The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

He really doesn't.

This.

The thing is I like Tevez, but Saviola is a better goal scorer and much more polished overall.

Tevez is quality but sometimes has a tendency to slip into a bit of a captain caveman mode. Too much cowabunga and not enough guapa.

Nothing further on Macmanus from Celtic, thank God. Rather we went for Berra from Hearts as I do not rate Macmanus at all.

What I found interesting was the lack of a response from Celtic considering we were linked with their captain.

Had me thinking there might be something in it.

Hughton dismissed talk that Celtic star Stephen McManus was on his way to Tyneside and insisted Joey Barton would remain at United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/27/nufc-still-hopeful-of-signing-albin-ebondo-72703-22790938/

Nothing further on Macmanus from Celtic, thank God. Rather we went for Berra from Hearts as I do not rate Macmanus at all.

What I found interesting was the lack of a response from Celtic considering we were linked with their captain.

Had me thinking there might be something in it.

Hughton dismissed talk that Celtic star Stephen McManus was on his way to Tyneside and insisted Joey Barton would remain at United.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/27/nufc-still-hopeful-of-signing-albin-ebondo-72703-22790938/

Gotcha.

He really doesn't.

This.

The thing is I like Tevez, but Saviola is a better goal scorer and much more polished overall.

Tevez is quality but sometimes has a tendency to slip into a bit of a captain caveman mode. Too much cowabunga and not enough guapa.

What are you basing this on, btw. Tevez has consistantly created goals and danger ever since he caught fire with West Ham a few seasons back. During the same period of time, Saviola has gathered splinters in his arse. Maybe 5 years ago when Saviola was at Barca and Tevez was at Boca Juniors you could claim this, but not now.

He really doesn't.

This.

You wumming here Kaka? Spouting things like this will only mean people stop reading your otherwise good posts.

Guest Heneage

He's played 95 times over the last 3 and a half seasons, no idea if he's currently a first team regular though.

He's not, he's behind Kuzmanovic and their other midfielder who's name escapes.

He's played 95 times over the last 3 and a half seasons, no idea if he's currently a first team regular though.

He's not, he's behind Kuzmanovic and their other midfielder who's name escapes.

Gobbi