The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

They may as well just ditch this fucking transfer window, they keep moving the closing dates anway.

well it is a shit idea, like, its got the champions league teams, buying all the talent in the summer.

telephone, fax, email, video conferencing, skype, fucking text messages, sign language...none of these methods of communication are sufficient to be able to complete a deal in the year 2009 huh?  diabolical

redknapp will probably sign half the fucking world if the window is extended

I think its about getting people to medicals.

telephone, fax, email, video conferencing, skype, f***ing text messages, sign language...none of these methods of communication are sufficient to be able to complete a deal in the year 2009 huh?  diabolical

redknapp will probably sign half the f***ing world if the window is extended

Medicals, contract signings etc. can't be done any other way than in person.

medical could be done at any one of a thousand approved clinics i'm sure*...contracts agreed in principle with a signed fax sent to the fa for confirmation as legally binding and physically signed at the first opportunity

too easy?  fuck it lets extend 24 or 48 hours

*to be fair, if we're involved in any transfers i'd hope to fuck they WERE being done elsewhere!

Impressed at the training ground. Outsprinted Duff to the canteen.

Duff will have dived.

or turned in the wrong direction , when it was easier to go forward.

Imagine him eating the bacon roll - attempts to bite the left side, then the right side, then the left side again. Drops it on the floor, hangs his head and walks away.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Theyve invited Craig to the training ground. Would be pretty stupid to invite him there if nothing was to happen.

Like I said, they've probably invited him there to put him out of the way while players discuss terms in the stadium.

They've lured him down to the training ground out of public view, plied him with bacon rolls laced with GHB - bacon covering the salty taste - and bundled him away in a van.

hahahahahahahahaha!

telephone, fax, email, video conferencing, skype, fucking text messages, sign language...none of these methods of communication are sufficient to be able to complete a deal in the year 2009 huh?  diabolical

redknapp will probably sign half the fucking world if the window is extended

I think its about getting people to medicals.

yeah guess, but then it's not really being extended then is it?  typical sky shite....basically they're letting the deals be finalised after 5pm today, nothing new should happen...guess they'll just need written proof of everything before 5pm today

Newcastle United bid for City star Johnson

Feb 2 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED have made a deadline day bid to sign Michael Johnson from Manchester City.

The Chronicle understands that the Magpies have offered a fee between £6-8million for the England Under-21 midfielder.

Yet a source from the City camp believe the Magpies may have acted too late to sign the young gun.

United were also linked with Coventry left-back Daniel Fox, Liverpool defender Sami Hyppia and St Etienne star Bafetimbi Gomis today.

And with Tolouse right-back Abil Ebondo also mooted on deadline day Kinnear has his work cut out before the 5pm deadline.