports this business structure.

He loves the club?

Yeah, right.

Not as much as he would love to keep his Soccer Centre creditors happy is my guess.  Shame.

Nail on head.

Makes you wonder why he came back in the first place and got out so quickly once an "opportunity" arose.

Choosing to believe the press now are we.

I don't read the press - what are they saying like ?

I can see why you missed it then, but apparently the London Evening Standard newspaper - which obviously has it's finger on the pulse of the goings on at Newcastle United - is claiming that Keegan is suing the club for £9m. The really funny thing is though that some people are choosing to believe it without any quotes or evidence whatsoever, purely based on what "Standard Sport understands"!

BTW for someone who doesn't read the press you sure have a lot of posts in the "The Media : 'We hate Newcastle United'" thread. Just posting your opinion on something you know absolutely nothing about as usual I guess.

Then saying you're so smart you've probably noticed that they relate to media other than the press (you do realise there is a difference don't you ?) or relate to posts about press articles already in there.

Or is that you replying to a post you haven't bothered reading properly again?  I guess.

What I'd be more worried about if true, is that we gave Keegan a contract worth £9m over 3 and a half years more than anything...that would mean he'd been on £50,000 a week whilst here. Surely not?

?

It's more than fair considering he hasn't even completed one year before walking out.

Que?

What has this to do with my point that paying a manager 50,000 pound a week looks like a fair wage in comparison to player's wages?

Whether you are a player or a manager you are usually expected to turn up for work if you want to get paid.

Still what relevance does this have to O-Nut's reservation of giving a manager a contract of 50k a week and my opinion that this looks like a fair wage these days.

Wether Keegan is entitled to a full compensation after resigning/forced to resign has nothing to do with the question about the original terms being sensible.

I'm quite ok with the original terms though and never said otherwise. For me that isn't the issue as I've explained already.

Err, ok. So your post had nothing to do with my point and you were just quoting totally out of context. You were just desperate to post another snidey remark against Keegan. Fine.

Tooj is right.

How is it totally out of context?

Because it had nothing to do with what I said, i.e. the post you quoted.

Anyway, others are free to decide who looks like a dullard here. Bye.

?

Que?

Tooj is right.

How is it totally out of context?

Because it had nothing to do with what I said, i.e. the post you quoted.

Anyway, others are free to decide who looks like a dullard here. Bye.

They are also free to decide who is an obstinate pedantic, fussing over the exact nature of who said what and when and avoiding the point being made entirely.

Once again the hacks will be laughing at us.

Its so sad that even after so many lies and fabrication from the press over the months,

We will knee jerk at the drop of a hat when the press put anything out. Reading our own fans turning on KK on the strength of shite from the back pages is depressing.

I would put this story in the same drawer as 'Shearers bar to be renamed' until something more concrete comes out.

Its so sad that even after so many lies and fabrication from the press over the months,

We will knee jerk at the drop of a hat when the press put anything out. Reading our own fans turning on KK on the strength of s**** from the back pages is depressing.

I would put this story in the same drawer as 'Shearers bar to be renamed' until something more concrete comes out.

They are re-naming Shearers!  :angry:  :knuppel2:  :tickedoff:

RIOT!

We will knee jerk at the drop of a hat when the press put anything out. Reading our own fans turning on KK on the strength of s**** from the back pages is depressing.

RIOT!

I'd heard they were going to rename it WISEY's WINEHOLE

Guest nufc_kev

I cant believe you lot have the knackers to question Keegan!

Where would we be now if he hadnt pulled us out of the s*** all those years back eh lads..?

Probably playing at Chesterfield on a tuesday neet.

No wonder people laugh at us when we proclaim to be the worlds best fans these days!

We USED to be... poor show chaps  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

RIOT!

I'd heard they were going to rename it WISEY's WINEHOLE

Ashley's Alcoholve or Jumpin' Jimminez were mentioned too.

I cant believe you lot have the knackers to question Keegan!

Where would we be now if he hadnt pulled us out of the s*** all those years back eh lads..?

Probably playing at Chesterfield on a tuesday neet.

No wonder people laugh at us when we proclaim to be the worlds best fans these days!

We USED to be... poor show chaps  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I don't think any true NUFC fans would question the great times we had with KK as a player or a manager nor that he was a great guy.

Equally NUFC fans should not be expected to show blind faith because of that.

Remember Keegan walked away from us for whatever reason, and despite the sh*t that put us in he has yet to say anything.

The boys at NUFC.com whatever you think about them are surely true Newcastle fans and they have written :-

The cynical side of us can't help wonder what part finance played in all of the September saga that plumbed new depths for this club.

Keegan has always been viewed as a man of principal but there aren't many whose principals aren't swayed by colour of money....

I think we all love Keegan, but he walked out on us. Again.

No, actually, in the lack of hard evidence, the best any of us can do is keep some kind of open mind about how to aportion blame. Unfortunately this involves recognizing that Keegan may have acted in his own self-interest, perhaps to the detriment of the club.

The lack of respect for Keegan is a disgrace.

Shameful.

Equally, however, holding him (or indeed anyone) in unquestioning awe and respect, is utterly moronic to the point of being brain-dead.

The lack of respect for Keegan is a disgrace.

Shameful.

Equally, however, holding him (or indeed anyone) in unquestioning awe and respect, is utterly moronic to the point of being brain-dead.

Very true. Keegans done wonders for our club but like everyone else, he's flawed and made mistakes.