The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Well these players can often adapt to new positions with age, Donaldson has been playing in Midfield for the youths, and players like Ashley Cole started out as strikers, so it's not impossible to think the scouts have seen something that can be adapted to a different position.

to be honest I would be happy for us to buy players around the age of the likes of bassong and guthrie and not necessarily spend 10 million a shot on players. Its surely better taking a chance on these players than buying so called established experienced players

Having players on loan undergo a trial before you seal the deal really isn't a normal thing.

Also brining in a loan signing to bolster an injury ravaged squad with a player suffering from long term injuries tends to not work out.

Does it, Gonzalez?

He does certainly fit the left back, Argentinian or Italian international, injured for ages, club willing to let him have a trial description that Kinnear has provided us with.

Yep. I'd be pleased if it was him.

He does certainly fit the left back, Argentinian or Italian international, injured for ages, club willing to let him have a trial description that Kinnear has provided us with.

Yep. I'd be pleased if it was him.

Seems highly likely. I had hoped for Burdisso but that was a fools dream.

Not convinced he would be any use to us at all with the age he is and fitness, but we shall see, certainly would have taken him a couple of years ago, infact I wanted him to come here a couple of years ago.

That said the figure given for the loan fee is stupidly high for someone thats nearly 33 and hasnt been playing regularly.

Having players on loan undergo a trial before you seal the deal really isn't a normal thing.

Also brining in a loan signing to bolster an injury ravaged squad with a player suffering from long term injuries tends to not work out.

Does it, Gonzalez?

It means the club aren't bothered.

Cruzeiro don't have a league game until 23rd May 2009, and it is unclear if Sorin took his option for the 2009 season anyhow.