The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Stephen927

Can't see it being Insua. He's been playing quite well for Liverpool in the absense of Aurelio, plus he's at some tournament with the national team so pushing through a deal might be a bit difficult.

Guest toonlass

Don't think Saviola would be keen on warming the bench behind Owen and Oba.

Martins is out for at least 6 weeks.

Paper's said that even with the operation he could be out for as little as two.

Papers said were signing Nigel Quashie.

So where'd you pull your six weeks number from then, thin air? :lol:

SSN's after they'd spoke to JFK about Lovenkrands

Harper recovered from the same surgery in 11 days.

The truth is out there.

And?

Its truthful?

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Magpies boss, however, did admit he could be prepared to allow some of his fringe players to leave, allowing him to make a move on one of his own targets.

Kinnear said: "We have got a meeting this evening to talk about the situation and how far down the road we are.

"We have got one or two fringe players who we have had offers for, reasonable offers, so I might consider letting them go, and if that money does come in - which will amount to about £4.5million - from them, I will be in a position to get the player I want."

Kinnear hopes to sign up Denmark international winger Peter Lovenkrands, who began a trial on Tyneside on Monday, until the end of the season on Friday, while he confirmed substantial loan fees have been agreed for two overseas players.

Experience

He said: "They are international players. One is Italian, the other is Argentinian.

"The fact is that they are not actually playing in their current sides. They are fringe players, but they have got a lot of experience, which we need at the moment.

"We have had some positive vibes from their agents that they are keen to come and join us.

"But they are expensive and we have just got to sort out the finances."

Kinnear admitted as the winter window opened that he hopes to recruit as many as four or five new players, and events since have simply increased his needs.

Andy Carroll, Obafemi Martins, Shola Ameobi, Mark Viduka, Smith, Barton, Steven Taylor, Habib Beye, Claudio Cacapa, Jose Enrique and Geremi will all miss Wednesday's game.

When asked if even more players than first thought could arrive in the coming weeks, Kinnear said: "That's a possibility because of the crisis we find ourselves in now - and I think it is a must as well.

"I have explained that to the owner and to the managing director and to be honest, fingers crossed, I am hoping, without tempting fate, the answer will be 'Yes'."

SkySports.com

4.5mil, JK that is probably for 6 of our fringe players

Don't think Saviola would be keen on warming the bench behind Owen and Oba.

Martins is out for at least 6 weeks.

Paper's said that even with the operation he could be out for as little as two.

Papers said were signing Nigel Quashie.

So where'd you pull your six weeks number from then, thin air? :lol:

SSN's after they'd spoke to JFK about Lovenkrands

Harper recovered from the same surgery in 11 days.

The truth is out there.

And?

Its truthful?

And?

Do people even read the articles? FRINGE players, and people suggest Zog and Enrique who have played in 90% of the last dozen or so games.

Personally, I think the most likely ones are Smith, Geremi and Edgar.

Do people even read the articles? FRINGE players, and people suggest Zog and Enrique who have played in 90% of the last dozen or so games.

Personally, I think the most likely ones are Smith, Geremi and Edgar.

He's mentioned fringe players in the past and spoke about getting rid of Enrique then, said if he could get another left back in he could move him on iirc.