The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

THE PEOPLE:

Newcastle want £3million David James as Shay Given and Steve Harper head for the exit door at St James's Park.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY:

Shay Given has "agreed" a move to Manchester City and Newcastle want David James to replace him.

Newcastle must fight off Udinese and Ajax for Finland Under-21 international Jukka Raitala

SUNDAY MIRROR

Blackpool striker Tom Hitchcock is set to leave the club with Newcastle and Fulham both interested.

LA Galaxy are eyeing a move for England striker Michael Owen

If given goes to man city we should cash in all the money or try to make a swap deal....they have interesting players who dosen´t fit their new superstar image!

if we spend money on D. James or even get him for free i would personally take a plane to newcastle and tell kinnear and ASSley what i think of them :angry:

it would be waste of money....we have harper and promising youngsters to cover! If we are looking for a new keeper, i think kameni would be good...he was rated highly couple of years ago....good age and cheap because his contract runs out in the summer (i heard).

We need central midfielders, if our manager and our scouting system cant see that, they must be blind. Butt isnt capable of anything anymore, he should play with a neutral shirt, and how many penalties has he given away this season?

Barton is injury prone and does some stupid stuff now and then. Guthrie is out for 6 weeks. Geremi needs a wheelchear, he has lost his legs. Zoggy wants away and isnt really a central midfielder... Who is left then??

James set for Toon - The People

Newcastle United will sign Portsmouth goalkeeper David James, as Shay Given and Steve Harper near St James' Park exits. How big a blow would this be for Pompey?

Galaxy eyeing Owen - Sunday Mirror

LA Galaxy could attempt to lure Newcastle United striker Michael Owen to America. Would this be a huge step backwards for Owen?

Shay departure a Given - Daily Star

Newcastle shot-stopper Given is poised to join City for £10million. Is £10m a fair price for the keeper?

Toon lead chase for Campbell-Ryce - Sunday Mirror

Newcastle, Reading and Bolton are all going head-to-head to try and capture the signature of £2.5m rated Barnsley winger Jamal Campbell-Ryce. Would the powerful provider be a good addition?

People's standards are getting too low (no pun intended). The musings of the People, the Star, the NOTW and the Sunday Mirror are worthless and I pay no attention to anything they have to say about us or anyone else for that matter (unless they can surprise me and give direct quotes from a named source who I'd have reason to believe).

Things have been so quiet you just have to believe something is about to happen out of nowhere right?

:undecided:

Big week for the club. Either way we will all no for sure where things stand with the current regime.

Can't wait for this next week to be over tbh.

Things have been so quiet you just have to believe something is about to happen out of nowhere right?

Big week for the club. Either way we will all no for sure where things stand with the current regime.

better prepare for the big comedown my friend..

better prepare for the big comedown my friend..

That's every day for you though man. ;)

Newcastle Interested In Costa Rican Striker

January 25th, 2009

There is news today in that bastion of truthful journalism, the News Of The World, that Newcastle are after a Costa Rican footballer,  who is currently playing in the Belgium League.

The news is that Newcastle United have sent scouts to check on Jupiler League club AA Gent star striker, Bryan Ruiz

Brian played for Deportiva Alajuelense (LDA), a Costa Rican football club playing in the Primera División de Costa Rica, from 2003 until 2006, when he was picked up by Gent.

He played 67 times with 25 goals for Deportiva Alajuelense, and has appeared 60 times with 20 goals for AA Gent.

He has also played 14 times for his country, Costa Rica, and has 6 international goals.

Brian was born in August of 1985 in San José, and scored his first hat trick playing for Gent on December 8th 2007 against Lokeren.

Newcastle Interested In Costa Rican Striker

January 25th, 2009

There is news today in that bastion of truthful journalism, the News Of The World, that Newcastle are after a Costa Rican footballer,  who is currently playing in the Belgium League.

The news is that Newcastle United have sent scouts to check on Jupiler League club AA Gent star striker, Bryan Ruiz

Brian played for Deportiva Alajuelense (LDA), a Costa Rican football club playing in the Primera División de Costa Rica, from 2003 until 2006, when he was picked up by Gent.

He played 67 times with 25 goals for Deportiva Alajuelense, and has appeared 60 times with 20 goals for AA Gent.

He has also played 14 times for his country, Costa Rica, and has 6 international goals.

Brian was born in August of 1985 in San José, and scored his first hat trick playing for Gent on December 8th 2007 against Lokeren.

Seems like the sort we would go for at the moment.

Young and up and coming from a smaller league and so lower transfer fee and wages.

23 isn't all that young.

It is if they are being brought in for the first team and you want a bit of experience.

Basically I don't see us going for some of the 28 - 30 year olds we have been linked with unless they are on free transfers.

23 isn't all that young.

It is if they are being brought in for the first team and you want a bit of experience.

Basically I don't see us going for some of the 28 - 30 year olds we have been linked with unless they are on free transfers.

Does Kinnear have any thoughts at all about playing more youth in the side ?

:lol:

I guess when nothing happens you'll be telling people to shut up and wait for the summer.

:lol:

I guess when nothing happens you'll be telling people to shut up and wait for the summer.

:no:

Nope. Afraid not. No excuse if the team isn't improved upon by next week.