The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Haven't we learnt from previous windows under Ashley that we dont announce any signings we've done until after the window has shut. Thats what happened with Xisco, Beye and Faye.

I'm off to bed then. Got barely 4 hours last night after watching the match and have a meeting at Goldman Sachs tomorrow - that lot are full-on at the best of times.

Jim White on SSN in just over an hour something must happen then.

Why? Is he in charge of our transfer dealings? :lol:

It all happens when White is on.

Meanwhile Talksport saying Riquelme spotted with Lambias this the worst rumour of the day.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Our big news is Kinnear hs signed a 3 year deal. :weep:

:kinnear: :'( :icon_puke_r:

Seriously ?

Please let this be a lie.

:doh: :( :'( :suicide:

Sickens me that now even Sunderland and Portsmouth perform better than us in the transfer window. Honestly, Bent would a perfect replacement for Owen

Sunderland have signed Tal Ben Haim on loan. They've done tremendous.

Everything else is rumour. If every rumour came true for other clubs and not us, then I could see your point.

Also, Portsmouth have signed a load of crap and taken some gambles. We'll see.

so better than us yeah?

Hayden Mullins.

A Portugese kid who Adams said he might not play because he doesn't know how good he is.

Angelos Basinas

That Gekas fella

Pennant (good player, but an idiot)

Sold:

Diarra

Defoe

No, not better than us to be honest.

i was speaking about incomings only to be fair, sorry I didn't make that clear.

Pennant, Mullins, Gekas, Basinas and possibly Dos Santos represents much better business than Lovenkrands, Nolan and possibly Taylor

It's the old quality vs quantity argument. Imagine if we'd signed Hayden Mullins? People would be dead.

Guest The Libertine

Sickens me that now even Sunderland and Portsmouth perform better than us in the transfer window. Honestly, Bent would a perfect replacement for Owen

Everything else is rumour. If every rumour came true for other clubs and not us, then I could see your point.

so better than us yeah?

Hayden Mullins.

A Portugese kid who Adams said he might not play because he doesn't know how good he is.

Angelos Basinas

That Gekas fella

Sold:

Diarra

Defoe

Pennant, Mullins, Gekas, Basinas and possibly Dos Santos represents much better business than Lovenkrands, Nolan and possibly Taylor

you cant just ignore the players sold. they've both sold 2 of their best players and not replaced them adequately enough (or at all). not good business.

so better than us yeah?

Hayden Mullins.

Angelos Basinas

That Gekas fella

Sold:

Diarra

Defoe

It's the old quality vs quantity argument. Imagine if we'd signed Hayden Mullins? People would be dead.

Prefer him to Butt.

Jim White on SSN in just over an hour something must happen then.

Why? Is he in charge of our transfer dealings? :lol:

It all happens when White is on.

Meanwhile Talksport saying Riquelme spotted with Lambias this the worst rumour of the day.

Were they saying it as a rumour or actually in the news?

Rumour but as if they knew.

Guest firetotheworks

so better than us yeah?

Hayden Mullins.

Angelos Basinas

That Gekas fella

Sold:

Diarra

Defoe

you cant just ignore the players sold. they've both sold 2 of their best players and not replaced them adequately enough (or at all). not good business.

Exactly. If your team sells its best two players and replaces them with bargains it doesnt matter. Business means fuck all when they step onto the pitch.

Guest The Libertine

Sounds familiar.

harper is a good enough replacement and free. n'zogbia is/was on strike so he can hardly be classed as one of our best players.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Darren Bent to Sunderland???

With Cisse and Jones there already?

Don't understand that.

Still optimistic Kaka?  :lol:

LOL

Guest johnson293

Is the Darren Bent to Sunderland actually concrete or is everyone getting worked up over an unlikely rumour?

It was on Setanta, but not on Sky - make your own mind up!!