The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

We also don't know if when saying "international" Kinnear was referring to players who have actually played international matches or just "lads from abroad."

With our luck, probably the latter :lol:

he was referring to those playing internationally on his pes game. I'm not sure when his discs date back to so could be any number of players

Geremi off to Besiktas hopefully.

You heard anything UM?

Geremi hasn't done anything of note for us, apart from a few crucial assists last season, but it sounds like he was good to have around the dressing room. Would be a bit sad his last outing for us he got booed the way he did. Would have rather his substitution was more of a non-event, much like his contribution to the cause.

two expensive loan fees. ???

no mention of italian or argentinian, sounds promising though, in the way that the fees HAVE been agreed

Find out in the next 48 hours as well. (hopefully not like Owens 48 hours deadline)

two expensive loan fees. ???

no mention of italian or argentinian, sounds promising though, in the way that the fees HAVE been agreed

Where's this talk of fees agreed coming from?

JFK on SSN's

Guest Heneage

Geremi off to Besiktas hopefully.

You heard anything UM?

Geremi hasn't done anything of note for us, apart from a few crucial assists last season, but it sounds like he was good to have around the dressing room. Would be a bit sad his last outing for us he got booed the way he did. Would have rather his substitution was more of a non-event, much like his contribution to the cause.

He was great for the dressing room, helped Charlie with his problems, as well as helping Wes and Bassong to settle in.

Zoggy out for a decent fee - Sign Lovenkrands on a free and spend Zoggy's fee on Tom De Mul (right winger) and Meireles (Box to Box dynamo).

Left footed wingers - Duff and Lovenkrands

Right footed wingers - Gutierrez and Tom De Mul

Central midfielders - Barton, Meireles, Butt and Guthrie

Midfield instantly sorted.

Shame it won't happen.

O ye of little faith.

Where there is "the system" there is a way.

I think we'll do alright in this window when all is said and done.

Guest marky555

Definitely not going to fall for his projected timescales this time, "the next 48 hours" could be two weeks for all we know.

I would expect Burdisso to be one of them for definite.

We were linked with him quite a lot towards the end of the summer and again this window. He has played alongside Coloccini a fair bit too. He is also versatile, playing at both left back and centre back. Hasn't featured much for Inter I don't think.

The Italian though ... I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's a midfielder.

I would expect Burdisso to be one of them for definite.

We were linked with him quite a lot towards the end of the summer and again this window. He has played alongside Coloccini a fair bit too. He is also versatile, playing at both left back and centre back. Hasn't featured much for Inter I don't think.

The Italian though ... I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's a midfielder.

Agree, think Burdisso is a shoe in, which would be fantastic.

That said we will probably end up with someone much less flattering.

The Italian though ... I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's a midfielder. Aye.

Bresciano is Italian/Australian - perhaps JK got confused

:lol:

Was just about to say the same. I think it is very likely it is Bresciano who does have Italian heritage but is really Australian.

Let's give Joe some credit perhaps he thought it would be too obvious if he said he was Australian.

If we land Burdisso and Bresciano in the next 48 hrs I will be grinning from ear to ear. Two very experienced players who would definitely add quality to our side.

Have faith brothers!